C'Mon - do the right thing here!!!!!!!!!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Yahoo!

let the guy have a FULL DAY w/his daughter before she dies - and that might happen soon. what he did was wrong but it's his daughter for heaven's sakes and the warden's gotta do the right thing here

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: C'Mon - do the right thing here!!!!!!!!!

might be the 1st time and last time i have ever agree'd with you, poor kid :(

WVU

EOG Master

not the right thing. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Blondie

EOG Master

not the right thing. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Yes, but why should the little girl be punished for what he did. In reality is this about him seeing his daughter, or is this about HER getting to say goodbye to him?

It is heartbreaking, and I have seen many times people that are dying hang on just to see one person. Why make the girl suffer more. If she is hanging on to see him, then for the love of God let her have her wish..

WVU

EOG Master

Yes, but why should the little girl be punished for what he did. In reality is this about him seeing his daughter, or is this about HER getting to say goodbye to him?

It is heartbreaking, and I have seen many times people that are dying hang on just to see one person. Why make the girl suffer more. If she is hanging on to see him, then for the love of God let her have her wish..

So should we start letting everyone out of prison for family emergencies? I don't like to see her suffer, but how does seeing her convict of a Dad help? Letting her dad out to see her would open up a can of worms.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

All this is true and I surely feel for the little girl but if one exception is made then Billy, Bob, and Bart are going to want exceptions made on their behalf as well.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

All this is true and I surely feel for the little girl but if one exception is made then Billy, Bob, and Bart are going to want exceptions made on their behalf as well.

if their daughter is on her deathbed i have no problem with doing it. the guy got what he dserved as far as his sentence for his crime but extraordinary situations call for extraordinary exceptions. let the guy see his baby girl one last time and as Blondie pointed out - not so much for HIM but HER

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

It is a situation like so many others where the good suffer for the bad.

Blondie

EOG Master

Very true, and while I understand that. What is more important dealing with Billy, Bob, and Bart afterwards or letting this little girl die in peace. It should be on a situational basis. As I said I have seen too many people lay in agony waiting on one person to show up before they would go...

When you watch someone lay in a hospital bed in pain for days on end and just linger waiting on one person so they can say goodbye it changes your perspective.

The clip stated the family pays for the times he is allowed to see her. If the family is willing to pay the expenses for her to be able to see him, then to me she should get this wish.

Not to mention, while he will have one day with her. He will have to go back to prison after that day. HE will spend his time in prison seeing that image of her and most people would suffer more with a vision like that engraved in their head. He will know that she is there and he is not with her.

WVU

EOG Master

so should we set asside 100 million so that we can have a committee review and accept or reject those applying for hardship release? We would need lawyers, judges, psychologists, courtrooms, etc. Don't forget about an appeals process for those who get rejected.

the glue

EOG Veteran

Why do we have so many nonviolent criminal in jail anyway....VA. built a lot of prisons a few years back,and right after that the Governer came out with the 3 strike rule,kind of funny....Can you say big business....

The Devil

EOG Master

The guy is getting out in another year, sure the guy is a prisoner, but if the guy is not considered dangerous why not allow him to say goodbye.......the kid is only 10..................

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I'm sorry, lock those nonviolent offenders up, three strike them. Fill the prisons because it is actually big business and a revenue generator for the gubment. What else is a police state supposed to do? Besides, we taxpayers subsidize this fiasco.

Best Wishes...OF :+cops-2+

Blondie

EOG Master

so should we set asside 100 million so that we can have a committee review and accept or reject those applying for hardship release? We would need lawyers, judges, psychologists, courtrooms, etc. Don't forget about an appeals process for those who get rejected.

Now wait, they do not want him released. They want him to have a VISIT. VERY different.

He is in for meth. From what we know no violent crimes were committed. We are talking about two guards (maybe three but normally two), a van for transport and gas money.
I am simply stating that IMO this little girl should be allowed to have her dying wish, each case is different, and I do not agree with the decision on this one.

