Top 10 Reasons Why Men Avoid Marriage

Top 10 Reasons Why Men Avoid Marriage

February 29, 2008

I can?t remember where I found this list but I saved it to share some of the funny excuses given by gutless blokes who don?t have the balls to tell the truth.
So under each of the 10 reasons I have added my own interpretation of what they really meant.
1. Fear of long-term commitment ? 21%
Can?t freely sleep around
2. Worries about what the best man is going to reveal in his speech ? 14 %
Possibilty that the groom has had sexual relations with a farm animal?
3. The expense and the hassle ? 11%
Would rather go on holiday, buy a new or perhaps a cool home entertainment system - in other words, a wedding is a waiste of good money.
4. Crying while taking the vows ? 9%
If any man is going to cry taking his vows he has homosexual feelings, they may be sub conscious but he has them without doubt.
5. The embarrassing first dance ? 8%
This is pathetic, by this point everyone is half canned and would be to busy preparing to chance their luck with the good looking attendee?s and hopefully get their leg over before the night?s out..
6. Having to choose who should be the best man ? 6%
Lies, lies and more lies. You don?t have any ?real? friends. You?re a loser.
7. Fears about drunken family arguments ? 5%
It happens every Christmas and at funerals so what?s the difference?
8. Having to watch soap operas instead of the football after marriage ? 5%
These are the thoughts of a *****. Who is going to be wearing the trousers in that house?
9. Fancying the bridesmaids more than the bride ? 4%
Your future wife is the ?ugly sister? - see #10
10. Having to get to know the mother-in-law ? 3%
The fact here is your future wife will turn into her mother, face facts, this is what you are marrying. Isn?t that the true problem? You?re only marrying this woman because she is the only daft bitch that you could find to take you.

Blondie

EOG Master
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Men Avoid Marriage

1. Fear of long-term commitment – 21%
Can’t freely sleep around

Solution: Find a woman willing to have a threesome occasionally or make sure she knows how to keep the interest and be willing to try new things
2. Worries about what the best man is going to reveal in his speech – 14 %
Possibility that the groom has had sexual relations with a farm animal?

Make sure the best man is 1. single (and preferably sober during the sppech) and 2 you have dirt on him that could haunt him later at his own wedding. 3. Ensure he knows you WILL use it against him if needed

3. The expense and the hassle – 11%
Would rather go on holiday, buy a new or perhaps a cool home entertainment system - in other words, a wedding is a waste of good money.

Good point
4. Crying while taking the vows – 9%
If any man is going to cry taking his vows he has homosexual feelings, they may be sub conscious but he has them without doubt.

Although it will get him brownie points for that night :cheers

5. The embarrassing first dance – 8%
This is pathetic, by this point everyone is half canned and would be to busy preparing to chance their luck with the good looking attendee’s and hopefully get their leg over before the night’s out..

Oh geez can he just not come up with a better excuse than this :rolleyes:
6. Having to choose who should be the best man – 6%
Lies, lies and more lies. You don’t have any ‘real’ friends. You’re a loser.

Ok, I could see where this one would make sense IF HE WAS A WOMAN TYING TO PICK MAID OF HONOR :doh1
7. Fears about drunken family arguments – 5%
It happens every Christmas and at funerals so what’s the difference?

Bribe the family to remain quiet and behave simple as that
8. Having to watch soap operas instead of the football after marriage – 5%
These are the thoughts of a *****. Who is going to be wearing the trousers in that house?

Make sure you have more than one TV solves that issue or find a gal that likes sports

9. Fancying the bridesmaids more than the bride – 4%
Your future wife is the ‘ugly sister’ - see #10

See #1 for one solution, #2 fancy her all you want just keep your dick in your pants around her and all is good
10. Having to get to know the mother-in-law – 3%
The fact here is your future wife will turn into her mother, face facts, this is what you are marrying. Isn’t that the true problem? You’re only marrying this woman because she is the only daft bitch that you could find to take you.

Before you assume that is what she will look like, check out which parent your woman looks more like and realize she really might not look or act like either when she gets old.

It all comes down to this either you want to be with her or you don't. IF you do grow some balls and stop making pathetic excuses that just make you sound like a hormonal PMS ing woman.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

To avoid divorce. lol. The rate seems very high.

Blondie

EOG Master

To avoid divorce. lol. The rate seems very high.

The FIRST valid point of the list.

It has been scientifically proven that men are NOT monogamous creatures by nature whereas women are. Common sense really...

Hence why many women need to learn to take relationships at face value and stop looking towards the ultimate outcome of commitment. When they do so, they miss the joy they are experiencing at the moment, while men are more able to just relax and enjoy the fun they are having with a woman in the present.

Sorry Blonde, but all of that sounds great, but the real reason is one simple word. It stops some men from getting married and on the positive it keeps some men faithful. Drum roll please.

The word is:

HALF

Blondie

EOG Master

Sorry Blonde, but all of that sounds great, but the real reason is one simple word. It stops some men from getting married and on the positive it keeps some men faithful. Drum roll please.

The word is:

HALF

Very true there is a new term for that through PRENUPTIAL

Solution: Find a woman willing to have a threesome occasionally or make sure she knows how to keep the interest and be willing to try new things

Make sure the best man is 1. single (and preferably sober during the sppech) and 2 you have dirt on him that could haunt him later at his own wedding. 3. Ensure he knows you WILL use it against him if needed

Would rather go on holiday, buy a new or perhaps a cool home entertainment system - in other words, a wedding is a waste of good money.

Good point

This is pathetic, by this point everyone is half canned and would be to busy preparing to chance their luck with the good looking attendee?s and hopefully get their leg over before the night?s out..

