Blondie, Can i ask you a serious parenting question?

Blondie

EOG Master
Re: Blondie, Can i ask you a serious parenting question?

Same as always depends on the question Shawn.

Here we go.

Will Blondie be Blondie are suddenly decide she is Wendy O. Williams.

ok, my lil boy loves scary movies!!! halloween, friday the 13, texas chainsaw, freddy kruger so on and so forth!

hes only 8 yrs old! i know some parents wouldnt let thier children watch these but i dont see a problem with it!

anyway......heres the thing!!! theres this new movie coming tommorow called the strangers....he has his heart set on going to the theatre to see it!

but, im concerned...because 1. can a kid get into see a "r" rated movie and 2. will people be looking at us like we are the worst parents in the world?

and 3. ARE WE BAD PARENTS 4 LETTING HIM WATCH SCARY MOVIES?

I don't think it can be any more scary than him seeing some of the moods you have been in, Shawn.

Blondie

EOG Master

Shawn, give me a couple of minutes.

Getting lunch for the kids and then I will respond...

I don't think it can be any more scary than him seeing some of the moods you have been in, Shawn.

WELL AFTER A MOOD SWING....I EXPLAIN TO HIM THAT HIS "UNCLE RELOAD" MADE DADDY VERY ANGRY AND ITS ALLHIS" UNCLE RELOADS FAULT":LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

I want to hear this answer as well. I am the other way, I don't watch these types of movies so I seem to keep my kids away from them. May be that is wrong of me?

Just interested to hear what you have to say Blondie!

cassiusclay

EOG Master

this is what my 6 year old fears the most in this world, caught her watching it one sunday afternoon and the mention of this name freaks her out:

I want to hear this answer as well. I am the other way, I don't watch these types of movies so I seem to keep my kids away from them. May be that is wrong of me?

Just interested to hear what you have to say Blondie!

YUMMY, I DONT THINK YOUR WRONG AT ALL!

BUT, MY SON REALLY LOVES SCARY MOVIES!

HES GOONA BE HEARTBROKE IF I DONT TAKE HIM

Blondie

EOG Master

ok, my lil boy loves scary movies!!! halloween, friday the 13, texas chainsaw, freddy kruger so on and so forth!

hes only 8 yrs old! i know some parents wouldnt let thier children watch these but i dont see a problem with it!

anyway......heres the thing!!! theres this new movie coming tommorow called the strangers....he has his heart set on going to the theatre to see it!

but, im concerned...because 1. can a kid get into see a "r" rated movie and 2. will people be looking at us like we are the worst parents in the world?

and 3. ARE WE BAD PARENTS 4 LETTING HIM WATCH SCARY MOVIES?

Shawn, I just watched the trailer for this movie....

My son is almost 9, and there is no way I would let him watch this movie.
I am just now letting him watch the Halloween, Friday the 13th ones. The only reason I let him watch the older horrors is because the dramatics and effects are so simple considering the advancements in technology that he laughs at them.

1. Shawn, for him to get into an R rated movie, he will have to be accompanied by an adult. not necessarily you either...

2. Having just seen the trailer, I can not say for sure but I can say I would be one of those people looking at you with a disapproving glare.

3. I can not say you are bad parents for letting him watch them, but I would recommend you watch them first to see how graphic they are and if it is something you want him exposed to.

Shawn, I just watched the trailer for this movie....

My son is almost 9, and there is no way I would let him watch this movie.
I am just now letting him watch the Halloween, Friday the 13th ones. The only reason I let him watch the older horrors is because the dramatics and effects are so simple considering the advancements in technology that he laughs at them.

1. Shawn, for him to get into an R rated movie, he will have to be accompanied by an adult. not necessarily you either...

2. Having just seen the trailer, I can not say for sure but I can say I would be one of those people looking at you with a disapproving glare.

3. I can not say you are bad parents for letting him watch them, but I would recommend you watch them first to see how graphic they are and if it is something you want him exposed to.

BLONDE, I THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR OPIONON!:cheers

Tuckman

Uh Poster

eog just dropped a few nore notches back, keep up the good work :cheers

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

No way would I let my kids watch this but they would NOT want to watch these types anyway. Can't call you a bad parent as every situation is different. Good luck!

No way would I let my kids watch this but they would NOT want to watch these types anyway. Can't call you a bad parent as every situation is different. Good luck!

YEAH! HE REALLY WANTS TO GO.......BUT I THINK IM JUST GONA SAY....THAT KIDS GOTTA BE 13 TO GET IN TO SEE IT!:pop:

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

no reason to lie to him Shawn, just tell him you are the parent, and you dont feel he needs to see it right now, befroe you see it...

