WHAT KIND OF WEAPONS HOME/PERSONAL PROTECTION DO YOU OWN?

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I HAVE THE FOLLOWING CURRENTLY...

12 GA SHOTGUN 28 INCH MOD CHOKE REVELATION MADE IN USA

P22 CAL SMITH & WESSON WALTHER MADE IN GERMANY

9MM GLOCK MADE IN AUSTRIA

9MM BRYCO 58 JENNINGS MADE IN USA

Re: WHAT KIND OF WEAPONS HOME/PERSONAL PROTECTION DO YOU OWN?

Harrington and Richardson 12 Gauge single shot.

Glock 23 .40 cal that I have a CCW permit to carry at all times.

12 gauge Mossberg riot gun.

.45 caliber Colt 1911 model in satin nickel.

.38 caliber Smith & Wesson snub-nose in blue.

34 oz. Louisville Slugger

The General

Thanks guys

Thanks guys

Why is it that you cannot conceal the weapon under a coat/shirt? Why does the weapon have to be out in the open? Seems people may think you are asking for trouble by having it out in the open? This is Indiana law anyhow.

The General

Yep, looks like I just have to file the appropriate paperwork. My permit is the right to carry on person or in vehicle, unless that is it all in a nutshell.

:smokesmalGENERAL-BACK IN 70--WE QUALIFIED WITH THE 45 PISTOL--USMC-THAT IS AND WERE AWARDED A EXPERT--SHARPSHOOTER, OR MARKSMAN,OR WENT NON-QUAL--IS THAT THE WAY IT IS NOW?

I got a shotgun, a rifle, and a 4 wheel drive, this country boy can survive.

The General

:smokesmalGENERAL-BACK IN 70--WE QUALIFIED WITH THE 45 PISTOL--USMC-THAT IS AND WERE AWARDED A EXPERT--SHARPSHOOTER, OR MARKSMAN,OR WENT NON-QUAL--IS THAT THE WAY IT IS NOW?

As far as I know, yes. I can find out and confirm.

LOL diggin'

The General

Jennings Bryco 58 9mm Hi-Cap Semi-Auto

The General

P22 CAL SMITH & WESSON WALTHER MADE IN GERMANY

The General

12 GA SHOTGUN 28 INCH MOD CHOKE REVELATION MADE IN USA

My idea of social security.......

Browning 12 ga. semi-auto (for up close security)
Winchester 308 Extreme Weather SS rifle (for everything the Browning can't reach)
1998 Ford Ranger 4x4 (Eddie Bauer edition)

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

2 12 gauges

2 20 gauges

1 16 guage

and my baby ---- AR-15

All the services went to the Beretta 92 9MM pistol. As far as I know, and I qualified last year, every branch uses the Beretta.

Rxx

EOG Veteran

none. i find no need to have one.

texansfan

EOG Master

The medals are still the same but when I was serving in the 80's they switched from the Colt .45 to a Beretta .9 mm

Superpickle

EOG Member

One Russian made AK 47. I sent back from Viet Nam in 1968..
Its Fully Auto and I have collected 5000+ rounds of ammo over the years..
Being a Paranoid old combat vet, Im probably rather dangerous. :cocktail

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

When traveling across this great land. I always try to have a Smith & Wesson Model 1917 with a Tyler t-grip as close at hand as I can. You never know when you may need it now a days.

A fine tool.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I own a full blown poster of Mr Devil naked ... that picture alone is like looking into the eyes of Satan

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

That is a weapon of mass destruction , not a personal protection self defence weapon !!!!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

The poster was autographed to add value .... amazing that Mr Devil was able to sign his entire name in such a "short signing area"

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

When traveling across this great land. I always try to have a Smith & Wesson Model 1917 with a Tyler t-grip as close at hand as I can. You never know when you may need it now a days.

A fine tool.

Be careful travelin with a firearm. There are some states that are still liberal/communist and your license to carry may not transfer from state to state.

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

Thank You for the information.

You are right.

Better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6. Besides I believe the the nine know it alls of Supreme Court may reaffirm the God given right as stated in the , Constitution's 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights , to an individual's right Keep & bear arms shall not be infringed . To have access to a tool for personal protection is a choice. Cubsfan is entirely correct everyone be very careful every state is different on firearm carry laws. My friends tell me in New York State you need a permit just to purchase a pistol to keep in your home .

