BREAKING NEWS!!! Wind storm damages Georgia Dome, Game Upates Inside!!!

dirty

EOG Master
Several bolts fell from rafters, fans looked for safety

By CHIP TOWERS, MIKE KNOBLER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 03/14/08 A wind storm caused several bolts to fall from the rafters of the Georgia Dome on Friday, temporarily delaying a basketball game between Mississippi State and Alabama.
The storm hit the Dome at 9:40 p.m., causing catwalks to sway and insulation to fall from the roof as fans left their seats and huddled in the concourse looking for safety. Curtains that drape the sides of the Dome blew open. Fans said they could see lightning outside the building when the curtains blew open.
<!--endtext--><!--endclickprintinclude--><table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="175"></table><!--startclickprintinclude--><!--begintext--> The giant monitor that hangs over the court swayed for at least 10 minutes after the storm blew through.
Scott Wise of Tupelo, Miss. said he was sitting in Section 107, Row 1, which are temporary bleachers courtside, when he was almost hit by the 1/2-inch long bolt.
"A big old bolt just fell out of the top," Wise said. "It hit right beside my chair. I had no idea what was going on. I looked up and thought the roof was going to come in."
A washer also landed near press row.
A huge panel on the north side of the Dome was ripped open by the storm.
"It was strange. My initial thought was the Kentucky people were stomping their feet above us," Georgia athletics director Damon Evans said. "I've never been through anything like that before. Hopefully, we'll get the game in tonight. I trust the people at the Dome."
Lindsey Dumavant, of Jacksonville, Ala., who was sitting in Section 107, Row 5, crawled under her seats after another bolt, which was sheared off at the nut, landed beside her.
"I've been through a tornado before, and I knew that's what it was," Dumavant said.

Wind storm damages Georgia Dome, delays game | ajc.com

joe blow

EOG Addicted
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Wind storm damages Georgia Dome, delays SEC game

What happened to rhe bets ,if they don't finish?BTW:ESPN says thay should start the game back up soon.But who really knows.Dome looks bad.

dirty

EOG Master

Game should start back up soon.... The Dome has a Canvas Roof Supported by Cables and this happened one time before in the late 90's..... I was there when it did.. it was before a Falcons/49ers game... They got workers all over that place and will secure everything... all the bad storms are done with for the Atlanta area

scary scene. Glad everyone looks to be okay

GREAT JOB by the staff and security there

dirty

EOG Master

It looks like the UGA/UK game is going to be cancelled... they are trying to decide if it is fair for the teams to play one game in the AM and One game tomorrow night.... If they only play one game tomorrow and have the Semis on Sunday that puts the Champ game on Monday and throws a wrench in Selecting the 64 team field...

It looks like the UGA/UK game is going to be cancelled... they are trying to decide if it is fair for the teams to play one game in the AM and One game tomorrow night.... If they only play one game tomorrow and have the Semis on Sunday that puts the Champ game on Monday and throws a wrench in Selecting the 64 team field...

Will they be able to fix the Dome roof tonight so games can be played tomorrow morning?

dirty

EOG Master

NO Hoops tonight...but they are not letting people leave the dome yet...Tornado storms are moving southeast out of Atlanta.... CNN Center, Omni Hotel, and World Congress Center Atrium got Fucked up

dirty

EOG Master

Will they be able to fix the Dome roof tonight so games can be played tomorrow morning?

That is what they are determining now... as it will quit Raining tonight and Tstorms Moving back in tomorrow.... And they were talking about having to Meet TV contracts and Crowds if they Move Venues... There is not another Venue in Atlanta that can seat the 40K tickets sold... Philips seats 18K for hoops, Gwinnett Arena seats 12k, and GT seats 12K

dirty

EOG Master

Sports Guy on WSBTV Channel 2 in Atlanta said NCAA, SEC and GA Dome officials are meeting and UGA and Kentucky are wanting to get to the Hotel so they can rest in case they have to play in the AM

Philips is the Best option they said just now

They said Pressure changed so much in the Dome that Pipes Busted and flooded the dome.

