Would you rather lose by the Hook or by 30?

I believe this is a no brainer but I thought I'd throw it out there...

I personally would rather lose by 30 rather than the hook because it hurts a whole lot less imho.....

What about YOU?

Thanks.,

THE SHRINK

Re: Would you rather lose by the Hook or by 30?

30. I can spend the whole second half thinking about my next play instead of the time wasted in sweating out a close loss.

I would rather be buried at halftime with no chance to win than lose a game by a hook.

iLoViK

EOG Addicted

No matter to me, a loss is a loss... And that is why I rarely watch games i bet live, record everything and watch when already know the score :)

Journeyman

EOG Master

ahhh I guess in reality losing big is easier, if you know you are losing either way, it has to be easier on the system!

how many 1/2 point losses does the avg gambler have in him? :doh1

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Would rather lose by 30

Unfortunately, it seems like the majority of us lose closer to the hook than the blowouts............ :(

iLoViK

EOG Addicted

ahhh I guess in reality losing big is easier, if you know you are losing either way, it has to be easier on the system!

how many 1/2 point losses does the avg gambler have in him? :doh1

If you place hundreds of bets a day, you will get them everyday... Just having about 30-40 bets on tennis a day, there a shitload of totals i lose by half a game. So it happens, shitloads :)

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I would much rather lose a close one. Then it probably was not bad capping but a bad beat or bad break. Those are inherent with betting. Losing by 30 is way worse because you were so far off you are not even close to capping it right. I once saw Old Man Ted lose a game by 60!, in the NBA playoffs. He ended up going ofer 6 or 7 and raised the white flag, wishing he was just losing by a hook, instead of double digits every game. He was cluesless that first blowout, and never got close. If you lose a game by 30, and it's not some weird OT disaster, you better reevaluate what you are doing. At least as far as those teams, because your read is off.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

yep, would much rather lose by 30. Can move on to other things instead of being teased for 3 hours and being an emotional wreck by the final whistle

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

The loss by a hook would be more apt to set someone on tilt. Not me, i am just saying in general :p

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

I would much rather lose a close one. Then it probably was not bad capping but a bad beat or bad break. Those are inherent with betting. Losing by 30 is way worse because you were so far off you are not even close to capping it right. I once saw Old Man Ted lose a game by 60!, in the NBA playoffs. He ended up going ofer 6 or 7 and raised the white flag, wishing he was just losing by a hook, instead of double digits every game. He was cluesless that first blowout, and never got close. If you lose a game by 30, and it's not some weird OT disaster, you better reevaluate what you are doing. At least as far as those teams, because your read is off.

Thought about the same thing Frog, and I agree losing closely shows you were at least close with your capping, helping your pride a bit, but it still hurts more imo.......

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

It should not hurt at all, it should just be frustrating. But you had better know those things happen, it is part of betting, I call them swing games, where one bucket makes the difference between winning and losing. You hope to split those over time, and the games you are right on you cover by 10 or more. Losing by 30 should and does shake your confidence. There is no such thing as a game capped right losing like that, you lost before it started. It's either a fluke, or it could be a harbinger of a very bad run. I just hope to win the next won by a hook, the swing game.

buztah

EOG Senior Member

30. Easy to shrug off a loss like that but a hook makes you start wondering if the fix was in or "if that then this" or "if only this then that".......

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I believe this is a no brainer but I thought I'd throw it out there...

I personally would rather lose by 30 rather than the hook because it hurts a whole lot less imho.....

What about YOU?

Thanks.,

THE SHRINK

agree - make the death as fast and painless as possible. anyone who had Ga Tech +11.5 saturday knows what i am talking about. how many people were dying - either way - at the end of the last few UNC games. how about friday vs FSU - UNC laying about 13 - hits a trey with just over 10 sec to make it 15 and the cover - then FSU hits a trey with 10 sec left to make it 12 again - and a cover. and that trey was also imporant for the total. imagine having UNC and UNDER and winning until that last trey made it FSU and OVER. gimme the 30+ point loss anytime - as long as there aren't many of them

Journeyman

EOG Master

Would also depend if one 'watched' the game, if you're not watching you might take some solace in knowing you were close!

munson15

I want winners...

If I could mantain a decent W/L record, and every loss I ever had in baskets was by 30 points, I'd probably add about 5 years and 117 days to my life expectancy.

munson15

I want winners...

Just lost another by 1/2 point, and that will ruin my entire night's sleep. Fucking guy misses a FT for Sac, they get the rebound and the layup with 12 seconds left and blow up my +5-1/2.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Just lost another by 1/2 point, and that will ruin my entire night's sleep. Fucking guy misses a FT for Sac, they get the rebound and the layup with 12 seconds left and blow up my +5-1/2.

Yup kissed my sis on that with Raptors +2 2H. Should have won that one.

Best Wishes...OF :doh1

munson15

I want winners...

Had Denver too, so a push on Toronto would have been fine on this end. Thanks for the encouragement.

I'd rather be blown out early so I could chalk it up as a loss, and move onto the next play.

BigBollocks

EOG Member

I'd rather lose by the hook, and have it be to some fluke plays. In football, if my team outgains the other team by 300 yards, but has six uncharacteristic turnovers, I'm OK in knowing I capped it right. As long as there's an advantage to your play, you'll always be OK in the marathon that is sports capping :cheers

CHARLIEPEETE

EOG Dedicated

this one was easy ........lose by 30 ........ouch...........get over with it on onward to the next play

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

HOW MANY LICKS DOES IT TAKE TO GET TO THE CENTER OF A TOOTSIE-POP? :+clueless

HOW MANY KICKS IN NADS DOES IT TAKE BEFORE IT STARTS HURTING? :+clueless

HOW MANY LOSERS DOES IT TAKE BEFORE ONE "WISES-UP" AND QUITS PUTTING THEMSELVES IN POSITIONS TO LOSE? :+clueless

GRANDPA ALWAYS SAID, ?THERE?S MORE THAN ONE WAY TO SKIN A CAT?AND IF YOU?RE LOSING, YOU?RE THE CAT BEING SKINNED.? :+eyes-13+

?WOULD YOU RATHER LOSE??? :+textinb3

SOUNDS LIKE A PROPOSITION OFFERED UP BY A CARNIVAL-PIMP FROM THE GHETTO SHADOWS OF GREED.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Simple answer

How many 30 point losses do you still think about? ;)