If u lie to him, and one of his friends' parents let them see it, then he will know you lied, and be mad as well as dissappointed.....just tell him the movie is too adult for him, and that he can see that type of movie when he gets older...

no reason to lie to him Shawn, just tell him you are the parent, and you dont feel he needs to see it right now, befroe you see it...

If u lie to him, and one of his friends' parents let them see it, then he will know you lied, and be mad as well as dissappointed.....just tell him the movie is too adult for him, and that he can see that type of movie when he gets older...

BUCS....BUT IVE LET HIM WATCH EVERY OTHER SCARY MOVIE HE EVER WANTED! BUT THAT WAS AT HOME!!!! HE WANTS TO GOTO THE THEATRE TOMMOROW NIGHT:pop:

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

BUCS....BUT IVE LET HIM WATCH EVERY OTHER SCARY MOVIE HE EVER WANTED! BUT THAT WAS AT HOME!!!! HE WANTS TO GOTO THE THEATRE TOMMOROW NIGHT:pop:

well then tell him he has to wait til it comes on video, and u can preview it before he sees it....i am just saying dont lie, cuz he will figure out, and be more dissappointed.....

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Tell him what Buc said but explain it is not appropriate to go and watch at his age in the theatre. Your decision. Be firm and fair. Good point by Buc. Gotta be honest.

I TRYED TO TELL HIM IT COSTS WAY TOO MUCH TO GO SEE IT AT THE THEATRE!

SOOOOOOOOOOOO.......HE OFFERED TO PAY WITH HIS OWN MONEY!!!!:doh1

Blondie

EOG Master

Just suck it up and tell him you are the parent and you say no. Simple as that.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

I REPEAT, quit lying to him, and be a parent...tell him it is too grown up a movie for a kid his age to see at the theater, and that when it comes on video, you will watch it, and if u feel it isnt any worse, than movies he has already seen, you 2 will sit there together and watch it...if its too violent, then he waits til he's older to see it, because YOU ARE THE PARENT..

Tuckman

Uh Poster

I REPEAT, quit lying to him, and be a parent...tell him it is too grown up a movie for a kid his age to see at the theater, and that when it comes on video, you will watch it, and if u feel it isnt any worse, than movies he has already seen, you 2 will sit there together and watch it...if its too violent, then he waits til he's older to see it, because YOU ARE THE PARENT..

thats not in his vocabulary or daily life :rolleyes:

heres the thing!!! theres this new movie coming tommorow called the strangers....he has his heart set on going to the theatre to see it!
"The Strangers" opens Friday, I am going to see it over the weekend too. The trailer looked pretty good.. which means it'll likely suck, but oh well.

As for your other questions, don't give a fuck what anybody else thinks. I would think that'd already be instilled into an admitted toe sucking, foot loving mans head..

I appreciate the wisdom and sophistication displayed on this thread...

However, I can honestly say this was NOT the best 3 minutes of my life...

THE SHRINK

Blondie

EOG Master

THE SHRINK

It took you three minutes to read this :hung

Tuckman

Uh Poster

THE SHRINK

get used to it :cheers

YEAH! HE REALLY WANTS TO GO.......BUT I THINK IM JUST GONA SAY....THAT KIDS GOTTA BE 13 TO GET IN TO SEE IT!:pop:

Not your job to be their 'friend' right now, it's your job to be their parent.

Stop whining like a school girl and grow a set!

Shawn sometimes we have to disappoint our kids but we have to remember it is in their best interest and they will appreciate it when they are older. We can be friends with then when they have their own kids and are asking our advice about things like this.

Shawn sometimes we have to disappoint our kids but we have to remember it is in their best interest and they will appreciate it when they are older. We can be friends with then when they have their own kids and are asking our advice about things like this.

i know your right!

its just, i had a really really bad child hood! (physical/mental abuse, dad was an alcoholic... mom was a drug abuser) so i always said....when i have kids im goona be the best parent ever! and i guess i try to accomplish that by letting them do whatever they want. i just hope i dont regret it later on.

Blondie

EOG Master

Being the best parent includes enforcing limits.....

i know your right!

its just, i had a really really bad child hood! (physical/mental abuse, dad was an alcoholic... mom was a drug abuser) so i always said....when i have kids im goona be the best parent ever! and i guess i try to accomplish that by letting them do whatever they want. i just hope i dont regret it later on.

I am afraid you may if you don't show them that boundaries are not always a bad thing. I know I have a friend and she is divorced and the father is not the nicest person in the world but she over compensates for that by being too nice to her kids. They have no sense of limits at all and it can be seen in their everyday life by other people and how they actually treat people. I am not saying you have that problem just if kids don't have those limits they have no idea when to hold back. I know it is hard but sometimes being hard is how we show our kids just how much we do love them.