Wind Damage Heavy In Downtown Atlanta

POSTED: 9:29 pm EDT March 14, 2008
UPDATED: 11:36 pm EDT March 14, 2008

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.wsbtv.com/js/13260191/script.js"></script><!--startindex-->ATLANTA -- A possible tornado roared through downtown Atlanta Friday night ripping the facade off a parking deck, blowing out windows and rocking the roof of the Georgia Dome.The powerful winds tore the front off a parking facility near CNN Center and scattered sheets of metal across Centennial Olympic Park. Strands of pink building insulation hung from trees in the downtown park like Spanish moss."It looks like a given it was a tornado," said WSB-TV Channel 2 Meteorologist Glenn Burns.Dozens of ambulances lined the streets around the park, but only a few injuries were reported. Exits from Interstates to the downtown area were closed because of glass still falling from buildings."It looked like a tornado to us, but we really didn't see it coming," said one man who is in Atlanta for a dental convention.At the SunTrust Bank Building dozens of windows were blown out, showering the streets below with broken glass. A taxi cab was picked up, spun around and dropped onto a sidewalk alongside Centennial Park.Inside CNN Center, water poured through damage in the ceiling into the building's atrium, the network reported on its web site. Glass shattered, and parts of the building filled with dust.Power was knocked out in parts of downtown Atlanta, leaving 10,000 customers without power.The winds caused several bolts to fall from the rafters of the Georgia Dome, temporarily delaying a basketball game between Mississippi State and Alabama, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The high winds caused catwalks to sway and insulation to fall from the roof as fans left their seats and huddled in the concourse looking for safety, the newspaper reported.The set of giant screens that hang over the court swayed for 10 minutes after the storm blew through. Dome officials said the roof remained intact, but panels along the side of the arena ripped, allowing wind to blow through the building.The storms brought rain and sleet to some areas.At 10:28 the National Weather Service issued a tornado warning and a severe thunderstorm warning for Rockdale and Newton Counties. At 10:26 NWS Doppler radar indicated a tornado in the area. The "tornado was located near I-20 at mile marker 86, moving east-southeast at 30 mph," according to the warning.The forecast calls for more rain Saturday, but sunny skies by Sunday.<!--stopindex-->
Copyright 2008 by WSBTV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Your Early Warning Neighborhood Forecast service just got better! Now, you can get the latest information from Channel 2 Action News along with weather warnings and forecast delivered directly to your desktop. More Details

Wind Damage Heavy In Downtown Atlanta - Weather News Story - WSB Atlanta

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

damn - had KY Jelly in the first half and game because this was a bad sked spot for UGA

rumor has it NO hurricane - but rather dirty loosening up his belt and the resulting massive wind is what happened

dirty

EOG Master
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Wind storm damages Georgia Dome, Game Upates Inside!!!

The UGA/Kentucky game has been moved to Ga Tech at 12 noon Saturday..... I will update where the other 2 games will be played and where.... GT only seats 9200 after the renovation....

dirty

EOG Master

'War zone' after winds hit downtown Atlanta, Georgia Dome
Storm may be 'nothing' compared to what's coming Saturday, says meteorologist