Besides the majority of the time by the time the person completed all the hoops you suggested above the situation would be over and it would be too late anyhow. :doh1

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I am glad that I am not the one to have to tell the girl that her request has been denied. It really is a sad situation but like it was stated earlier, it opens up a whole new can of worms.

Blondie

EOG Master

I am glad that I am not the one to have to tell the girl that her request has been denied. It really is a sad situation but like it was stated earlier, it opens up a whole new can of worms.

You make a good point. Why not have the warden himself tell her. He made the decision he should be willing to stand behind it right? Let him look at this little girl and explain to her that she will not get to say goodbye to her daddy because he (the warden) does not want to deal with the others that will come along saying they have a similar circumstance.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

You make a good point. Why not have the warden himself tell her. He made the decision he should be willing to stand behind it right? Let him look at this little girl and explain to her that she will not get to say goodbye to her daddy because he (the warden) does not want to deal with the others that will come along saying they have a similar circumstance.

its not the wardens fault her father lived a crime filled life now is it? why should it be his/ hers responsibilty to break the bad news to this poor lil girl...I'm sure the father can tell his daughter over the phone how he fucked up and they wont bend the laws/ rules for him to see her in person before she passes...

Blondie

EOG Master

its not the wardens fault her father lived a crime filled life now is it? why should it be his/ hers responsibilty to break the bad news to this poor lil girl...I'm sure the father can tell his daughter over the phone how he fucked up and they wont bend the laws/ rules for him to see her in person before she passes...

Oh but see this decision was made at the warden's discretion. It was his choice as to whether or not the father got to see his daughter. So in an essence, if he firmly believes he made the "right" decision then he should have no problem telling her. right?

and I never said it was his/her RESPONSIBILITY I am saying that they should have no problem doing so, since they made the "right" decision.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Oh but see this decision was made at the warden's discretion. It was his choice as to whether or not the father got to see his daughter. So in an essence, if he firmly believes he made the "right" decision then he should have no problem telling her. right?

there are lotsa decisions made by people who dont owe an explination for it, and this falls in the same scenerio...If the father was really a "family" man, he woulda did what was right from the start and not have put himself into this situation...Do i feel it would be nice for him to get out to see his daughter sure, but its not the wardens responsibilty to explain why he made the ultimate choice to decline the request

The Devil

EOG Master

DID ANYONE MENTION THE DISTANCE???

I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE THAT AT LEAST TWO GUARDS WOULD HAVE TO BE WITH HIM AT ALL TIMES.......IF IT IS SAY A 6 HOUR RIDE TO SEE HIS DAUGHTER, PROBABLY MORE GUARDS WOULD BE NEEDED........LOTS OF OVERTIME ETC.......

roscoe

EOG Veteran

it was my expierence with the federal prison system that if they know that the inmate really wants something they will do the opposite.

WVU

EOG Master

In a perfect society then this wish could be granted. In a perfect society her deadbeat father would not be in jail for drug offenses. The father gets all the blame here, not the system nor the warden

Blondie

EOG Master

there are lotsa decisions made by people who dont owe an explination for it, and this falls in the same scenerio...If the father was really a "family" man, he woulda did what was right from the start and not have put himself into this situation...Do i feel it would be nice for him to get out to see his daughter sure, but its not the wardens responsibilty to explain why he made the ultimate choice to decline the request

Once again, never said it was the warden's responsibility.

As for him being allowed to see her, I could care less about what would be best for him. What bothers me is that this dying little girl will not get to say goodbye to him, because of one person's decision. It was stated that he had been there to see her before but only for a couple of hours. So they have let this happen before, just for a shorter time span. If the family would be willing to pay the expenses, what would be the problem of extending the time.

WVU

EOG Master

I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE THAT AT LEAST TWO GUARDS WOULD HAVE TO BE WITH HIM AT ALL TIMES.......IF IT IS SAY A 6 HOUR RIDE TO SEE HIS DAUGHTER, PROBABLY MORE GUARDS WOULD BE NEEDED........LOTS OF OVERTIME ETC.......