Besides I also have a little trump card that covers those situations .

none. i find no need to have one.

I used to be like Rx until that idiot Clinton started hacking away at our 2nd Amendment rights in the 90's. He was more consumed with this than he was with Monica at the time. A true nut case Clinton was.

Since then I have been buying them up on the secondary market where I don't have to register anything.

My favorites. The simple ones.

12 gauge shotgun
38 S&W
.30-06 classic

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

Are you stocking up this arsenal of arms to combat Iran hit squads , Al Quaida bogeymen or outraged liberal democrats Pelosi, Reid, Clinton, Osama, Kennedy, Murta ???

I keep a stealth bomber, a couple of F-some numbers fighters, and an
aircraft carrier in the garage. (Try getting those across state lines.)

The yard is encircled with Claymore antipersonnel mines, just in case the evildoers get passed the moat.

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

[FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]It's A People Problem[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]There seems to be more talk every day about gun violence. That is just a prelude to a push for more gun control.

Guns, being inanimate objects, do not cause crime. They are used to facilitate crime. If we are going to prevent crime, we have to deal with causes, not with tools. Cars don't cause bank robberies. We would think somebody a fool who said he was going to cut down on bank robberies by regulating cars.

Once you attach the crime to the criminal, a whole lot of useful information becomes obvious. Gun violence is not uniformly present in this country. It is concentrated in certain areas and among certain people. A lot of it is related to drug gangs fighting over territory. Why should anyone be surprised by this? What happened during Prohibition? Gangs of bootleggers fought bloody battles for territory and customers.

Another human factor is that gun violence seems to be more prevalent among blacks and Hispanics than among whites. I know that is not a welcomed thing to say, but it happens to be a fact. I don't know why. Dick Gregory, many years ago, had a line in his comedy routine. "People are always asking me," Gregory said, "why you black folks are always cutting each other with razors and knives. It's simple. We can't afford guns."
Apparently they can now.

I'm not about to get into any discussion of genetics or eugenics. I don't know why some groups are more violent than others. All I'm saying is that if you want to solve the gun crime problem, that's where you have to go. It won't do a darn bit of good to prevent some Lutheran kid in Minnesota from buying a gun when the gun violence is concentrated in other areas and among other groups of people.

One problem I have with the gun-control people is that I believe most of them know these facts about who's committed a majority of the gun crimes. But they don't want to deal with it. It's too hot a potato, too politically incorrect. So, as a smoke screen, they rant and rail about guns as if all these tools are possessed by demons that cause the guns to hop off the shelves and force people to use them. That's nonsense. Gun violence is a social problem, not a hardware problem.

As for psychos, who really are a rarity, the only hope for them is for the mental-health professionals to get better and braver at spotting troubled people and isolating them. There's no way for an average person to tell when somebody is going to pop his cork. The only thing to do is to maintain a state of alertness and, if necessary, react in time to save yourself. But do remember that such people are extremely rare.

Finally, we have to always remember that guns save lives. I don't know how many people fend off criminals with a firearm. I don't trust the statistics, which claim there are 700,000 to more than a million instances each year. But I do know it happens because I can see anecdotal evidence in newspaper stories, and because common sense tells you that if you are attacked, you are better off being armed than disarmed.

Don't forget, too, that police, the FBI, the Secret Service, the Capitol Police, U.S. Marshals and sheriffs deputies are all armed with handguns. The next time some anti-gun fanatic tells you that handguns are no good for self-defense, ask the person why so many law-enforcement officers rely on them for self-defense. Unfortunately, we are confronted at times with stupidity, craziness and evil. I don't know of a better antidote than a .45-caliber bullet. None of us wishes to kill, but if we are forced to choose, most of us would prefer to be sorry rather than dead.

Charley Reese Online - It's A People Problem
[/FONT]

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

Welcome to the Appleseed Project

The Appleseed Project

PAYING TRIBUTE TO APRIL 19, 1775

THROUGH AWARENESS, LEARNING & MARKSMANSHIP

What the RWVA (Revolutionary War Veterans Association) is all about:

The Appleseed Program is designed to take you from being a simple rifle owner to being a true rifleman. All throughout American history, the rifleman has been defined as a marksman capable of hitting a man-sized target from 500 yards away — no ifs, ands or buts about it. This 500-yard range is traditionally known as "the rifleman's quarter-mile;" a rifleman can hit just about any target he can see. This skill was particulary evident in the birth of our country, and was the difference in winning the Revolutionary War.

