OSUCowpoke; T-BONE PIckens is...............

Hercules

EOG Addicted
very bad for college sports !!! No if, ands or buts about it !!!
NCAA has all these communistic rules about the players receiving money and screwing them out of benefits when they make so much f*cking money for the college itself !!! Why dont they have rules for the nike guy in Oregon and this jackoff T-BONE !!!
"I'm going to buy a national Champioship for OKLAHOMA STATE !!! "
stated the bone to the national audience when OSU was playing Kansas last fall in football !!! How low is college sports going to go, by letting people like T-BONE and Nike guy control college sports !!!
Isnt the BCS bad enough to stomach !!!
Bill Self, please stay at Kansas, for college basketball sake !!!

Re: OSUCowpoke; T-BONE PIckens is...............

He never said anything about BUYING a national championship for Oklahoma State.

And he's not doing anything for OSU that other programs aren't getting from multiple people. It just happens to be one donor, rather than say 10 at Texas.

And giving money to a university is never a bad thing.

College athletes getting screwed over by the ncaa who uses and abuses them is irrelevant and has no bearing on whether someone wants to give a gift to their university.

His gift is improving the quality of life of the college athletes.

Hercules

EOG Addicted

BULLSHIT !!!
I heard him say it and when he said it, Musberburger looked at him like he was out of his f*cking mind !!!
With all the problems the state of Oklahoma has with lack of education, obesity problems and crime all over the place, T-BONE could have done alot more good with the $160 million than wasting it away to Stillwater U. !!! I even heard Jim Traber say the same thing on the animal with Mike Steeleman agreeing !!!
If they are serious in Stillwater, get rid of Gumby and represent !!!

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Yeah he might consider spending some of the money on the academics to make the place a decent school and then maybe good athletes will want to go to that dump.

Hercules

EOG Addicted

All the cash is going for some idiotic sports facility !!!
What a joke !!! " BUY A CHAMPIONSHIP !!!" Pay the frinking players the money, they deserve it !!! Not the fat cat's that sit in the luxury boxes and think up more ways to F*CK UP college sports !!!

Yeah he might consider spending some of the money on the academics to make the place a decent school and then maybe good athletes will want to go to that dump.

Right. :rolleyes:

That is exactly what urban, afro-american kids want, an education.

Do you think before you post?

All the cash is going for some idiotic sports facility !!!
What a joke !!! " BUY A CHAMPIONSHIP !!!" Pay the frinking players the money, they deserve it !!! Not the fat cat's that sit in the luxury boxes and think up more ways to F*CK UP college sports !!!

He did not say he would "buy a championship". That is a fabrication and you are lying.

He DID say he would not settle for less than a championship program. Slight difference.

I can respect your stance on T.Boone and his donations but I do not respect the lies, mis-truths, and half-truths.

At least get it right if you are gonna bash.

Obviously, you IDIOTS only want to bash and have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

He's given plenty of money to education, hospitals, etc.

He was the largest donor to the Katrina fund. Did any of you know that?

You guys are fucking jokes. You're probably ou or texas fans, and you simply don't like osu.

Sad, pathetic lives you live.

Spend your money, if you have any, how you see fit, and let everyone else do the same with theirs.

I guess it's okay for other schools to get that much money, but not OSU because theirs came from one donor. :rolleyes:

Are you afraid the money will catch them up with the rest of the world so you don't want to see it happen?

Bunch of fucking hypocrites...

BTW,

Oklahoma State is a phenomenal school depending on what you want to major in. Fire Protection and Veterinary medicine come immediately to mind.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

So aggreeing with that jack off spending ridiculous amounts on athletics and none on academics. No need to discuss it further. I understand you well enough to know we will never see eye to eye. I would be embarrassed if I were you.

This is hardly news.

Private universities such as USC, Stanford and Brandeis receive MAMMOTH endowments that are undisclosed to the public.

Amounts that would make T-Boone's look frugal in comparison.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

BTW,

Oklahoma State is a phenomenal school depending on what you want to major in. Fire Protection and Veterinary medicine come immediately to mind.

