New Indiana Jones Earns $56 Million in 2 Days --

dirty

EOG Master
?Indy 4? earns $56.04 million ? and counting

By Bob Longino | Friday, May 23, 2008, 04:38 PM
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
?Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls? earned more than $56.04 million in its first two days at the box office.
On Friday, the film took in some $31 million in 4,260 theaters in North America. On its opening day on Thursday, the film earned more than $25 million.
The movie?s first-day total is the fourth best Thursday opening-day figure ever, trailing only the two most recently released ?Star Wars? movies and ?The Matrix Reloaded.?
?Crystal Skulls? is expected to easily win the four-day weekend box office. In Friday?s figures, ?The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian? was far back at No. 2 with $6.62 million. At No. 3 was ?Iron Man? with $5.32 million. Since opening May 2, ?Iron Man? has earned more than $445.2 million worldwide.
Will you go see ?Crystal Skull? this weekend?
?INDY? REVIEW
PHOTOS

Permalink | Comments (0) | Post your comment | Categories: Bob Longino

'Indy 4' earns $56.04 million ... and counting | Movie Talk | AccessAtlanta

dirty

EOG Master
Re: New Indiana Jones Earns $56 Million in 2 Days --

I have heard it is pretty good...I will be seeing it on Vacation the first week of June

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

We may actually bump into yall there if one of early shows if I get away.

Wonder if anyone here has seen it yet...........

We may actually bump into yall there if one of early shows if I get away.

Wonder if anyone here has seen it yet...........

Guy a work with, his sister in law saw it Thursday and they said it was very good.

Tom Selleck was the original actor that both Spielberg and Lucas wanted for the role of Indiana Jones. But he couldn't get out of Magnum PI long enough to do Raiders.

Hache Man

Tom Selleck was the original actor that both Spielberg and Lucas wanted for the role of Indiana Jones. But he couldn't get out of Magnum PI long enough to do Raiders.

I remember that story now

Too bad he didn't take the time off to accept the role so he would still have a career.......:+textinb3

I remember that story now

Too bad he didn't take the time off to accept the role so he would still have a career.......:+textinb3

He didn't do terrible. Magnum lasted a while. His choice of movies is what doomed him.

Pierce Brosnan had the same issue when they wanted him to replace Roger Moore as 007. Instead we got these 2 pieces of garbage with Timothy Dalton.

sabian06

EOG Dedicated

It was good until I saw a flying saucer take off..................I saw it coming when I saw the shape of the skull... I almost walked out when it happened..........what a fucking joke of a movie.......any true Indy fan was ashamed after watching this.............:+signs9-1

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

He didn't do terrible. Magnum lasted a while. His choice of movies is what doomed him.

Pierce Brosnan had the same issue when they wanted him to replace Roger Moore as 007. Instead we got these 2 pieces of garbage with Timothy Dalton.

He did do a very good movie though, that many probably havent seen called "An Innocent Man".....was really pretty good

$126M first four days, projecting $151m from Thurs-Memorial Day

'Indiana Jones' unearths $126 M in first 4 days - Movies - MSNBC.com

“Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull,” grossed an estimated $101 million from Friday to Sunday, plus $25 million from its opening Thursday, distributor Paramount Pictures said. The company expects it to earn another $25 million on Monday.

That would put it behind only “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End,” which had a Friday-through-Monday total of $139.8 million, in the pantheon of Memorial Day weekend blockbusters.

Box office resultsEstimated ticket sales for May 23-25
1. “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull,” $101 million.
2. “The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian,” $23 million.
3. “Iron Man,” $20.1 million. 4. “What Happens in Vegas,” $9 million.
5. “Speed Racer,” $4 million.
6. “Made of Honor,” $3.4 million.
7. “Baby Mama,” $3.3 million.
8. “Forgetting Sarah Marshall,” $1.7 million.
9. “Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay,” $900,000.
10. “The Visitor,” $800,000.

Hache Man

Road Dawg you home yet?

Wanting a review of the movie............ :)

Road Dawg you home yet?

Wanting a review of the movie............ :)

Yes, we saw it today.

How do I put this... Indiana Jones has always been one of my heroes. I wanted to BE Indiana Jones when I was a kid so I've been anticipating this movie for a LONG time.

IMHO, Last Crusade was the best Indy movie followed by Raiders, and then Temple of Doom.

Crystal Skull will replace Temple as the 3rd best movie. Not that it was a bad movie, I thought it was very good but with Harrison Ford being as old as he is, Denholm Elliot being dead, and not being able to kick the Nazis around any more kind of handicapped the film. Even still, Lucas and Spielberg did a tremendous job and the movie is not short on action.

Only thing I have to complain about is Shia Lebeouf. Hollywood is trying SO HARD to make this kid a star and I can't figure out why. He's not that good of an actor and so far his lack of depth is rivaled only by Keanu Reeves.

I give Crystal Skull 4 out of 5 stars on the Road Dawg movie rating system.

