Western Kentucky

Re: Western Kentucky

Hilltoppers are a damn good team, not surprised at all that they're putting it on Drake

VERY CAPABLE of taking down UCONN as well

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

one of the main reasons i hate to see midmajors pitted against each other in the 1st round...both teams playing lights out, shooting lights out, giving it their all, yet 1 will go home......if they were both playing a mid of the pack big east, big 10, pac 10 team, they would both be moving on , based on their play

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

one of the main reasons i hate to see midmajors pitted against each other in the 1st round...both teams playing lights out, shooting lights out, giving it their all, yet 1 will go home......if they were both playing a mid of the pack big east, big 10, pac 10 team, they would both be moving on , based on their play

true, but that is only because Drake was ranked in the top 25 this year. So, now mid majors are supposed to complain about actually getting respect and be ranked too high so they get pitted against each other?

another case of two real good mid-majors going at it, S Ala and Butler, just getting underway

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

true, but that is only because Drake was ranked in the top 25 this year. So, now mid majors are supposed to complain about actually getting respect and be ranked too high so they get pitted against each other?

no, i didnt say they were complaining, i just hate to see it as a fan....

Like Butler and S. Alabama today as well......just would have been nice if the #7 mid major matched up with a #10 like Arizona, or the #5 drake could have matched up with a #12 villanova or Temple, rather than another small school is all i meant......

I counted on an Iowa team not showing up and played W Kent money line, so good jinx. Frankly I was wrong though. Drake showed up in the 2nd half and battled.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

there was only a few seconds left...they just had to run it up the court, one pass and a shot...

guy nailed it from about 24 feet, nothing but net

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Holy crap.. Thanks for the update. Figured Drake had it won when they hit the free throws.... I can't believe I'm at work. hate my life!

Love this region in my bracket for EOG. I have #13 San Diego playing #12 W. Kentucky next round.

SD advances to the Sweet 16 baby.