Ok, I could see where this one would make sense IF HE WAS A WOMAN TYING TO PICK MAID OF HONOR :doh1

Make sure you have more than one TV solves that issue or find a gal that likes sports

See #1 for one solution, #2 fancy her all you want just keep your dick in your pants around her and all is good
The fact here is your future wife will turn into her mother, face facts, this is what you are marrying. Isn?t that the true problem? You?re only marrying this woman because she is the only daft bitch that you could find to take you.

Before you assume that is what she will look like, check out which parent your woman looks more like and realize she really might not look or act like either when she gets old.

It all comes down to this either you want to be with her or you don't. IF you do grow some balls and stop making pathetic excuses that just make you sound like a hormonal PMS ing woman.

BINGO!!!!!!!!

The Devil

EOG Master

The FIRST valid point of the list.

It has been scientifically proven that men are NOT monogamous creatures by nature whereas women are. Common sense really...

Hence why many women need to learn to take relationships at face value and stop looking towards the ultimate outcome of commitment. When they do so, they miss the joy they are experiencing at the moment, while men are more able to just relax and enjoy the fun they are having with a woman in the present.

PLEASE............ALL THE WOMEN WHO CHEATED WITH ME WERE ALL MARRIED...............SOME ON THEIR SECOND MARRIAGE BECAUSE THE FIRST TOSSED THEM FOR FOOLING AROUND WITH ME..............:party

Blondie

EOG Master

PLEASE............ALL THE WOMEN WHO CHEATED WITH ME WERE ALL MARRIED...............SOME ON THEIR SECOND MARRIAGE BECAUSE THE FIRST TOSSED THEM FOR FOOLING AROUND WITH ME..............:party

I never said science was right, just said what they "think" :LMAO

Apparently SOMETHING was lacking at home, either that or you are just THAT DAMN GOOD :cheers

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

:LMAO

The Devil

EOG Master

I never said science was right, just said what they "think" :LMAO

Apparently SOMETHING was lacking at home, either that or you are just THAT DAMN GOOD :cheers

WELL THEY DON'T CALL ME BIG FRED CAUSE IM 6-2!!!!!!!

Okay, now I have to say that your first part is true. Men are not monogamous by nature. This has been true since the beginning of man. But the scientific proof that women are is down right BS. If we can generalize and say more men cheat than women, or have multiple sex partners if single, I buy that, but does a large part of the female population meaning above 35% cheat or have multiple sex partners (yes they do).

No my wife doesn't run around, but would she like to? Maybe. Does she think about others? Probrably. Would she have sex with another person be it man or woman if I didn't mind? I think so.

This has been a topic I have discussed with many couples and when the truth be told women do like "strange" just as much as men.

We were at a hotel last summer with a baseball team I coach and when the kids were asleep (17 yr old daughter watching them) Mom and Dad went to the bar restaurant. We couldn't believe how packed a hotel bar was. People starting just coming up and talking to us. After we explained what we were doing there, we were told they were having some type of swingers gathering. We ran! No we didn't, we just said we weren't into that, but were curious why they did it. Some of the reasons sounded rational, and others sounded like a way to have sex with as many people as possible. It appeared to us that there were responsible adults that made their choices however different from ours in a positive way and then there were others that won't be married next year.

Anyway an older couple 60's, not old just older than most there sat by us and I picked their brain. They both agreed he had to initiate this activity, but once they did, she was the one who dragged him back 16 years of it. I then had to know if this was the norm. We spoke to about 15 couples and they all had the same story basically. Now we avoided the sluts (men and women) that couples warned us about so maybe not a complete social grouping for a study, buy close enough.

Yes, we went back to our room with each other and no swingers (I know there would be questions).

Any other thoughts

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Blondie - reading all of your posts in this thread leads me to believe that you are a unique and entirely desireable woman --

wanna get married....? =o)

Blondie

EOG Master

Blondie - reading all of your posts in this thread leads me to believe that you are a unique and entirely desireable woman --

wanna get married....? =o)

Nonew, Over time I have learned a few things about life (usually the hard way) . I am not sure I will ever get married again, it would depend entirely on the person and I would have to be sure that they were for lack of a better term my soul mate. They would have to be willing to keep sex interesting and not fall into the boring monotony that often occurs, be kind, generous (as I have a hard time saying no to people and love to help others), enjoy going out and actually living life, be intelligent, and realize that we do not have to spend every waking moment together (in other words, I would expect them to have their own friends and their own "life" and go and do things that interest them)

Now if you meet those qualifications, leave you resume at the front desk and I will look it over when I have some spare time :+textinb3

Richkas

EOG Veteran

Good point

I wouldnt marry a women who's willing to have a threesome. She couldnt be trusted.

Blondie, He is correct. You sound like a very intelligent woman. And since sex is 90% mental. You need someone that can stimulte you all of the time. Not just with "moves" but your mind and heart. That is a great thing and I am sure there is a person out there that would love to capture your mind, heart, and everything that come with it.

Last edited:

Blondie

EOG Master

Blonde, He is correct. You sound like a very intelligent woman. And since sex is 90% mental. You need someone that can stimulte you all of the time. Not just with "moves" but your mind and heart. That is a great thing and I am sure there is a person out there that would love to capture your mind, heart, and everything that comes with it.

Thank you, I am sure there is.... now if you happen to run across him can you send him my way :LMAO

The Devil

EOG Master

GEEZ BLONDIE...I JUST TYPED THAT IN AND ALREADY YOU'RE CALLING.......

Blondie

EOG Master

GEEZ BLONDIE...I JUST TYPED THAT IN AND ALREADY YOU'RE CALLING.......

Just calling to ask where all the resumes went, when I asked you to collect them I didn't mean to keep them :doh1

Oh and also cause the puppies miss you :LMAO