FOR INDIANA UNIV, THEIR FORMER COACH AND THEIR FUTURE NBA STARS HERE YA GO !

Re: FOR INDIANA UNIV, THEIR FORMER COACH AND THEIR FUTURE NBA STARS HERE YA GO !

I take it that General WILL NOT be inviting anyone currently associated with IU Hoops to his and the Cook's wedding :+textinb3

tc1134

EOG Veteran
Re: FOR INDIANA UNIV, THEIR FORMER COACH AND THEIR FUTURE NBA STARS HERE YA GO !

That Indiana coach had this team clicking on all cylinders. This guy was massacred in the media like he committed some major crime; as if he were a NY Senator.

Everyone knows the NCAA and most of their rules are a joke. Ok, he made illegal cell phone calls. Throw the book at him right? Ooh, what a scandal. :+clueless Now where are they?

Again, they were one of the best teams in the Country 3 weeks ago and would've made a run for the whole thing. Their season ended when he left and now that whole program is in disarray. The Arkansas game last night was over before it started.

It's too bad the University succumbed to the media hype- actually believing he's some sort of criminal. I'm one of the few who feels bad for this guy. The kids love him and that's enough for me. This is Indiana's loss.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Sampson is not a criminal in my mind either, but he has the obligation of leading his young athletes in a direction of ethics and 'following the rules'. I do think that is VERY important. Teaching kids about life is as necessary as teaching them how to play basketball, IMO.

Dialer

EOG Member

Sampson cheated and deserved to be fired after repeatedly ignoring IU and NCAA officials. His cheating gives him an unfair advantage in recruiting.
I'm sure Sampson would come down hard on a player if he repeatedly ignored team policy.
A few years in a lower mid-major will shape him up.

tc1134

EOG Veteran

Sampson cheated and deserved to be fired after repeatedly ignoring IU and NCAA officials. His cheating gives him an unfair advantage in recruiting.
I'm sure Sampson would come down hard on a player if he repeatedly ignored team policy.
A few years in a lower mid-major will shape him up.

Completely blown out of porportion. For weeks you heard talk of "Big Scandal", "Coaching Career Over", "Disgrace & Embarrassment", ooohhhh... let's get em!
Was he involved in a prostitution ring too?

Please, let's not act like he committed felony. Talk like the above mentioned is outrageous. Let the punishment fit the crime. A slap in the wrist infraction should warrant a slap in the wrist punishment.

This was media hype. It went on for weeks. Indiana didn't seem to know what to do. I think they were wondering themselves what the big deal was.
Do these Universities' really know how to handle the NCAA's absurd policies?
Now there's a question I'd like an answer to. :+clueless

The General

Think of KIDS. They need HONEST leadership irregardless the infractions. Each team has to follow the SAME rules. It boils down to morals and ethics. That is the essence of what may save our world as we see it today.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

Listen if those kids stopped playing because of who was on the bench they they are going to hate the nba. They are going to be drafted by poor teams and how many times do poor teams fire their coaches before the end of the season? A few times a season. There current head coach was an assistant and if I remember correctly he didn't change the rotation or the starters so it was the same team. They were just being crying bitches about Sampson being let go. As soon as Sampson left and they didn't show up for that first practice you could see a different team. DJ is going pro.....Gordan is going pro and all they wanted was their numbers. Bad shots, not sharing the ball, poor on ball defense....all tied together brought down this program. The sick thing is that the current coach isn't going to be retained because of these pre-madonna bitch ass cry babies.

I hope that both these guys get drafted by teams that lose 50 games their first 3 years.

Well The General and Hoosier know more about that then I do but Sampson was told when they hired him what the deal was and Unless something isnt coming out then he got excatly what he deserved ,,,, No matter what me or anybody else would like to think we believe the Kids go to the big time programs for the Coaches and Improving for the NBA ... Thats the world we live in but they are crying for leadership too and In that regard he let them down .... I root for Tennessee and some of the stuff they Pull drive me up the wall but they believe in Coach Pearl and vice Versa JMO PS Great Video i loved that song when I was a kid

The General

PS Great Video i loved that song when I was a kid

Ray is kewl<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

tc1134

EOG Veteran

If you ask the kids, their coach didn't let them down. No one is denying that an infraction was committed. But was crucifying this guy warranted? That's the point here.

Sanction the program i.e. subtract a scholarship next year, suspend the coach for x amount of games, maybe forfeit a couple of their wins.-punshment fit the crime

And to emphasize, It seemed Indiana was looking very confused. My guess is that they wanted to inflict their own punishment but succumbed to the media onslaught. They(media,espn) got their big story alright.