By BILL SANDERS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 03/14/08 When the storms hit Atlanta Friday night at its busiest basketball time, they hit hard, leaving the Centennial Olympic Park area looking like what one witness described as a "war zone."
There were injuries, including many abrasions from flying glass, but by midnight it appeared most were not critical.
<!--endtext--><!--endclickprintinclude--><table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="175"><tbody><tr><td>
Ben Gray/AJC
</td></tr><tr><td class="caption">Basketball fans survey the damage in the Georgia Dome roof.
</td></tr><tr><td>
Ben Gray/AJC
</td></tr><tr><td class="caption">A hole shows in the roof of the Georgia Dome.
</td></tr><tr><td><table bgcolor="#cccccc" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="170"><tbody><tr><td><table bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="9" cellspacing="0" width="168"><tbody><tr><td class="body">RELATED LINKS:
? 10,000 without power, streets to downtown closed, MARTA operating
? Map: Area of damage
? SEC tourney shifted to Ga. Tech due to damage
? Forecast
? Photos: Storm hits Atlanta
? Blog: Did Friday night's weather affect you?
? Send us your storm photos
? Photos: Readers send storm pics
? Get AJC breaking news & traffic alerts on your mobile device.
? More Atlanta news
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td><table bgcolor="#cccccc" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="170"><tbody><tr><td><table bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="9" cellspacing="0" width="168"><tbody><tr><td class="body">
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table><!--startclickprintinclude--><!--begintext--> The storm that made a direct hit on downtown Atlanta was reported widely as a "possible tornado," based on damage reports, radar sightings and the because "some people thought they may have heard a freight train sound" as it passed, said National Weather Service meteorologist Mike Leary.
Thunderstorms were expected to have passed out of the metro Atlanta area by 2 a.m., but even heavier weather was expected Saturday afternoon and evening.
The storms that hit Atlanta on Friday could be "nothing to compare with what's coming in tomorrow," Leary said.
The worst of the damage and injuries centered on the Georgia Dome, CNN Center and Omni Hotel, but the downtown area was only part of the terrifying story.
For a while Friday night, with one suspected tornado passed and more bad weather on the way, thousands of basketball fans were essentially stuck with no option other than to ride out the storm and hope for the best.
Thousands of basketball fans, some in the Georgia Dome, some roaming the streets, were caught in what WSB-TV called a tornado.
At about 9:40 p.m., high winds hit the Georgia Dome, ripping off sections of the arena where the SEC men's basketball tournament was underway. Neighboring hotels and office buildings had windows blown out.
Initial reports were that there were only a few minor injures. But in the midst of a chaotic scene, no one could say for sure, as ambulances were seen going up and down the streets.
Grady EMS rushed seven patients to Grady Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, said hospital spokeswoman Denise Simpson. She said an eighth person was taken to Atlanta medical condition in critical condition.
Simpson said Grady suffered several broken windows, but no major structural damage.
The storm delayed the end of the quarterfinal game between Alabama and Mississippi State. Mississippi State eventually won the game 69-67 in overtime.
The Georgia-Kentucky game was postponed and rescheduled for Saturday.
Basketball fans inside the Dome reported feeling strong winds, hearing a train sound and seeing the large monitor over the court and some scaffolding swaying around 9:40 p.m. Then debris began falling from the roof inside the Dome as fans left their seats and huddled in the concourse looking for safety.
Curtains that drape the sides of the Dome blew open, and fans said they could see lightning outside the building when the curtains blew open.
Outside the Dome, a vacant eight- or nine-story building near Centennial Olympic Park collapsed during the storm, but that no injuries were reported, said Ron Campbell, Atlanta Police Department's spokesman.
Most of the windows of the Omni Hotel facing Marietta Street were blown out, and "numerous people have injuries," Campbell said. None of the injuries appeared serious, Campbell said.
Cabbagetown reported extensive damage to homes there. While no official reports of damage were available, residents of Cabbagetown reported numerous trees down and said power was out to the area.
At The Stacks Loft apartment complex at Boulevard and Memorial Boulevard, resident Kevin Goolsby said he was on the top floor of one of buildings that lost part of its roof.
"It sounded like it was a big roar for about 15 seconds. The building started shaking, and all you could hear was your ears popping."
About 10,000 customers were out of power around midnight, said Georgia Power spokeswoman Konswello Monroe said. She said Georgia Power has called in extra crews from surrounding counties to make repairs.
Everywhere around the storm scene, there was chaos. Windows were blown out of parked cars, trees were down and huge steel billboards were twisted on top of parked cars. The words "war zone" were used over and over to describe what the Centennial Park area looked like.
Raymond Sheffield, 34, of Dallas, Texas, said he was in town for a dental convention and was eating at Ted's Montana Grill on Spring Street downtown. About the time desserts came, debris slammed into the glass front of the restaurant-- pieces of trees and bits of buildings doing the damage.
"I would say more than half of the windows are gone" from the front of the restaurant, Sheffield said. "What's left is basically hanging on and ready to fall."
John Hisey, 49, of Marietta, was in Phillips Arena at the Hawks game.
"I heard a noise - it sounded like a big rumble. I looked up, and the wall was just flexing." He said people in some of the mid-level seating areas got up and started running for the exits. "They just took off. They knew something. I didn't know what was going on at the time. I thought it was an earthquake. It was just amazing, though."
Hisey went outside. "When I got out, I was shocked. I couldn't believe it. There's all kinds of debris, insulation, there's all kinds of windows broken out."
Joselyn Baker, spokeswoman for MARTA said around 11 p.m.: "The last report I got was, we were still able to deliver service, but we're experiencing delays (on the rail lines) due to the weather."
Georgia Athletics Director Damon Evans was hopeful for the best, even after the storm.
"It was strange. My initial thought was the Kentucky people were stomping their feet above us," Evans said. "I've never been through anything like that before. Hopefully, we'll get the game in tonight. I trust the people at the Dome."
The people at the dome said no way.
""I didn't have any problem with (going back out to play)," Alabama coach Mike Gottfried said. "Once the engineers, or whomever makes those decisions, determine it's safe, you trust that they are making the right ones."
This story was reported by Chip Towers, Mike Knobler, Tim Eberly, Chandler Brown, Anisha Frizzell, Ben Smith, Andy Miller and Celine Bufkin

