Hardest sport to watch when you NEED the OVER?

Journeyman

EOG Master
They are all excruciating if you watch and need the over, if you live and die with each game....I suppose one could make the arguement that if you bet such a small (1-2%) of ones bankroll than it shouldn't hurt to bad either way.

I think baseball is the toughest when you need runs....especially when you have tons of baserunners and no clucth hits.

:hung

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast
Re: Hardest sports to watch when you NEED the OVER?

Re: Hardest sports to watch when you NEED the OVER?

basketball for me because I criticize the shot selection of alot of these morons.

Always a sure sign of horribly coached team

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: Hardest sport to watch when you NEED the OVER?

They are all tough, the NBA is probably harder on the system, with so many possessions and when nothing is falling...either way really with a basketball total, so many mini deaths with each make or miss!

Baseball.

I agree Journey. Having them loaded with none out and not getting a run is always a KILLER!!

The joys of summer.

wiskers

EOG Dedicated

when you have the over on a big 10 bball game like today with wis and ill. it is absolutely painful to watch when any 2 teams can't get to 112

Journeyman

EOG Master

Baseball.

I agree Journey. Having them loaded with none out and not getting a run is always a KILLER!!

The joys of summer.

Oh yeah, I don't think the avg fan realizes how many times the runners are completely stranded with bases jacked and no one or just one out!

Raul Mondesi was the worst at coming thru with less than 2 down, just needing a sac.

I have lists for all the shit! :hung

Or if you have the bases loaded and 'need' the final out , it is always the #8 hitter with a scratch single off the second basemans glove which slows it up enough for all 3 to come around to score!
LOL:doh1

Journeyman

EOG Master

And in the NL, you 'finally' get the rally going and the 8 and 9 guys are up and you end up with notta.

How bout bases full and 3-0 count only to have the guy swing and pop up a for sure ball four or swing and miss at ball four? Inning now gets nothing everytime.

I would think it's baseball since generally so much has to happen sequentially for a game to go over. You're watching and basically just hoping that one big inning comes along where it all falls into place.

Football- It's tough to figure out if you want a team to get a first down or punt. It depends on field position but it'll drive you crazy trying to figure it out. The other sports you know what you want to happen.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Football- It's tough to figure out if you want a team to get a first down or punt. It depends on field position but it'll drive you crazy trying to figure it out. The other sports you know what you want to happen.

Yeah those damn 30 yards drives can also drive ya nuts, teams moving it to the other teams 40 and then going backwards and punting!

:+computer

BigBollocks

EOG Member

Soccer. If you need two goals in ten minutes (fat chance) and you're just watching the time tick by, it is unbelievably excrutiating :(

Journeyman

EOG Master

Fumbling into the end zone for a touchback, 1st and goal at the 1!~

:frustrate

Finance

EOG Veteran

I have to agree with the baseball (although I could see the soccer thing, but I don't bet soccer). But since I have such a short memory I have to agree with Wiskers above with the Big 10 schools - also had over 111.5 yesterday and it was horrid watching the whole thing...

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here

NBA- Sweating out the last 2 minutes when you need fouls and free throws, or when you have the over 200 and there are 165 points scored after three quarters in a blowout. Teams clear both benches and the scrubs combine to score 34 dribbling out the clock.

NBA- Sweating out the last 2 minutes when you need fouls and free throws, or when you have the over 200 and there are 165 points scored after three quarters in a blowout. Teams clear both benches and the scrubs combine to score 34 dribbling out the clock.

Agree but college hoops is even worse. You get teams in the 1 and 1 with guards who shoot 60% from the line. If they make shots the losing team just starts firing up threes. If they miss them they play it straight and go for layups instead. One made or missed free throw can lead to 4 points being scored in the last minute or 20 points being scored in the last minute.

Hockey is the worst for the under bettor. If you bet under 5 all it takes is 4 goals (2-2) to make you a push at best. Then you have to deal with an empty net sometimes, which leads to a ton of shots on goal on one side of the ice or a possible easy goal on the other. Bet enough under 5's and then watch the games over a decade and you probably will lose all your hair.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Agree but college hoops is even worse. You get teams in the 1 and 1 with guards who shoot 60% from the line. If they make shots the losing team just starts firing up threes. If they miss them they play it straight and go for layups instead. One made or missed free throw can lead to 4 points being scored in the last minute or 20 points being scored in the last minute.

Hockey is the worst for the under bettor. If you bet under 5 all it takes is 4 goals (2-2) to make you a push at best. Then you have to deal with an empty net sometimes, which leads to a ton of shots on goal on one side of the ice or a possible easy goal on the other. Bet enough under 5's and then watch the games over a decade and you probably will lose all your hair.

I would think Hockey would be real tough too with totals...shit they all are tough, who am i kidding!

:houra