Yeah just a phenominal academic school. LMAO.

royboy

EOG Dedicated

Obviously, you IDIOTS only want to bash and have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

He's given plenty of money to education, hospitals, etc.

He was the largest donor to the Katrina fund. Did any of you know that?

You guys are fucking jokes. You're probably ou or texas fans, and you simply don't like osu.

Sad, pathetic lives you live.

Spend your money, if you have any, how you see fit, and let everyone else do the same with theirs.

I guess it's okay for other schools to get that much money, but not OSU because theirs came from one donor. :rolleyes:

Are you afraid the money will catch them up with the rest of the world so you don't want to see it happen?

Bunch of fucking hypocrites...

you crack me up... you're such a fucking sensitive bitch when it comes to the pokes... KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT!!!!

you can call me a sensitive bitch if you'd like. I simply don't like people spewing bullshit.

Royal fan still saying he's giving all this money but none to academics for instance, simply isn't true. He's given millions of dollars to academics several times.

-----

Additionally:

In 2005 he gave the largest individual donation ever to the Red Cross of 7 million.

In 2006:
$6 million to The Wilmer Eye Research Institute at Johns Hopkins University. The gift will help construct a new research and eye care facility for the Institute, which is long-recognized as an international leader in ophthalmology.

$5 million to Texas Woman's University. This gift will help fund construction of TWU's new $32-million T. Boone Pickens Institute of Health Sciences-Dallas Center. The state-of-the-art facility will be built at the TWU Parkland location in the heart of Dallas' Southwestern Medical District, and will offer programs in nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, healthcare administration and library science. The TWU Stroke Center also will be housed in the facility. The donation is the largest single gift from an individual to TWU, the largest public university primarily for women in the United States.

$2 million to Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Texas. The local chapter of the oldest, largest youth-mentoring organizations in the United States is receiving a matching grant for its Campaign for Children in Crisis.

$1.25 million to The Senior Source, Senior Citizens of Greater Dallas, which is recognized throughout Texas and the Southwest for improving the quality of life and promoting the independence of older adults. The Senior Source is one of the few nonprofits addressing a full spectrum of needs of older adults, from the most active senior to the very frail, incapacitated elderly. Through nine distinct programs, the agency supports nursing home residents, provides eldercare counseling, coordinates money management, serves as legal guardian, provides in-home companions, and matches older adults with employment and volunteer opportunities.

$1 million to The Phoenix House, which has been providing substance abuse services in Texas for nearly ten years. The gift will fund the T. Boone Pickens Scholarship Endowment, income from which will pay for residential drug rehab treatment for from six to eight teenagers per year.

$1 million grant to the Admiral Roy F. Hoffmann Foundation. The Foundation helps U.S. veterans wounded in action. Most initial contact with recipients for these awards is by "word of mouth" in federal medical centers.

$1 million to M.D. Anderson to support their ongoing cancer research initiatives, with a particular focus on the early detection, treatment and prevention of cervical cancer. Funds are designated to support Dr. Michele Follen's research and education projects in the Center for Biomedical Engineering.

Also in 2005:

$50 Million Each to UT Southwestern Medical Center, UT M. D. Anderson Cancer Center

The guy paid 279 million dollars in taxes on 2005.

wish he would give a few million to The Chuck Luck Foundation:cocktail

Thirty-five years ago, in my first job out of school, I was teaching these kids first semester college freshman comp and rhetoric. They all thought they didn't need to study because they were all bound for the NBA.

By the second semester, they were enrolled in air conditioner repair.

Nothing has changed.

Thirty-five years ago, in my first job out of school, I was teaching these kids first semester college freshman comp and rhetoric. They all thought they didn't need to study because they were all bound for the NBA.

By the second semester, they were enrolled in air conditioner repair.

Nothing has changed.

and their tutors were surely carrying them through that class as well.

Do you know how hard it is to find a qualfied air conditioner repair tutor?

Well tell her Hi!.