'War zone' after winds hit downtown Atlanta, Georgia Dome | ajc.com

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

The UGA/Kentucky game has been moved to Ga Tech at 12 noon Saturday..... I will update where the other 2 games will be played and where.... GT only seats 9200 after the renovation....

gotta think all the rest will be played there, too

dirty

EOG Master

Most Likely.... but when is the question... as Philips suffered damage... and with the area on Marietta St and International BLVD looking like a Bomb was dropped there is no way to get fans there.....

dirty

EOG Master

Home Show Cancelled; SEC Tournament Moved To Tech

POSTED: 1:48 am EDT March 15, 2008
UPDATED: 2:51 am EDT March 15, 2008

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.wsbtv.com/js/13260191/script.js"></script><!--startindex-->ATLANTA -- Damage in Downtown Atlanta is so severe that the remaining games in the SEC tournament will be played at Georgia Tech and the Home Show has been cancelled at the Georgia World Congress Center, but there was still no decision on where Atlanta's St. Patrick's Day Parade will be held.UGA will play Kentucky at noon at Tech's Alexander Memorial Coliseum, according to WSB-TV Channel 2 sports director Chuck Dowdle. The two teams were scheduled to play Friday night, but that game was postponed by Friday's damaging storm.The winner will have to play two games on Saturday, moving on to a semi-final game later in the day.The finals of the tournament will be played Sunday afternoon. There was no word from conference officials on how they will handle seating at Tech. Alexander Memorial Coliseum seats 9,191, considerably less than the 25,000 that the Dome holds.The damage forced the cancellation of the Atlanta Home Show that was scheduled for Saturday and Sunday at the Georgia World Congress Center.Mayor Shirley Franklin said early Saturday morning that the annual St. Patrick's Day Parade would have to be moved because of the debris littering downtown streets. City officials were talking with parade officials to decide if the parade will be held in another location or cancelled.<!--stopindex-->
Copyright 2008 by WSBTV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Home Show Cancelled; SEC Tournament Moved To Tech - News Story - WSB Atlanta

dirty

EOG Master

All Ramps off the interstates to Downtown have been closed... NO way in Downtown

dirty

EOG Master

Possible Twister Rips Apart Downtown Atlanta; Stronger Storms Coming

POSTED: 9:29 pm EDT March 14, 2008
UPDATED: 3:02 am EDT March 15, 2008

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.wsbtv.com/js/13260191/script.js"></script><!--startindex-->ATLANTA -- A severe storm ripped through downtown Atlanta last night, damaging skyscrapers, hotels and two major sports arenas filled with thousands of pro and college basketball fans.Mayor Shirley Franklin said it was a tornado that caused the damage, but that was not confirmed by the National Weather Service.An even larger storm system was expected to move through north Georgia starting at daybreak, bringing with it heavy rains, high winds and lightning, according to WSB-TV Channel 2 Chief Meteorologist Glenn Burns.The Atlanta Police Department reported numerous injuries in downtown Atlanta area. At least 20 people were taken to Grady Memorial Hospital -- two of them were firefighters. One person is suffering life threatening injuries. No fatalities have been reported.The powerful winds tore the front off a parking facility near CNN Center and scattered sheets of metal across Centennial Olympic Park. Strands of pink building insulation hung from trees in the downtown park like Spanish moss."It looks like a given it was a tornado," said Burns.SUBMIT: Your Downtown Atlanta Storm Damage Pics

