My (+200 unit) MLB Chase Challenge with Shrink

SSI

EOG Dedicated
to save me some time, simpy go to my thread (The Chase) here at EOG and catch up on what this is about..

In a quick update.... I currently am playing 3 MLB Chase systems... I say that ill clear (+200 units) this season. Shrink says i cant do it and has challenged me...

Unsure at the moment, what the wager actually is but im sure that we can work that out over the summer. For me the money i make betting them and the simple satisfaction of proving publicly this works, is enough for me.

Here is where the current record is at (refer to other thread for verification) and the plays for today..

For this entire thread: each unit is $30

The Chase: 24-0 (+24.00 units) (Closed series only)(337-1 since 2005)

Plays for monday may 12

Chase 25
a) Braves Over 9 (+1.00) $30 to win $30 Game 1 of DH

Chase 26
b) Padres Over (no line yet but to win $61.50)

Chase 27
a) Brewers Over 8.5 (-1.20) $36 to win $30

Runline Chase: 8-0 (+8.00 units)(19-0 on the season)(114-0 since 2006)

Mondays play

Runline Chase 9
b) cubs -1.5 (+1.00) $50.70 to win $50.70

Action Chase: 9-0 (+9.00 units) (opinion only chase)

Action Chase 9
c) pirates Over 9 (+1.00) $139 to win $139

Overall Record: 41-0 (+41.00 units) (closed Series only)

all 3 chases are 6 deep Martingale chases, so a loss on play (f) will mean a series loss and the chase is over. so essentially this thread will be to win (+159 more units).

back later with the padre total.

SSI

EOG Dedicated
Re: My (+200 unit) MLB Chase Challenge with Shrink

Chase 26
b) Padres Over 7.5 (-1.05) $64.58 to win $61.50

thats it for monday, unless the first game of the DH between the pirates and braves goes Under... if it does, ill be on the Over in game 2... ill be around to post it...

good luck with your wagers...

SSI

EOG Dedicated

hey Shrink, now im banned from the other place, not post review any longer.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

just to update this, in case i dont make it back for the start of game 2 of DH (to post)..

Looks like ill be on the Over 9 in Chase 25 (play b) and Action Chase 10 (play d)...

ill post the offical line later today.... if the first game, somehow goes Over 9, then no play on game 2.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

believe it Journey.... i was one and done and thats after 6yrs..

oh well, here was the play for the 2nd half of DH

Chase 25
b) braves over 9 (-1.10) $66 to win $60

Action Chase 10
d) Pitt Over 9 (-1.10) $339 to win $308

vegas83

EOG Member

SSI, have you ever done the chase with team sides? Meaning if a team has lost 5 in row then start taking them after the 5th loss or after 5 wins in a row?
Please let me know if you have back tested this and will not work for some reason.

Thanks

SSI

EOG Dedicated

no i havent done that but i dont think it will work... if your fading a 5 game win streak, the juice will probably bury you.... if your fading a losing streak of 5 games (well i dont have any numbers) but ive seen individual teams go on long losing and winning streaks..

i think the O/U will keep getting adjusted, as the consecutive streak grows.

but to better answer your question, i dont have any stats for it.

rgorr

EOG Member

SSI, are you still playing and tracking the +1.20 to +1.70 system?

coachp

EOG Addicted

Same amount (level b on the braves and level d on Pitt) the next day they each play.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

thanks coach, we had numerous chances to win that brave/pitt Over, that would have helped.

Pushes are thrown out, were still on play (b) for chase 25 and play (d) for action chase 10..

ill be around later on tuesday to update things, all night games anyway.

rrogr, no but lvman is... thinks its slightly profitable (+2.95 units) heading into today.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

things may turn out ok today... i went ahead and played our 2 pending chases for tuesday at greek tonight..

Chase 25
b) braves Over 10 (+1.00) $60 to win $60

Action Chase 10
d) pirates Over 9.5 (+1.00) $308 to win $308

i liked the no juice special...

as long as they finish in chicago, chase 26 is in the books. as the padres go over the (7.5)..

one more needed in milwaukee and big Z needs to hold the lead... if only the braves/pirates had scored one more.

chase 27 now in the books...

SSI

EOG Dedicated

thanks man, im done with forum wars... my best to everyone... did you see the cav's tonight? all even and were going back to boston.

Im updating the chases tonight, since everything is now final..

Lookout Shrink, 200 is not that far away, if i can avoid any series losses.

The Chase: 26-0 (+26.00 units) (339-1 since 2005)

plays for tuesday may 13

Chase 25
b) Braves Over 10 (+1.00) $60 to win $60

that is all for tuesday in (The Chase)

Runline Chase: 9-0 (+9.00 units)(20-0 on the season)(115-0 since 2006)

Runline Chase 10
a) play will be posted sometime tuesday

Action Chase: 9-0 (+9.00 units) (total opinion)(not mechanical)

play for tuesday may 13

Action Chase 10
d) Pirates Over 9.5 (+1.00) $308 to win $308

Overall season record: 44-0 (+44.00 units)(closed chases only)

back sometime tuesday.

coachp

EOG Addicted

Early on its looking like the Mets may be the Runline. Good luck today SSI.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

Coach, about what i figured, ill check it after lunch, no rush today...

Coach dont forget to now chase the redwings. free unit right there for the taking.

munson15

I want winners...

Coach, about what i figured, ill check it after lunch, no rush today...

