SHOULD EOG BE A 100 % "NO HOLDS BARRED" FORUM??????

Blondie

EOG Master
Re: SHOULD EOG BE A 100 % "NO HOLDS BARRED" FORUM??????

It just strikes me funny how anyone could bitch about freedom of expression in this forum, now, to answer your question, I have put the dump on the back burner for now, but if needed, I have it bookmarked for easy access.

Glad you could get it all out of your system. It is a fun place to vent when needed though :cocktail

who cares, this is rediculous... just another thread to drum up convo that wont even be considered
agree- when a post comes up that's borderline then discuss it.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Agreed. It is slow this morning.

i would imagine it will be a slow weekend online, if i wasnt working in 4 hours, i would be out drinking someplace enjoying the long weekend

Blondie

EOG Master

Sorry, Blondie, but you're wrong again. Now the part that you highlighted was fine, but he also posted this...

Originally Posted by doc44
the title of this thread is absurd... it is just as absurd as comparing blondie admitting her early mistakes as a doctor saying sorry after a patient dies due to their mistake.

stupid, absurd, retarded... more come to mind.

...the title of this thread is definitely NOT absurd...it is a very reasonable question! Now the comparison he uses, that is absurd!

That is why I placed the parts I was meaning. Should have edited the other out. Sorry for the confusion.

SBR will be mentioned 25 times or more today. If I mention it, besides this post, it gets deleted but I'm not going to cry.

Peep
I used the below as a reminder on what my job was all about.

It is a quote from a circa 1992 newsgroup mailing. Summed up how I felt about moderating perfectly. I used it as an example of "how to" when training Rx moderators.

They are successful moderators because they continue to negotiate their roles with the community they serve. That's the single most important characteristic of a moderator. Consultation with the list at least mitigates the stifling/narrowing effect I fear moderation can create. A bad moderator would be someone who established roles and guidelines without consultation or who enforced those rules too strictly, which would have a chilling effect on the community.

I read it everyday before I started work LOL....

one

EOG Addicted

Sorry, Blondie, but you're wrong again. Now the part that you highlighted was fine, but he also posted this...

Originally Posted by doc44
the title of this thread is absurd... it is just as absurd as comparing blondie admitting her early mistakes as a doctor saying sorry after a patient dies due to their mistake.

stupid, absurd, retarded... more come to mind.

...the title of this thread is definitely NOT absurd...it is a very reasonable question! Now the comparison he uses, that is absurd!

yea, it is a GREAT QUESTION! idiot.

no one in their right mind thinks EOG should be 100% anything goes. if they do they are retarded. Ego does not think it, it is an over reaction to the post by Crazyl earlier in the day.

it would be a decent question if it was "Should EOG be 98% no holds barred" but no one thinks it should be 100% making the title ludicrous.

As one poster stated earlier, the way EOG has been moderated in the past seemed to be successful (though of course I haven't seen the P & L statements). I think that even a slight whiff of censorship would be catastrophic; I know that I would spend very little time here if I thought the content was being unreasonably manipulated. I don't know, or care, about the behind-the-scene machinations that led to "The Great Moderator Imbroglio of 2008" here at EOG, but I observed first-hand how Dirty caught unmitigated hell in the political forum and let it ride. I know the example I used is not even close to being in the money area of EOG, but the premise is the same; look to the past examples which seemed to work well, and avoid trying to make your own stamp as a new mod just because you can. .And don't forget, as another poster stated, the community here does a fairly good job of policing itself. . . .

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

I am not sure about "NO" holds barred, as there are always a few lines that aren't tasteful to be crossed and a few folks who will cross them on purpose.
But, that being said, I'm all for opening it up............I find most of the bashing humorous and worth at least few laughs, anyway.
That's one of the reasons I favor this place instead of one of the ones "across the street" as that one is run a little bit too tight assed.

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

Here is my 2 cents,
I do not see anything wrong with playing,joking ,and poking fun at other posters.
I have not been hanging out here that long, and this is after all for the most part a mans forum..
Men are cocky ,and arrogant.
They like to boost and strut like turkeys.
They for the most part like to cut each other.
In the world of men "theme's fight-en words".. Over time men fight about the damnedest things ,and from a woman's perspective "stupid",But this is what men enjoy doing, with one another.
At the end of the day , or even the next they are all still friends . They have gotten over it. That being said. People should say what they want to,on both sides of the fence. A person will hang himself with their own words as a reflection of who they really are. With out anybodies help at all." Pick your battles".

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Heres an idea, why doesnt EOG try and go back to being a sports gambling forum?