Dozens of ambulances lined the streets around the park. Exits from interstates to the downtown area were closed because of glass still falling from buildings."It looked like a tornado to us, but we really didn't see it coming," said one man who is in Atlanta for a dental convention.The Omni Hotel was evacuated. Curtains could be seen hanging outside of the blown out windows. Crumpled pieces of luggage that were possibly pulled out of the windows were found in the street.At the SunTrust Bank Building dozens of windows were blown out, showering the streets below with broken glass. A taxi cab was picked up, spun around and dropped onto a sidewalk alongside Centennial Park.A parking deck attendant told Channel 2 photographer Alvin Bryant that she had to hold on to a light pole when the winds hit and was "flying like a flag" outside the Georgia Dome.SLIDESHOW: Your Downtown Atlanta Storm Damage Pics

The windows of vehicles in the area were also blown out.Inside CNN Center, water poured through damage in the ceiling into the building's atrium, the network reported on its web site. Glass shattered, and parts of the building filled with dust.Power was knocked out in parts of downtown Atlanta, leaving 10,000 customers without power.Karone Edge, 23, was relaxing inside the waiting room of the Westin Hotel, also downtown, with two friends and saw debris flying by the window. After watching the glass shatter in front of him, he said everyone began to run, and he fell, scraping his arms and legs."I thought the building was falling like a terrorist attack," said Edge, who was walking around with a bloodied sock.A fireman outside CNN Center said three people in the vicinity had been transported to hospitals. One of them was a child with head injuries. He said none of the injuries appeared to be life-threatening.The quarterfinal basketball game between Alabama and Mississippi State at the Georgia Dome was halted after the roof was torn, but resumed after a delay of nearly an hour. The high winds caused catwalks to sway and insulation to fall from the roof as fans left their seats and huddled in the concourse looking for safety, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.The set of giant screens that hang over the court swayed for 10 minutes after the storm blew through. Dome officials said the roof remained intact, but panels along the side of the arena ripped, allowing wind to blow through the building.The teams were sent to the locker room while those who remained at their seats looked anxiously toward the roof. The game was stopped with Mississippi State leading 64-61 with 2:11 left in overtime.Mississippi State held on to beat Alabama 69-67 after the delay.A roaring noise was heard inside when the storm struck. Several fans and at least one reporter on press row said metal bolts and washers fell from the ceiling, though there were no immediate reports of injuries. A pipe ripped a hole in the roof. In the Cabbagetown neighborhood, a loft apartment building called The Stacks -- built in an old cotton mill -- had severe damage to one corner, and appeared to have major roof damage. Fire officials said it "pancaked," and they were uncertain whether all the occupants had escaped. Darlys Walker, property manager for the lofts, told WSB-TV there was one minor injury. Taylor Morris, a 29-year-old Delta Air Lines employee who lives near the lofts, said he and his girlfriend were at home and took shelter in the bathroom when the storm passed over in a matter of 15-20 seconds. "The whole house was shaking," he said. "We didn't know what was going on." He said shingles and a sheet of plywood were ripped from his roof and tossed into a neighbor's tree. May said a vacant building also collapsed, with no apparent injuries. Weiss said search and rescue teams from five metro-Atlanta communities were called in as a precaution. He said the teams are equipped to handle rescues in collapsed buildings.Melody and Brad Sorrells were at home with their two children when the storm hit. The family was in their living room when Melody Sorrells said she heard the huge pine in their front yard crash into their house. "I saw it falling and we ran into the back bedrooms in the closet," she said, while turning to look at the massive trunk blocking the front door. "I feel sick." The family escaped out of the back of the house. Brad Sorrells said the winds sounded like a roaring train. "It was a tornado," he said, with arms folded.<!--stopindex-->
Copyright 2008 by WSBTV.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Possible Twister Rips Apart Downtown Atlanta; Stronger Storms Coming - News Story - WSB Atlanta

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Most Likely.... but when is the question... as Philips suffered damage... and with the area on Marietta St and International BLVD looking like a Bomb was dropped there is no way to get fans there.....

the hawks are out of town the next few days - any chance the tourney could be moved there? never been to GA so i have no clue where everything is so you gotta help us out here

dirty

EOG Master

Philips is Next door to the GA dome... You can throw a rock and hit it.... I posted a couple posts ago all games would be at Ga Tech

Glad nobody was hurt...SEC --KY--Geo is screwed now.

