Fast Food burgers

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: Fast Food burgers

no clue - haven't gone there in some time but lean to YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i usually go to carl's or in-n-out for a burger

Hal01

EOG Veteran

"Whataburger" is the South Texas fast food burger of choice.

Richkas

EOG Veteran

"Whataburger" is the South Texas fast food burger of choice.

That would make a good name for a race horse.

Whataburger in front.

I'll eat any hamburger, anytime. But whitecastles are the bomb.

purplepat

EOG Senior Member

I think Burger King is about the same as I always remember.

Wendy's though has taken a slight downturn since Dave Thomas' death, IMO.

They don't have Hardees in Cincinnati anymore, but I had a couple on vacation two weeks ago and their "Thickburgers" are pretty darn tasty.

Stephen

EOG Addicted

Wendy's used to be awesome in the 80's. The quality has gone way downhill.

Burger King was good up until a couple of years ago.

It seems these places try to diversify their menus and they lose their original signature burger that attracted you in the first place.

I've also noticed at fast food drivethroughs that you only have about a 75 percent chance of getting the right order unless you check. Even happens at McDonald's, which used to always be perfect.

dirty

EOG Master

Wendy's used to be awesome in the 80's. The quality has gone way downhill.

Burger King was good up until a couple of years ago.

It seems these places try to diversify their menus and they lose their original signature burger that attracted you in the first place.

I've also noticed at fast food drivethroughs that you only have about a 75 percent chance of getting the right order unless you check. Even happens at McDonald's, which used to always be perfect.

I totally agree with this post... It is where I can't eat a drive thru Burger anymore... Always Call 5 Guys and go in a pick it up....

Carl's Jr "Six Dollar Burgers" :houra

Same thing as Hardees back East... Used to be good have not eaten at one in a while since the two here closed down

Rxx

EOG Veteran

I totally agree with this post... It is where I can't eat a drive thru Burger anymore... Always Call 5 Guys and go in a pick it up....

Same thing as Hardees back East... Used to be good have not eaten at one in a while since the two here closed down

This is why In N Out is still so good. Their menu is tiny. Burgers/Fries/Shakes. That's it. some used to do grilled cheese but i think they took that off now.

dirty

EOG Master

5 Guys is the same way.... They have Hot Dogs and Grilled Cheese and that is it....

Black Bart

EOG Addicted

5 Guys is the same way.... They have Hot Dogs and Grilled Cheese and that is it....

Fairly long thread about Five Guys across the street a couple of weeks ago--very popular down here in FL now. Burgers and fries are an unbeatable combo. I stood in line for 20 minutes just to get a small order of fries a week or so ago.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

I cut out hamburger from my diet many months ago (maybe over a year) for ground turkey and chicken. Now eating vegetarian since 3/15. I have lost 15 pounds w/out exercise, except sex, which will begin 4/15 (Some stationary bike, treadmill and walking). Limited due to injuries needing surgery. No hamburger. But, I do really enjoy the BACO garden burgers, chicken and hot dogs. New years resolution no soda pop. Feel much better in the digestive area.

Hello, Stephen. Good to hear from you.

Last edited:

My wife starting buying that ground turkey crap, tells me "Oh, it's just like ground chuck, but healthier for us". I guess it was supposed to be the "IN" thing because cooks on the Food Network use it

It may be healthier, but not making Hamburger Helper or Sloppy Joe's with that shit. Made burgers with it once, had to season the hell out of it to make it taste halfway decent and it still wasn't very good. BAD AFTERTASTE TOO

dirty

EOG Master

Fairly long thread about Five Guys across the street a couple of weeks ago--very popular down here in FL now. Burgers and fries are an unbeatable combo. I stood in line for 20 minutes just to get a small order of fries a week or so ago.

Those fresh cut fries are the best... Not many places have those anymore....and they give you more damn fries than a family can eat

The General

There's an old saying I heard which I have failed at many times, but...'Eat to live, don't live to eat'

Finance

EOG Veteran

I cut out hamburger from my diet many months ago (maybe over a year) for ground turkey and chicken. Now eating vegetarian since 3/15. I have lost 15 pounds w/out exercise, except sex, which will begin 4/15 (Some stationary bike, treadmill and walking). Limited due to injuries needing surgery. No hamburger. But, I do really enjoy the BACO garden burgers, chicken and hot dogs. New years resolution no soda pop. Feel much better in the digestive area.

Gen - I know it's not what you meant, but when I first read this I thought the sex doesn't start until 4/15 - I was cracking up until I read it a second time and realized it was the exercise....:rolleyes:

Blackcloud

EOG Dedicated

Gen - I know it's not what you meant, but when I first read this I thought the sex doesn't start until 4/15 - I was cracking up until I read it a second time and realized it was the exercise....:rolleyes:<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I thought the same thing.

Limited due to injuries needing surgery

Thought this might also apply to the sex but was afraid to ask.

The General

LOL

I thought the same when posting actually but figured we'd get it right.

Sorry for confusion

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here

Looks like BK no longer makes the Angus. They replaced it with the Steakhouse Burger. It's one huge slab of beef, but the barbecue sauce they throw on it leaves something to be desired.

Whoops!

Rxx

EOG Veteran

Those fresh cut fries are the best... Not many places have those anymore....and they give you more damn fries than a family can eat

i just looked at their store locator- next time i am visiting my parents in Norcross, i'll have to go there.

Right now, Subway has a national promotion --the regular 12-inch sandwich for 5.00

Best fast food deal in town and actually healthy (don't let that deter you)

Black Bart

EOG Addicted

i just looked at their store locator- next time i am visiting my parents in Norcross, i'll have to go there.

I hit that one on Jimmy Carter in Norcross pretty regularly when I'm up thay way. Good stuff.

The General

Right now, Subway has a national promotion --the regular 12-inch sandwich for 5.00

Best fast food deal in town and actually healthy (don't let that deter you)

How do 85% plus not like Subway (Figure 8-9% adore Taco Bell)? They are very good and usually clean appearing.

dirty

EOG Master

You will not regret it ... Best burgers around from a Chain type store...even tho it is not fast food.

I hit that one on Jimmy Carter in Norcross pretty regularly when I'm up thay way. Good stuff.

That one is good... We have one here in Gville on the other side of town..but it is well worth the drive... doesn't take much longer than sitting in a Drive thru waiting for that horse shit from those other places. Only thing I don't like about 5Guys is there sweet Tea Sucks hind tit.

Subway is still a struggle at 5.00.

Right next door, there is a Popeye's with two breasts and french fries for 7.50.

Las Vegas is full of temptation.