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0','width','300','height','200','align','left','class','clearBottomRight','title','Appleseed participants','src','flash/appleseed_index','loop','false','quality','high','pluginspage','http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer','movie','flash/appleseed_index' ); //end AC code</SCRIPT><OBJECT class=clearBottomRight title="Appleseed participants" codeBase=http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0 height=200 width=300 align=left classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000>

<embed width="300" height="200" align="left" class="clearBottomRight" title="Appleseed participants" src="flash/appleseed_index.swf" loop="false" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" ></embed></OBJECT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>So why me?</P>This country was founded and won by riflemen who fought and beat British forces. We invite all interested marksmen to learn the skills and techniques necessary to shoot proficiently; and then hope you'll participate in teaching and practicing with others so that together we can save this great land.

Why you?

Well, that's simple: if you're on this page we're betting you're a patriot, and we hope you answer the call.

What's a rifleman?

In short, a rifleman is an armed American, trained in the tradition of American Liberty. It's a man who has learned to shoot a rifle accurately — accurate enough to score "expert" on the Army Qualification Course. Until you can do that, you're considered a "Cook," unprepared and unqualified to carry a rifle on the firing line of freedom. But after attending an Appleseed AQT shoot, you'll have the credentials necessary to be a true rifleman, and will understand the critical need for defending freedom in this country.

The RWVA is dedicated to the Appleseed Program and encourages every American to learn to shoot.

Fred's Plan to Save America

Yessir, after years in the gestation, thousands of words flowing under the bridge, Fred has a plan to save America.“ A plan to save America?

Are you out of your mind, Fred?

How can you save America?”

Patience my friends.

You’ll see.

But first, an IQ test, sorta like we do down at RWVA, using the AQT to sort out the cooks from the riflemen - only this time, to see if you are a Doofus Americanus, in which case there is no point in you wasting your time here — better turn to another page, and drool on it.

True or false:
  1. Hillary Clinton loves all the children and would make a great president in ‘08.
  2. I will be a great shot as soon as I find a good rifle and scope, and work up a good load.
  3. I will be a great shot as soon as I have time like Fred to get to the range every day and fire 5000 rounds, but right now I’m working like a dog to support my family, and my family comes first.
  4. I don’t have to worry about things, there are people working behind the scenes to get this country back on track.
  5. It will never happen here.
  6. Unless I live in New York, Chicago, or parts of California; I really don't have to worry about losing my 2nd Amendment rights.
  7. The Constitution will protect my gun rights.
  8. The Supreme Court, if it ever hears the ‘right’ case, will protect my gun rights.
  9. MY congressman understands my feelings about gun control, so there’s no reason for me to bother him.
  10. There’s no way they’ll ever get my gun, because I’ve got the perfect hiding spot for it.
<HR class=hrColor noShade SIZE=1>Ten points every time you said “False”.
100 points: Good man, add a little shooting skill, and you can be a rifleman.

90: You can be fooled, but not often. Get to the range, and learn to shoot.

80: Gettin’ near the edge. Time to wake up, get to the range, learn to shoot.

70 or below: Man, you are in need of a MAJOR wakeup. Keep reading. And get to the range, your only salvation is learning to shoot.

30 or under: Real 100% Doofus Americanus — bet it was the one on Hillary that tripped you up, right? That’s a hard one, sure — turn the page, move on.

<HR class=hrColor noShade SIZE=1>Now, the rest of you, ready to proceed? Let’s go!

A LITTLE SEED MAKES A BIG TREE

What’s exciting about a little seed making a big tree?

Simply this:

Plant enough apple seeds, and you soon have a land filled with apple trees.

Johnny Appleseed, an early American hero, knew this fact, and believed in it enough to devote his life to it.

So just call me Freddy Appleseed.

When those seeds are riflemen, and their efforts bear forth as fruit other riflemen, we soon have a Nation of Riflemen.

The logic of it is inescapable. All you gotta do is plant some seeds. So, why don’t we? Might be f-u-n.

“Fun?” You telling me, Fred, saving America, is fun?