Coach dont forget to now chase the redwings. free unit right there for the taking.
Gonna chase the Wings myself. I won't go ahead and call it free, because I had the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS. :( 2-0 on the runline chase. :smokesmal TY.:cheers

95cherokee33s

EOG Member

What exactly is the chase with the redwings? To win one, or go O/U a score? Thanks!

SSI

EOG Dedicated

95cherokee: its just another way to take advantage of an opportunity... Chase the redwings to win one more game, essentially dallas aint coming back from a (3-0) deficit... i believe that has only happened 3 times in sports history and yes munson the 04 redsox were one of them..

another way to put it, "it takes money to make money".

SSI

EOG Dedicated

going ahead and playing the runline play and everyone should be on the same page today..

Runline Chase 10
a) Mets -1.5 (+1.10) $27.30 to win $30

good luck with your wagers.

coachp

EOG Addicted

I think in the NHL it has happened twice before- something like 66 years ago(someone can tell me the exact number of years- not sure), then 33 years ago- oh and its due to happen this year. But who is superstituous???? I am on it- besides it could be the Flyers that come back (assuming they lose tonight).

SSI

EOG Dedicated

dont say that coach, ive got pitt for the series..

Hornets (+1.20) $200 to win $240
Cleveland (+6.00) $100 to win $600

Stars (+1.90) $100 to win $190 (loser)
Pitt (-2.10) $420 to win $200

those were my series plays.. if the nhl finals come down to (pitt/wings), im backing pitt.... may be a loser but im backing pitt until they lose.

coachp

EOG Addicted

I do too- not as strong as you- but a wager none thel ess.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

i really dont feel like playing this childish game today.

kayvebear

EOG Dedicated

SSI - no need to post at a place that doesn't appreciate your hard work. Your system seems fantastic and I am hoping to learn and tail it in the months to come. Best of luck to you have stoked your on EOG

SSI

EOG Dedicated

kayve, thanks man. im done with the bickering...

i hope you hit the tigers over but come on, tell me about the celtics last night...

kayve, its just a different way of thinking (betting), it isnt an endless, bet until you win martingale.. its a 6 deep chase and you must account for the bigger bets... this can be easily calculated before starting this... thanks to the internet, this can be played in very small increments..

ill be around, i havent told the shrink yet but i plan on making (+130 units) in both the NHL and NBA next season and im going to show him that as well.

need that pirate Over tonight.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

little bit of a struggle but we get there in extra innings with the bucs..

update heading into wednesday may 14

The Chase: 26-0 (+26.00 units)(339-1 since 2005)
chase 25 (braves Over) is heading to play (c) on wednesday.

Runline Chase: 10-0 (+10.00 units)(21-0 this season)(116-0 run)
nothing pending.

Action Chase: 10-0 (+10.00 units)(total opinion)
nothing pending

Overall: 46-0 (+46.00 units) (1 chase pending)

back on wednesday with all the plays.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

going to try coach, still a long way to (+200 units), my goal for this mlb season.

ive been putting together the overall longterm gambling plan and this is what i have.

MLB: (The Chase, Runline Chase, Action Chase) and looking for close to (+70 units) of profit from each, per season. I will be implementing all ML dogs from (+1.20/+1.70) for interleague play, starting this weekend. I have some pretty good numbers to back me up, so we will see how it goes friday. They are merely on a trial basis, not a permanent fixture.

NBA: (The Chase and Action Chase), lot of the Action Chase will be capitalizing on selected teams that are taking road trips of 6 games or more. Other times, they will be (O/U) also, as in mlb.

NHL: (The Chase and Action Chase), exact same info as the NBA.

Goal of (+130 units) for the NBA and NHL per season.

Series Bets: these are a little bigger wagers and are definately just personal opinion.

this leaves me, with what to do with football (college and pro) and also college basketball but im sure ill come up with something by summer's end.

back later with wednesdays plays (i havent even looked at the board today).

SSI

EOG Dedicated

just pacing myself Shrink, ive still got (+154 units) left to churn this baseball season. slow and steady Shrink..

here are 2 plays for wednesday may 14

Chase 25
c) Braves Over 9.5 (-1.20) $148 to win $123 (greek)

Action Chase 11
a) Dbacks Over 10 (-1.10) $33 to win $30
chsing the dbacks to play another Over in their next 6 games.

back later with

Chase 28
a) Nationals Under (waiting a little while)

Runline Chase 11
a) looks like ariz or clev, im hoping for arizona

ill back the caviliers for another $100 tonight as well.

ill clean it all up and post a final card later today.

coachp

EOG Addicted

SSI- I love football- don't do great- but love the game. The neat thing about the baseball is that if you lose today- you chase tomorrow. You usually will have it wrapped up one way or another in a few days. In football a 6 deep will be half the college season. But football is months away.

I have question- I started each chase with quite a bit smaller wager than you because my bankroll was smaller. Now I have raised the base a little. I plan on raising it each month (as my bankroll grows) I know that screws up my unit record- which doesn't make any difference to me- I just want the cash. But anyway- do you see a problem with raising the base of the chase as the bankroll grows? and perhaps drop it if we take a couple of hits?

SSI

EOG Dedicated

thats what you should do... i have moved from $20 to $30 and plan to be at $50 by seasons end, barring a disaster. however in this thread, ill just keep posting it at $30..

your right about football, i do have a few ideas however on how to make it work.