I was there at WORLDS END debut it was fucking retarded busy I had to buy scalped tickets

biggest hype of all time imo

If Lucas was smart he would fucking put out another 3 STAR WARS movies they are ridicoulously good

NOTHING touches that imo

I was there at WORLDS END debut it was fucking retarded busy I had to buy scalped tickets

biggest hype of all time imo

If Lucas was smart he would fucking put out another 3 STAR WARS movies they are ridicoulously good

NOTHING touches that imo

Betting,

You can't be serious? Episodes III, IV, and V were great and I, II, and VI sucked.

Empire Strikes back sucked????!!!!

are you kidding

best of all time imo

Betting, please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you paid very much attention.

Here are the ones that I think are GREAT:

Episode III Revenge of the Sith
Episode IV A New Hope
Episode V The Empire Strikes Back

The ones that sucked:
Episode I The Phantom Menace
Episode II Attack of the Clones
Episode VI Return of the Jedi

Empire is, by far, the best movie and the main reason is that George Lucas didn't direct it. Irvin Kershner directed and he should have been brought back for Jedi but wasn't.

Betting, please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you paid very much attention.

Here are the ones that I think are GREAT:

Episode III Revenge of the Sith
Episode IV A New Hope
Episode V The Empire Strikes Back

The ones that sucked:
Episode I The Phantom Menace
Episode II Attack of the Clones
Episode VI Return of the Jedi

Empire is, by far, the best movie and the main reason is that George Lucas didn't direct it. Irvin Kershner directed and he should have been brought back for Jedi but wasn't.

my apologies

am in full agreeance

didnt know about the directorship of Empire

if this is the case it was a travesty

sabian06

EOG Dedicated

I wonder if they will replace Indys whip with a ray gun to kill the aliens in the next one....................He was a hero of mine growing up and that was almost a slap in the face.........:+whipping.........For anyone that has not seen it yet don't waste your time.......go check out Iron man.........and stick around after the credits kind of a cool hint of something to come........

Hache Man

I wonder if they will replace Indys whip with a ray gun to kill the aliens in the next one....................He was a hero of mine growing up and that was almost a slap in the face.........:+whipping

lol.......... I know how you are with little things like that in movies Sabian, so I'm sure I will scoff at it as well when I see what you're talking about......

sabian06

EOG Dedicated

lol.......... I know how you are with little things like that in movies Sabian, so I'm sure I will scoff at it as well when I see what you're talking about......
My Apologies if I have ruined anything for you and anyone else......I was so frustrated with the movie that I had to vent.....I guess getting on here right after was not the greatest of ideas......:doh1

Hache Man

My Apologies if I have ruined anything for you and anyone else......I was so frustrated with the movie that I had to vent.....I guess getting on here right after was not the greatest of ideas......:doh1

You haven't ruined anything for myself as you didn't really give anything.

I know we have always agreed on little things in certain movies that just completely ruin the whole film, so I actually look forward to seeing what it is that you're referring to............... :)

