Better player? Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan..

Better player? Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan..

• Kobe Bryant

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Michael Jordan

Votes: 29 76.3%

• Total voters

Keneke

EOG Enthusiast
Re: Better player? Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan..

MJ by a long shot.

Good to see Kobe is finally getting his just rewards.

Ask the question again in a few years when Kobe is a bit more mature.

The question is better player. ITS A TOSS - UP. BETTER LEADER Jordan in a LANDSLIDE.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Is this a real question? :+clueless

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

rjt721

EOG Master

It's closer than most people think. There's nothing MJ could do that Kobe can't. I'm sure someone will point to MJ's .497 career FG% to Kobe's .453%, but those numbers are skewed because more points were scored in MJ's era and defenses weren't as advanced, i.e. no zone defense.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

It's closer than most people think. There's nothing MJ could do that Kobe can't. I'm sure someone will point to MJ's .497 career FG% to Kobe's .453%, but those numbers are skewed because more points were scored in MJ's era and defenses weren't as advanced, i.e. no zone defense.

LOL.... Killer Instinct, smarter player, better defender.... many things he was better at. Its not all physical but very mental as well. MJ was the smartest player to ever play the game. He was truly a coach on the court. He made Phil's job so much easier

munson15

I want winners...

Gotta go with Jordan, was the unquestioned leader of all 6 title winning Bulls teams, and never disappeared in the big moments.

I thought this was a joke at first...

NO ONE has ever dominated the NBA like Michael did...

He was so much better than #2 at the height of his career...

5 star bomb

EOG Master

LOL me 2.... I thought it was a joke but then again most of gyno's posts are jokes

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

It is getting closer but I'll go with MJ for now.

Jordan easily. I posted this before. Defenses much more physical during the Jordan era. Jordan was double and triple teamed a lot.

No one touched Kobe the whole SA series. 0 fouls against one game and 1 another game.

When the Bulls played Det and the Knicks in the playoffs they use to try and beat up on Jordan.

Jordan would score 70 is no one was going to foul him when he drove to the hoop like SA let Kobe do.

And they aren't in the same league defensively either.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Jordan - in four years - Jordan too - but in reality Kobe is just as good - they are extremely similar - Jordan was so great at getting to the rim and dunking that the awe factor will never allow Kobe to pass him - does anyone really the Sonics and Payton or Malone's Jazz or the Trailblazers were championship quality teams like the Spurs or Celtics? - the only teams worth anything from the 90's were the Bulls and Rockets and Jordan was retired when the Rockets emerged

rjt721

EOG Master

He was never fouled the whole SA series. What are you talking about?
Was kidding.

With the exception of late in Game 5, he shot mostly jumpers in the SA series. Also, the league is now set up as such that you can't commit hard fouls at the rim for fear of being hit with a flagrant foul and risking suspension. Wasn't like that 10-20 years ago.

Look, I'm not saying Kobe's better than MJ -- you can't put him ahead of Mike at this point. However, Kobe's in the prime of his career, he's winning title No. 4 in the next couple weeks, and the Lakers will be considerable title favorites for the next 3 years as well. He's got a realistic shot at 6+ titles, at which time this discussion will be even more warranted. Sure, MJ's ahead of him right now, but Kobe's at least in the argument after the Lakers beat the Celtics with ease (which is inevitable). This isn't a knock on MJ... Just says how good Kobe is.

Apple

Banned

LOL me 2.... I thought it was a joke but then again most of gyno's posts are jokes

hilarious coming from you.. lol

you of all people, no one considers your opinion to be relevant. well maybe your friends, the imaginary ones..

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

These 2 players are dead even, its hard to seperate them.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

But, isn't the NBA better now? Aren't the players better, bigger, faster and stronger then they were in the 80s?

Take away the very elite players from the 80s and ask yourself how good were the lowest rung players back then as opposed to now.

This question is such a joke. If Shaq wasn't around before Kobe would be working on title #1. If he loses this series will all this silliness go away? I mean geez the guy got his MVP in a beauty contest, but he wasn't the best player in the league this year. His numbers are down from last year, but as we all know he got a lot more help this year. So standing back and letting your teammates do more somehow makes you an MVP?

Kobe is a very productive player with an attractive game that has lots of skills, but this talk of how great he is just borders on laughable. This is the same guy who was ready to bail on his team less than a year ago after all. Would MJ have ever done such a ridiculous thing? No, he'd take it as a personal challenge.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

much closer than the average person thinks. Zone defenses make for more sophisticated ways of double teaming. Average Joe idiot doesn't realize what I am talking about though. Voted MJ though, but it is not a landslide.

Apple

Banned

royalfan,

Who do you like in the Bos/LA series? BTW good to see you bud.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

At first glance LA is better. Plenty of time to figure that out though and how the 2-3-2 affects it. Got other fish to fry for now though, like what pitchers are available for who in the college baseball tourney.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

much closer than the average person thinks. Zone defenses make for more sophisticated ways of double teaming. Average Joe idiot doesn't realize what I am talking about though. Voted MJ though, but it is not a landslide.

No... it is a landslide pal. not even close and I like Kobe