Without her, I would never have discovered the joys of yoga or sweet potato casserole!

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

you can call me a sensitive bitch if you'd like. I simply don't like people spewing bullshit.

Royal fan still saying he's giving all this money but none to academics for instance, simply isn't true. He's given millions of dollars to academics several times.

-----

Additionally:

In 2005 he gave the largest individual donation ever to the Red Cross of 7 million.

In 2006:
$6 million to The Wilmer Eye Research Institute at Johns Hopkins University. The gift will help construct a new research and eye care facility for the Institute, which is long-recognized as an international leader in ophthalmology.

$5 million to Texas Woman's University. This gift will help fund construction of TWU's new $32-million T. Boone Pickens Institute of Health Sciences-Dallas Center. The state-of-the-art facility will be built at the TWU Parkland location in the heart of Dallas' Southwestern Medical District, and will offer programs in nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, healthcare administration and library science. The TWU Stroke Center also will be housed in the facility. The donation is the largest single gift from an individual to TWU, the largest public university primarily for women in the United States.

$2 million to Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Texas. The local chapter of the oldest, largest youth-mentoring organizations in the United States is receiving a matching grant for its Campaign for Children in Crisis.

$1.25 million to The Senior Source, Senior Citizens of Greater Dallas, which is recognized throughout Texas and the Southwest for improving the quality of life and promoting the independence of older adults. The Senior Source is one of the few nonprofits addressing a full spectrum of needs of older adults, from the most active senior to the very frail, incapacitated elderly. Through nine distinct programs, the agency supports nursing home residents, provides eldercare counseling, coordinates money management, serves as legal guardian, provides in-home companions, and matches older adults with employment and volunteer opportunities.

$1 million to The Phoenix House, which has been providing substance abuse services in Texas for nearly ten years. The gift will fund the T. Boone Pickens Scholarship Endowment, income from which will pay for residential drug rehab treatment for from six to eight teenagers per year.

$1 million grant to the Admiral Roy F. Hoffmann Foundation. The Foundation helps U.S. veterans wounded in action. Most initial contact with recipients for these awards is by "word of mouth" in federal medical centers.

$1 million to M.D. Anderson to support their ongoing cancer research initiatives, with a particular focus on the early detection, treatment and prevention of cervical cancer. Funds are designated to support Dr. Michele Follen's research and education projects in the Center for Biomedical Engineering.

Also in 2005:

$50 Million Each to UT Southwestern Medical Center, UT M. D. Anderson Cancer Center

The guy paid 279 million dollars in taxes on 2005.

What exactly has he done academically for the OSU campus. Very little if anything in relation to athletics. Once again, I am correct. Good try though, but you should know who you are calling out and better be right when doing so.

:dancefool

Hercules

EOG Addicted

I dont care about the first grade name calling to me. I just think it f*cking sucks that we have to correlate a 100 year old business man to college sports !!! Or the nike guy to Oregon U. The school that has the biggest donor is going to be the best !!!
If I were you Okie Pokie fans I would be embarresed by T-Bone Pickens and Gumby, the so called football coach !!! He was yelling at a girl in front of the whole world to see and hear !!! Gumby is T-Bones boy !!! Try to lie about that and say he isnt !!!
I also have the tape from the Kansas and OSU game that was on abc and T-Bone said "we will buy a championship !!!" I played it a 100 times the other night infront off a party of friends of mine watching the ncaa championship game !!! When Gumbel started talking about the 100 year old fossil and his money at halftime, we turned down the sound and laughed our ass off !!! You guys are linked to T-bone in Oklahoma and ya'll will never live that one down !!!
Remember the boosters in the Nick Nolte movie about college basketball, that Shaq was in. T-BONE takes that shit to the 10th degree !!! He sucks for college sports and so does the nike guy !!!

College sports are just so pure and clean.

And all the women you have been with are virgins.

Hercules

EOG Addicted

Thank goodness, living in Kansas hasnt made Bill Self stupid !!! GO HAWKS AND thanks for the $$$$$$$$$$$$
monday night !!!