Doc Mercer

EOG Master
What a great piece of work ...

Great writing.

Great casting.

Great acting.

Great movie.

Very sad ending.

Imagine the world we would have if Al Gore had been elected.

For openers ... no 9-11 attacks ... and no Iraq war and gasoline probably around $1.80 gallon

Re: RECOUNT .... what a great movie !!!

When did it air, Doc? I just canceled my HBO about 2 months ago. My friggin cable bill is so out of hand!! I got 1 HD Box, Internet, Encore (which comes with like 70 "digital package" channels, Showtime ($5/mo), and another digital box that's not HD upstairs, and my cable bill is $150/mo!!!!!!!!!!! HBO was $13/mo, so I dropped it!! I guess I need to get rid of those Encore & Digital channels. They're like $15! And Showtime SUCKS, but I think Weeds is my new favorite show, so I'll carry it until the end of summer!!
I thought HBO sucked too after The Sopranos ended, so I tossed it, and now this movies comes out!! I bet that WAS good!! I'll find some way to check it out!!! I bet Spacey ROCKED that part!!! Did Laura Dern do the BIZNITCH any justice?!? :LMAO
:cheers

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

RECOUNT hit HBO last nite ....

EXCELLENT but SAD to realize how much this country get screwed

We would not be paying $4 gallon right now for gasoline and would
not be 9 Trillion in Debt if Gore was President

Long time till January 20th and the DECIDER has plenty of time to
"really change the Landscape ..."

Imagine the turn that our country took when we allowed the Supreme Court to appoint our current president!!! I can GUARANTEE you this: Al Gore would be BUSTING HIS ASS to make this gas thing better!!! And so would Bill Clinton!! You can hate 'em or love 'em, but those guys, and democrats as a whole for that matter, usually focus on fiscal responsibility, problems IN the country, and J-O-B's!!! What the chicken-hawks don't understand is that, during times like that, there isn't a need for FUCKING National Guard to be fighting wars of attrition in the desert!!!!
I'm NOT naive enough to think that Clinton didn't make mistakes (NAFTA, Blowjob), but what really did those gaffs do to affect you in the way this war and the failed economics of Bush have affected us all?? Seriously?!?!?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Once Bush was APPOINTED the PNAC agenda became a clear focus
to launch into High Gear ....

Scray part is Bush is not going to go quietly into the nite so
dont rule out another "incident" of some kind to create havoc

It could be anything from food riots to blowing up the Hoover Dam
and flooding Vegas with these guys

Something is going down ... you can feel it in many ways

I saw the movie last night and liked it - even if you are not much into politics or elections you will like it. And you'll especially like it if you enjoy Dennis Leary's acting - he carried a lot of the scenes.

The movie does recap a lot of what happened well - and some things you might have forgotten about along the way when it was all going on. You get a real realistic feeling of the torture it was when they were recounting the ballots and either side would find any excuse in the world to not count a certain ballot. I would also show it emphasizes what it's like to finally give up in a long legal fight and the emotions involved in that.

Cons are that it tended to focus mainly on how Al Gore's campaign kept getting screwed and tries making him look like a hero by the end of it. It's only a few steps away from being a full-fledged Michael Moore anti-Bush kind of movie but they tried to find a balance somewhere. Interesting also that they tried hard to never have an actor on screen playing Bush or Gore. Instead they kept trying to use real footage for parts involving speeches they made. I suppose the idea with that was keeping a more realistic focus on the people running the campaigns and not actually on Bush or Gore.

Overall, worth watching at least once - we all remember what that election was like.

Reload,
The way I remember it, not only did Al Gore get screwed, we ALL took the high hard one!! Even if HAD been a Bush victory, it should have been a complete run-off election with Florida re-voting!! Congress could have held hearings and made it so! SOMEBODY should have made it so!! I can remember sitting in my room watching the coverage of that election thinking there's NO WAY the people of this country will stand for this.......NO WAY!!

Hey, does anyone have a copy of that??

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Look at Bush's life Yung:

ONLY President with a Police record - arrested 3 times

Harken Energy Insider Trading Scandal - SEC Investigation shut down by
Daddy

Cocaine arrest in Houston in 72- covered up by Daddy

FuneralGate in Texas - another nice "ahhh ... ghees ... George is a nice guy"

Gonzales changing Bush's drivers license # in 95 to cover up his tracks

Look at his AWOL stint with the National Guard

Runs in 78 in Texas and beat ... changes his "views" on Abortion

AttorneyGate

PlameGate

False Terror Flag Operations

In bed with Chalabi in Iraq

Blackwater Opps roaming NO where he tried to Implement Martial Law

Pisses all over the Constitution ... sorry ... "God damned piece of paper"

Buys off Media in the USA and Iraq to feed bullshit lies

Against Gay Unions but his admistration has more Homosexuals than on an
avg street corner in San Francisco

SHALL WE CONTINUE?

Though sometimes you take it further than I do, that seems like a pretty good list!! :LMAO

I'd love to see someone refute those charges! They're mostly all out there for you to see!!!