As one poster stated earlier, the way EOG has been moderated in the past seemed to be successful (though of course I haven't seen the P & L statements). I think that even a slight whiff of censorship would be catastrophic; I know that I would spend very little time here if I thought the content was being unreasonably manipulated. I don't know, or care, about the behind-the-scene machinations that led to "The Great Moderator Imbroglio of 2008" here at EOG, but I observed first-hand how Dirty caught unmitigated hell in the political forum and let it ride. I know the example I used is not even close to being in the money area of EOG, but the premise is the same; look to the past examples which seemed to work well, and avoid trying to make your own stamp as a new mod just because you can. .And don't forget, as another poster stated, the community here does a fairly good job of policing itself. . . .

I could not have said it much better...:cheers

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

yea, it is a GREAT QUESTION! idiot.

no one in their right mind thinks EOG should be 100% anything goes. if they do they are retarded. Ego does not think it, it is an over reaction to the post by Crazyl earlier in the day.

it would be a decent question if it was "Should EOG be 98% no holds barred" but no one thinks it should be 100% making the title ludicrous.

Yeah, I'm the idiot....you say the thread title question is absurd, stupid, retarded but then you change it from 100% to 98% and all of a sudden it's a decent question....I rest my case, you're a fucking idiot, well, at least you're 98% a fucking idiot!

pioneer,

You have such a way with words...

Must u express yourself with f bombs to get your point across?

What the difference between an idiot and a fucking idiot by the way?

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

pioneer,

You have such a way with words...

Must u express yourself with f bombs to get your point across?

What the difference between an idiot and a fucking idiot by the way?

LOL....thank you Angelfire...

one idiot is getting some and one isn't....

ps. I mustn't but I choose to....but note well, I at least answer questions, unlike some fucking forum owners whom I know!

LOL....thank you Angelfire...

one idiot is getting some and one isn't....

ps. I mustn't but I choose to....but note well, I at least answer questions, unlike some fucking forum owners whom I know!

yeah, those forum owners are something else...:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

one

EOG Addicted

Yeah, I'm the idiot....you say the thread title question is absurd, stupid, retarded but then you change it from 100% to 98% and all of a sudden it's a decent question....I rest my case, you're a fucking idiot, well, at least you're 98% a fucking idiot!

weak sauce pioneer. try comprehending what i was saying... trytrytry haha...

yes, you're the idiot

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

weak sauce pioneer. try comprehending what i was saying... trytrytry haha...

yes, you're the idiot

I not only comprehended it, I quoted it....if it's weak sauce, it's only because you supplied the sauce....I guess that would be "idiot sauce"

Heres an idea, why doesnt EOG try and go back to being a sports gambling forum?
Because then it'd be even less active.

The bottom line is gambling forums are active because of entertainment, drama (fighting, bitching), some contests sprinkled in etc.

If somebody wanted to simply discuss gambling and handicapping, they'd go to places like Stat Fox which are as dead as OGD is.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

:finger004
Frog-

and you past posted

You are even stupider than a turd. That race was not past posted, wil the lame fuck had the time zones wrong, the horse won and several posters hit it, hard to do if it was past posted. Besides, what the fuck does a 4 year old post have to do with mods moving lots of your posts here because I asked? Not a fuckin thing, shitferbrains. Ask the general, dirty, any of the mods from jump, or any of the new mods you lying sack of shit. What a worthless fuck you turned out to be, no you always were. Raiders, go fuck yourself.

OF...:finger004

Frog- You say you hold the bass record, record for most wins in a row, record for banging three girls in one day all 8 or above. The only verified record is that of you past posting and second ain't close.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Frog- You say you hold the bass record, record for most wins in a row, record for banging three girls in one day all 8 or above. The only verified record is that of you past posting and second ain't close.

Your attacks are very shit like. But I hate to ask for the umpteenth time, which posts or which mods did I ask to move your posts here, you lying sack of shit. Back something you say up for once, instead of your weak shit made up garbage. You even fail at attacks, typical for the shitferbrains you are. Come on Pinnichio, the past post was a lie, me being barred from the front page a lie, you having me banned a lie and a wish, and mods moving your lots of posts because I asked them a lie. What a worthless fuck. I doubt you could even fuck yourself you are so fucked up. Why The Shrink invited your 4th string loser ass back here I will never know. Same as the RX I guess, and you failed there also. Go back with your buddy beantownbum, you are on his level.

Go fuck :finger004 yourself loser raiders...:finger004 OF

Blondie

EOG Master

Does anyone else find it ironic that OF and Raiders are going at it in a thread about "no holds barrele posting" here?

Frog- Your incessant whining to mods even embarrassed me. There were times when I just wish you'd run away before the inevitable losing streak.

Didn't you admit in a thread here about two weeks ago that a thread was moved after you shed some tears?