Another reason to start play on Wednesday and Championship on Saturday--you got a day to play with.:+clueless

Tourney should be in Nashville every year anyway--Hell, its in Tampa next year--what does Tampa have to do with the SEC--what a joke. I guess they got an arena that seats 60,000 and you can make $$$$$--30,000 won't see nothing but players that look like BB's:whatever:

The Devil

EOG Master

Storm forces SEC tournament move, unusual twinbill

By Andy Katz
ESPN.com
(Archive)

<!-- promo plug -->
<!-- end promo plug -->

<!-- end story header --><!-- begin left column --><!-- begin page tools -->Updated: March 15, 2008, 5:15 AM ET

<!-- end page tools --><!-- begin story body --><!-- template inline -->The SEC will take the unprecedented move and have a team play twice in one day in order to conclude the storm-delayed conference tournament in Atlanta before the NCAA tournament selection announcement Sunday at 6 p.m.
Early Saturday morning, SEC director of communications, DeWayne Peevy, told ESPN.com by phone from Atlanta that Georgia and Kentucky would play at noon Saturday in a makeup of the postponed quarterfinal on the campus of Georgia Tech at the Alexander Memorial Coliseum, instead of the storm-damaged Georgia Dome. The first semifinal pitting Tennessee and Arkansas would take place at 6 p.m. while the second semifinal between the winner of Kentucky-Georgia and Mississippi State will tip at approximately 8:30 p.m.
The final is scheduled for 3 p.m. on CBS Sunday. All games will be at Georgia Tech. Peevy said the league consulted with committee chair Tom O'Connor, the athletic director of George Mason, on the decision. SEC commissioner Mike Slive is on the committee as well and was part of the decision process from Indianapolis. Peevy said since the league reaffirmed that the automatic qualifier from the SEC comes from the conference tournament then the games have to be played prior to the announcement of the selections on Sunday. Peevy said O'Connor told the SEC that if it wants to preserve its automatic qualifier among the 31 AQs that are awarded for the field of 65 then the tournament must be completed.
Peevy said the league also will limit attendance in the 9100-seat arena to only the players' families, cheerleaders, bands and other credentialed individuals. He said further announcements were pending about refunding tickets.
He said the league looked at all possible scenarios, including co-champs by playing one game Saturday and the semifinals Sunday, but were told that if they wanted the AQ then the tourney had to be completed.
Kentucky and Georgia's head coaches and athletic directors signed off on this arrangement. SEC officials had to agree to this deal because they have deemed that their conference champion is the tournament champion and thus the automatic qualifier out of the conference.
Andy Katz is a senior college basketball writer for ESPN.com.

<!-- end story body --><!-- begin sp links -->

dirty

EOG Master

Glad nobody was hurt...SEC --KY--Geo is screwed now.

Another reason to start play on Wednesday and Championship on Saturday--you got a day to play with.:+clueless

Tourney should be in Nashville every year anyway--Hell, its in Tampa next year--what does Tampa have to do with the SEC--what a joke. I guess they got an arena that seats 60,000 and you can make $$$$$--30,000 won't see nothing but players that look like BB's:whatever:

Being in Atlanta, and not in Nashville, has no bearing one way or the other whether the tournament was delayed by Tornado's. I don't think GOD said "Oh well the SEC decided to have the Tourney at the GA Dome and Not the Inbred Capital of the world. Since the Falcons Suck lets just Punish them with Hitting downtown Atlanta with a Tornado to show them Idiots" :whatever:

And If the GA Dome had not been so successful in the past Tourney's they have had there then it would not be there. They Moved it Next year to take advantage of UF's Success and their Fan Base.... And If you can't see why Atlanta is the Natural Choice to have it at with all it's Hotel Rooms, Airport, Nightlife, and Convention Space for the SEC Fan Fare then I don't know what to say. It is supposed to be Fan Friendly and I don't think going to the Ernest Tubb Museum, The Hee Haw Barn Remnant Sanctuary, and the Replication of Dolly Parton's Tits with Chewed Bubble Gum Statue is what Most fans have in Mind when they think of a good time. :+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3

Thought the SEC and Atlanta/Georgia Dome officials did a fantastic job averting a near disaster.