Yes sir, and it doesn’t get better. Save America, and have fun doing it. Doesn’t seem fair, does it? That this world, with all its crazy rules, rules that usually leave you hanging high, can deal you such a sweet hand - but I believe, in this instance, it has. Save America, by learning to shoot, then getting others to shoot (you enthusiasts don’t have to wait, get your friends learning — as you learn!).

Project Appleseed, as we call it, is to help you out. To make it even easier. To provide a source of information, inspiration, motivation, and simple determination.

Check it out at www.rwva.org.

So let’s start planting seeds. And start with YOU, as the first one. The first step:

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Now everyone is gonna wanna be a Freddy Appleseed, and you can’t blame ‘em. Welcome aboard, I say. But an important task like saving America shouldn’t be expected to proceed without some formality. It is, after all, an important task: we need you to sign up for the duration, not for the moment. So here’s what you do. Pledge the following, to yourself (who better?):
Starting this minute, I pledge to reach down deep inside myself and wake up that sleeping American, the Rifleman.
  • I pledge to get my sleeping American to the range, so he can learn to shoot.
  • I pledge I will reach out to my friend, my coworker, my relative, to wake up their sleeping American.
  • I pledge I will do whatever it takes to help my friends, my coworkers, my relatives learn to shoot as Riflemen, to preserve our tradition of marksmanship for future generations.
  • I pledge to get active in the soft war, the struggle for freedom at the soap box and the ballot box, now.
  • I pledge to persist, to not give up, to be in this for the duration, to adopt as my motto “Never Give Up!”
  • I pledge to plant seeds of marksmanship and freedom whenever and wherever I can, understanding I may never know the
    results.
  • I pledge to form a rifleman club and to build a range, if necessary.
  • I pledge that I understand I cannot do it all myself, nice as that would be, but that I will need help, and I will get that help by enlisting others in the fight.
  • I pledge to recruit whenever and wherever I can, understanding some will be better as shooters, some better as recruiters, some as teachers, some as fund-raisers.
  • I pledge I will PERSIST. [So important, you need to pledge it twice.]
This pledge given voluntarily on this ___________ day of _____________________, 2008 and if I fail to live up to it, I understand I can lose my firearms, my freedom, and my country. So help me God.
/s/________________________________________ (American Patriot)
OK, so you pledge to go to the range and have fun shooting, get your friends into shooting with you, which is even more fun, vote, ‘one minute letter’ your reps, take advantage of the talents of others to help win the goal, help form a club if needed, and maybe a range. Believe me, offer this deal to the boys back in 1775 and there’d be no hesitation. Hm-m-m-m-h, let’s see, an 8-yr bloody war, home burned, sleep out in the rain and mud, lose 50-60 pounds on bad rations (OK, this one is good, right?), watch your friends die of “fever” and British ball and bayonet - or go to the range, and shoot with some friends?

Tough one, Fred! Let me think it over. Tick...Tock...Tick...Tock...Tick... Just don’t think too long, friend. Tempus is fugiting.

Now, let’s look at this project from a different point of view
We’re not asking you for any money. Keep that thirty-five bucks a year that might be dues, and put it into shooting. We are not asking for your name, or you to go on a list - anxious as most freedom-loving Americans are to be defiantly on that list.

All we want is your commitment.

Your resolve, the resolve to carry out your part of the program. To learn to shoot, to shoot with friends, to make more friends — all of them awakened Americans — can you get better friends? Vote and write a few ‘one-minute’ letters to reps (this prob the only ‘onerous’ part), maybe form a club and get a range going. And to persist. To persist until the end of your life. So you can look back, on your lonely deathbed, and take as one bright ray in your life your faithfulness. To the cause of Liberty. So your last breath can whisper “Semper fidelis...” But you are right: Fred cannot save America.
But this plan can.

But only if you ‘take the pledge’. It costs nothing, unless you chip in for a range. Most of it is fun. Can you do it? If you do it, we will save America. If you don’t do it, we won’t.

Hillary for president, anyone?

I don't own anything that can be called a weapon for self defense.

I support everyone's right to own guns, but I don't understand why you have to have a small arsenal. What kind of an attack are you fearing when you have 2 shotguns, a pistol, and some other type of firearm?

I think people own gun collections for the same reason they buy Corvettes....it has zero to do with self defense, zero.