dirty

EOG Master

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold;" valign="top" width="99%">'Indiana Jones' earns $311 million worldwide</td> <td align="right" valign="top"></td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- headline end --> <!-- date/author start --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="99%">May 26 02:38 PM US/Eastern
By RYAN NAKASHIMA
AP Business Writer
</td> <td style="padding-top: 5px;" align="right" valign="bottom"> <table style="border: 1px solid rgb(186, 186, 186); background-color: rgb(237, 240, 244);" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="33" width="1"> <tbody><tr><td style="padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; font-size: 9pt; white-space: nowrap;">Write a Comment </td> <td background="http://www.breitbart.com/images/article/dots.gif"> </td> <td style="padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 5px;"></td> <td background="http://www.breitbart.com/images/article/dots.gif"> </td> <td style="padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 5px;"></td> <td background="http://www.breitbart.com/images/article/dots.gif"> </td> <td style="padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 5px;"><script type="text/javascript"> digg_url = 'http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90TG8UG0&show_article=1'; digg_title = '%27Indiana+Jones%27+earns+%24311+million+worldwide'; digg_bodytext = 'LOS+ANGELES+%28AP%29+-+The+most+recent+Indiana+Jones+film+more+than+recouped+its+big+budget+with+an+estimated+%24311+million+in+global+box+office+sales+through+the+long+weekend%2C+according+to+studio+estimates+Monday.+'; digg_media = 'news'; digg_topic = 'world_news'; digg_bgcolor = '#edf0f4'; digg_skin = 'compact'; digg_window = 'new'; </script><script src="http://digg.com/tools/diggthis.js" type="text/javascript"></script><iframe src="http://digg.com/tools/diggthis.php?u=http%3A//www.breitbart.com/article.php%3Fid%3DD90TG8UG0%26show_article%3D1&t=%2527Indiana+Jones%2527+earns+%2524311+million+worldwide&w=new&b=LOS+ANGELES+%2528AP%2529+-+The+most+recent+Indiana+Jones+film+more+than+recouped+its+big+budget+with+an+estimated+%2524311+million+in+global+box+office+sales+through+the+long+weekend%252C+according+to+studio+estimates+Monday.+&m=news&c=world_news&k=%23edf0f4&s=compact" frameborder="0" height="18" scrolling="no" width="120"></iframe>
</td> <td background="http://www.breitbart.com/images/article/dots.gif"> </td> <td style="padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 5px;"><script type="text/javascript"> farkItButton("'Indiana Jones' earns $311 million worldwide", "http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90TG8UG0"); </script></td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- date/author end --> <!-- article start --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td style="font-size: 14px;" valign="top" width="99%">LOS ANGELES (AP) - The most recent Indiana Jones film more than recouped its big budget with an estimated $311 million in global box office sales through the long weekend, according to studio estimates Monday. Families went in droves to catch "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," a PG-13 adventure starring Harrison Ford as the whip- cracking archaeologist who took 19 years to return to the big screen.
Paramount Pictures estimated the action sequel made $151.1 million in the U.S. and Canada from Thursday to the holiday Monday and $143 million overseas, though not including Monday.
It marked the second biggest Memorial Day weekend opening ever, behind only "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," which made $153 million domestically from Thursday to Monday last year.
Nearly a third of the domestic audience was made up of parents with their children, said Rob Moore, president of Paramount Worldwide Distribution.
"Adults really drove this opening. This is one of their favorite franchises and they couldn't wait to take their kids with them," Moore said.
The film cost a reported $185 million to make, even with the principal talent—Ford, director Steven Spielberg and writer George Lucas—deferring their usual fees for a greater share of the profits.
The first three Indy movies raked in $1.2 billion worldwide.
Marketing costs were undisclosed, although the latest "Indiana Jones" received a major push from Paramount. DVDs of the first three movies were rereleased, they aired on TV days before the opening and huge billboards sprung up.
The final trailer for the movie rolled before the opening of Marvel Studios' "Iron Man," which was also distributed by Paramount, three weeks earlier.
"It's been a pretty good month," Moore said. "We started the month with 'Iron Man' and finished with 'Indiana Jones.'"
Other movies' receipts over the long weekend paled by comparison.
Disney's "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" slashed its way to $28.6 million, for a total $96.7 million over two weeks. "Iron Man" locked up third with $25.7 million in its third week for a total of $257.8 million.
The Wachowski brothers flick "Speed Racer," distributed by Warner Bros., crawled closer to the finish line with $5.2 million for fifth, bringing its domestic total to $37.4 million. It brought in $30 million overseas, and had yet to be released in major markets France, Russia, Japan and Australia.
The studio said it was not ready to wave the checkered flag on the film, which cost $120 million to make.
"If I had my druthers I'd have it in theaters for weeks and months to come," said Jeff Goldstein, Warner Bros.' executive vice president of distribution.
For the year so far, domestic movie revenues are down more than 4 percent at $3.4 billion, with attendance off nearly 7 percent.
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Monday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Media By Numbers LLC. Final figures will be released Tuesday.
1. "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," $126 million (plus $25.1 million on Thursday).
2. "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian," $28.6 million.
3. "Iron Man," $25.7 million.
4. "What Happens in Vegas," $11.2 million.
5. "Speed Racer," $5.2 million.
6. "Made of Honor," $4.2 million.
7. "Baby Mama," $4.2 million.
8. "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," $2.2 million.
9. "Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay," $1.2 million.
10. "The Visitor," $917,000.
___
Universal Pictures and Focus Features are owned by NBC Universal, a joint venture of General Electric Co. and Vivendi Universal; Sony Pictures, Sony Screen Gems and Sony Pictures Classics are units of Sony Corp.; DreamWorks, Paramount and Paramount Vantage are divisions of Viacom Inc.; Disney's parent is The Walt Disney Co.; Miramax is a division of The Walt Disney Co.; 20th Century Fox and Fox Searchlight Pictures are owned by News Corp.; Warner Bros., New Line, Warner Independent and Picturehouse are units of Time Warner Inc.; MGM is owned by a consortium of Providence Equity Partners, Texas Pacific Group, Sony Corp., Comcast Corp., DLJ Merchant Banking Partners and Quadrangle Group; Lionsgate is owned by Lionsgate Entertainment Corp.; IFC Films is owned by Rainbow Media Holdings, a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corp.; Marvel Studios is a division of Marvel Entertainment Inc.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td></tr></tbody></table>

'Indiana Jones' earns $311 million worldwide

I wonder if they will replace Indys whip with a ray gun to kill the aliens in the next one....................He was a hero of mine growing up and that was almost a slap in the face.........:+whipping.........For anyone that has not seen it yet don't waste your time.......go check out Iron man.........and stick around after the credits kind of a cool hint of something to come........

As if the FICTIONAL character of Indiana Jones finding the Ark of the Covenant, taking 3 mystical stones from a guy that can rip your still beating heart out of your chest, or finding the Holy Grail were somehow REAL.

Come on Sabian, what else would you have them do?

d ray

EOG Dedicated

Raiders of the Lost Ark - I loved
Temple of Doom - OK
Last Crusade - Good

Crystal Skull - Horrible

I went to see it Friday and left pissed off, first time in a while I went to the movie theatre and left feeling I wasted my money.

Easily the worst of the series.

Never in an Indiana Jones film have I sat there at different parts and said to myself "wow, this is bad."