CBI: GAME OF THE NIGHT- ODU @ UVA....

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
Re: CBI: GAME OF THE NIGHT- ODU @ UVA....

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Fact #1- It's kind of like the SUPERBOWL of sorts for one of these teams...:dancefool

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Fact #1- It's kind of like the SUPERBOWL of sorts for one of these teams...:dancefool
has to be ODU. UVA doesn't care that much about this one - this is the chance for the ignored team in VA to beat the "big bullies"

has to be ODU. UVA doesn't care that much about this one - this is the chance for the ignored team in VA to beat the "big bullies"

We haven't gotten to anything past Fact #1 yet though. Fact #2 might be "One team has a chip on their shoulder from not even being invited to the NIT and wants to run up the score on an inferior opponent".

tool21

EOG Dedicated

ODU is the play. That +9 is ridiculous that line should be around +2ish. Just wayyyy to many. I don't like ODU's road record though.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

We haven't gotten to anything past Fact #1 yet though. Fact #2 might be "One team has a chip on their shoulder from not even being invited to the NIT and wants to run up the score on an inferior opponent".

you mean like they did to richmond last game? i had Richmond +11 in a game that was never in doubt. IF UVA had a chip on their shoulder they woulda run Richmond out of the building but never did because UVA doesn't care about the CBI

Fact #2- THESE 2 TEAMS HAVEN'T PLAYED AGAINST EACH OTHER SINCE THE 1995-1996 SEASON AND ONE TEAM KEEPS SAYING "NO THANK YOU" WHEN ASKED TO PLAY...

Fact #2- THESE 2 TEAMS HAVEN'T PLAYED AGAINST EACH OTHER SINCE THE 1995-1996 SEASON AND ONE TEAM KEEPS SAYING "NO THANK YOU" WHEN ASKED TO PLAY...

OK, another fact in favor of ODU. But why do it this slowly if it was not a swerve at the end?

:+clueless

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

right - as i said - this game means A LOT more to ODU. this is the game they want to win to "send a message" to UVA. the Cavs keep saying NO for a reason - in their mind it is a NO WIN situation

Fact #3: One team has a KEY INJURY not being mentioned or noted on any line feed...

Finance

EOG Veteran

Traffic on the site must be down to warrant this big of a tease....

right - as i said - this game means A LOT more to ODU. this is the game they want to win to "send a message" to UVA. the Cavs keep saying NO for a reason - in their mind it is a NO WIN situation

You are right according to Virginia Pilot today....

"During his seven-year tenure at Old Dominion, men's basketball coach Blaine Taylor has inquired repeatedly about the prospects of having his Monarchs play the University of Virginia.

The answer was the same every time: Thanks, but no thanks."

About the Monarchs: Sophomore Gerald Lee leads ODU in scoring and rebounds (12.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg) but hyperextended his left knee in practice 10 days ago. Although he played against Rider last Tuesday, his availability is in doubt.

About the Monarchs: Sophomore Gerald Lee leads ODU in scoring and rebounds (12.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg) but hyperextended his left knee in practice 10 days ago. Although he played against Rider last Tuesday, his availability is in doubt.

OK, might be the start of the swerve here.

:LMAO

Props to Linetracker who put this information out to their subscribers shortly after I posted it here...:cheers

They know where to look for the big time info!

:houra

Yep...

They are doing their job!!!

They put the game in red and released this information at 3:43 PM EST (6 minutes after this post below)...

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>03-24-08 03:37 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1134325" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>THE SHRINK</TD><TD class=alt2>About the Monarchs: Sophomore Gerald Lee leads ODU in scoring and rebounds (12.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg) but hyperextended his left knee in practice 10 days ago. Although he played against Rider last Tuesday, his availability is in doubt. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

In comparison to your play of the millennium winner, where does this rank Ken?

Due to this KEY PLAYER being hurt, I'd recommend betting UVA as much as this hurts to say...

I saw him hobbling around during their last game against RIDER, and he only managed to score 4 points...

Without Gerald Lee at or close to 100% if indeed he does play, ODU loses too much, imho....

Also, ODU has no answer for Mike Singletary...

I bet UVA because last Tuesday, ODU didn't look very good playing with an injured Gerald Lee even though they won...

Best of Luck,

THE SHRINK

munson15

I want winners...

Well, I know your heart's not in it, which probably means it's a solid play.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

always hate to see a team in a big game for them, lose a key player.....just like Uconn last week, losing Price early in the game...