A prisoner here was being transported a couple months ago and overpowered the police driver and shot him in the head and pushed him out of the van.

roscoe

EOG Veteran

there are furloughs in the federal system where no guards are involved. whether he would qualify is unknown.

Blondie

EOG Master

After doing a little research and a mapquest it is approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes from the prison camp he is in and the town where they live.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Root cause, our failed war on drugs. This low level offender would be better served in rehab. Supressing the source and incarcarating the addicts is a colossal failure of epic proportions. There was a warden in the midwest, OKlahoma I think. He said the same thing. They fired him. They have had judges step down and resign, unhappy being stuck with no leniency mandatory sentencing guidelines. This is a total cluster fuck with no end. They even incarcarate old grandmas who smoke weed for pain relief or cancer after chemo. This is just not working and getting worse.

Best wishes...OF :smokesmal

Rest in peace Jayci :(

Jayci Yaeger loses cancer battle Friday morning

By the Lincoln Journal Star

Friday, Mar 28, 2008 - 09:45:33 am CDT
The 10-year-old daughter of an inmate who fought the system to see her has died of brain cancer.

Jayci Yaeger?s uncle, Ed Yaeger, said his niece passed away at 1:47 a.m. Friday at The Monarch, a Lincoln hospice.

Jayci Yaeger lived long enough to see her father, Jason Yaeger, for about 45 minutes on Wednesday.

rest of story at link below:

JournalStar.com - Lincoln, Nebraska - News - Local

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

It hurts me thinking about this little girl passing of cancer so young and all the other children I have seen when taking my own child for care at Riley's in INDY. That place will wake up anyone with an ounce of care in their body.

RIP, Jayci :(

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

my nephew was diagnosed with diabetes around 18 months old. here it is some 9 years later and while he is learning to live with it - and thanks to "the pump" is oing so - it kills me to see him like this and know he will all his life unless some cure is found

i told my sis and bro-in-law that while it sucks he has this of all the bad things he could have gotten this is one of the better ones. he can still lead a long productive life and compared to cancer or similar he got off relatively easy

10 year old kids aren't supposed to die or cancer let alone die yet stuff like this happens all the time and then the biggest MoFo assholes live to be 4,000 years old

somerimes things just ain't kosher

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Sorry about your nephew Winky. I have a female friend whose daughter is 5 yrs old and has to be tested many times a day. It is sad also for her to have and go thru it, esp when she doesn't want anything to eat but her mother has to try hard to get food in her. She HAS to. It is essential for the disease. 5 year olds don't quite understand the seriousness of the illness. Take care buddy.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Sorry about your nephew Winky. I have a female friend whose daughter is 5 yrs old and has to be tested many times a day. It is sad also for her to have and go thru it, esp when she doesn't want anything to eat but her mother has to try hard to get food in her. She HAS to. It is essential for the disease. 5 year olds don't quite understand the seriousness of the illness. Take care buddy.

he lives in Vegas but comes to visit every so often. i'll never forget when he was younger - say 5-ish and was ready for bed and my sister said he couldn't go to bed until he ate something and he protested how he wasn't hungry and didn't wanna eat. for "normal" kids this happens all the time and no biggie you just send them to bed - no problem. but for a diabetic - it is a huge problem

my cousin got married within the last 3-5 years. my nephew was in the wedding party. he crashed during the ceremony and had to miss the reception because he was too low. i am scared to death later in life he will lose a limb or eye or.........like many do because they stop taking care of themselves. his father is 5'8" and 250+ and while my sis is not fat my nephew is a big boy - not fat but a tad heavier than he should. he golfs but does very little else and i am scared that when he gets older he will stop taking care of himself. i am 33 years old so i might not be around when he is in his 60s - and maybe that will be a good thing