The Devil

EOG Master

THIS IS A BIG GAME FOR ODU.......MAYBE EVEN BIGGER FOR UVA........THEY ARE THE BETTER TEAM BY FAR, AND I DOUBT THEY WANT TO LOSE TO AN INSTATE RIVAL......

WITH KENS INJURY REPORT, I CAN SEE UVA BLOWING ODU OUT AND DOING IT VERY EARLY...............

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Injuries

<table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="4" class="datahead"> Old Dominion Monarchs | In-Depth </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2" width="17%">Player</td> <td class="datahl2b" width="3%"> </td> <td class="datahl2" width="75%">Status/Updated</td> <td class="datahl2" width="5%"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datacell" colspan="4">No injuries to report.</td></tr></tbody></table>

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Injuries

<table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="4" class="datahead"> Old Dominion Monarchs | In-Depth </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2" width="17%">Player</td> <td class="datahl2b" width="3%"> </td> <td class="datahl2" width="75%">Status/Updated</td> <td class="datahl2" width="5%"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datacell" colspan="4">No injuries to report.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Injuries

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahead colSpan=4>Old Dominion Monarchs | In-Depth </TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="17%">Player</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="3%"></TD><TD class=datahl2 width="75%">Status/Updated</TD><TD class=datahl2 width="5%"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell colSpan=4>No injuries to report.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Linetracker has Gerald Lee listed as Questionable and the Virginia Pilot had the following to say::rolleyes:

My hunch is that the Coach won't risk further injury to their star player in an exhibition game such as this...

ODU Men at U.Va.
When: 7 p.m. today
Where: John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville
Records: Old Dominion 18-15, Virginia 16-15
Radio: 94.1 FM, 850 AM
TV: Fox College Sports

About the Cavaliers: Virginia's leading man, Sean Singletary, averages 19.9 points and six assists and has scored more than 2,000 points in his career. Freshman forward Mike Scott, from Deep Creek High, has been starting for the Cavaliers much of the season and is averaging 5.9 points and 5.4 rebounds. The Cavaliers, like ODU, normally go deep into their bench in an effort to exhaust the other team's starters. One player ODU will recognize is guard Calvin Baker, who played a year at William and Mary in the Colonial Athletic Association. Virginia is 28-7 all-time at John Paul Jones Arena, which seats 14,593.

About the Monarchs: Sophomore Gerald Lee leads ODU in scoring and rebound (12.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg) but hyperextended his left knee in practice 10 days ago. Although he played against Rider last Tuesday, his availability is in doubt. Senior guard Brian Henderson is averaging nine points for the Monarchs; senior guard Brandon Johnson averages 7.5 points, 4.1 rebounds and 4.5 assists off the bench. The last time the Monarchs visited Charlottesville, they lost 87-49 during the 1995-96 season. One thing the teams have in common: They both went to the NIT in 2006, the NCAAs last season and the CBI this season. Old Dominion's all-time record against U.Va. heading into tonight's game.

Monarchs' wish to play U.Va. is finally granted | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

surprised to see them call it an "exhibition game"....

anytime you are in the post season i would think you would play to win.....even though its not even the nit, i still wouldnt think they would write it off as exhibition game....odd statement

rayray

EOG Dedicated

announcers basically said the same thing last week after the shitty performance he had against rider. i would imagine the injury was built into the opening line as the injury hasnt been a secret. sloppy slow ass work by the services imo.

all this time you goofs thought that ken made a big play on odu and that brought the # down??? cmon guys, one homers opinion on a forum isnt moving #s. the proof is in his play today....i respect kens ability to pick out some games that are way off, but you guys need to realize that the books dont care what he plays. he is another gambler just like the rest of us and you guys need to realize this.

surprised to see them call it an "exhibition game"....

anytime you are in the post season i would think you would play to win.....even though its not even the nit, i still wouldnt think they would write it off as exhibition game....odd statement

Bucsfan,

This isn't March Madness and it isn't even the NIT....

Gerald Lee is only a Sophomore and their is no way I risk further injury to him in a tournament that may not even be around as long as Gerald Lee attends ODU....

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Shrink, any definite decision made on Lee yet?

Edit: I didn't see your last post before asking.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

IMO the injury was allready reflected in the line.....

It wasn't even announced on any line feed until late today and he is clearly their best player...

I don't believe it had been reflected in the line...

And how many points is his questionable status worth in your opinion?

Also a interesting trend on ODU

Old Dominion is 1-9 ATS in all tournament games over the last 2 seasons