Barack Obama is NOT a Christian

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
Barack Obama Is Not a Christian

<!-- Share This --><!-- by
-->
By Cal Thomas
Syndicated columnist/FOX News Contributor
Religion is a topic that makes most journalists uncomfortable, unless they can expose hypocrisy ? as in preachers who speak of virtue while carrying on an affair ? or outrage such as Rev. Jeremiah Wright and the doings at Barack Obama?s now former church in Chicago. Most journalists think taking religion seriously might require them to study the claims of various faiths and too many of them have already decided this might lead them to a faith higher than themselves or politics and they don?t wish to take such a journey of personal discovery.
That is too bad, because such an attitude exposes one of the main gaps between most Americans ? who believe in God ? and most journalists, who don?t.

An exception is Chicago Sun-Times columnist Cathleen Falsani, who interviewed Obama in 2004 for her book, ?The God Factor: Inside the Spiritual Lives of Public People ?and asked him specific questions about his religious beliefs.
?I?m rooted in the Christian tradition,? said Obama, who has declared himself a Christian. But then he adds something that most Christians will see as universalism: ?I believe there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people.?
Falsani correctly brings up John 14:6 (and how many journalists would know such a verse, much less ask a question based on it?) in which Jesus says of Himself, ?I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.? That sounds pretty exclusive, but Obama says it depends on how this verse is heard. According to Falsani, Obama thinks that ?all people of faith ? Christians, Jews, Muslims, animists, everyone ? know the same God.? (her words)
If that is so, Jesus wasted his time coming to Earth and he certainly did not have to suffer the pain of rejection and crucifixion if there are ways to God other than through Himself.
Here?s Obama telling Falsani, ?The difficult thing about any religion, including Christianity, is that at some level there is a call to evangelize and proselytize. There?s the belief, certainly in some quarters, that if people haven?t embraced Jesus Christ as their personal savior, they?re going to hell.? Falsani adds, ?Obama doesn?t believe he, or anyone else, will go to hell. But he?s not sure he?ll be going to heaven, either.?
Here?s Obama again: ?I don?t presume to have knowledge of what happens after I die. When I tuck in my daughters at night and I feel like I?ve been a good father to them, and I see that I am transferring values that I got from my mother and that they?re kind people and that they?re honest people, and they?re curious people, that?s a little piece of heaven.?
Any first-year seminary student could deconstruct such ?works salvation? and wishful thinking. Obama either hasn?t read the Bible, or if he has, doesn?t believe it if he embraces such thin theological gruel.
Obama can call himself anything he likes, but there is a clear requirement for one to qualify as a Christian and Obama doesn?t meet that requirement. One cannot deny central tenets of the Christian faith, including the deity and uniqueness of Christ as the sole mediator between God and Man and be a Christian. Such people do have a label applied to them in Scripture. They are called a ?false prophet.?
I hope some national journalist or commentator with knowledge of such things asks Obama about this and doesn?t let him get away with re-writing Scripture to suit his political ends.

</DIV>

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: Barack Obama is NOT a Christian

Cal Thomas? ... Ghees .... cant get Coulter's comments?

Got news for ya ...

He is as much a Christian as George Bush

Kellen

EOG Member

Good to hear hes not a christian. Im still not voting for him but I like him better now.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Lets see ...

Obama is not a Christian
Obama hates White "bitter" folks
Obama is a Muslim
Obama has a Pastor who doesnt watch FOX NEWS
Obama is a shitter bowler
Obama admitted to doing Coke as a Young Man
Obama did not serve in the Military
Obama is an "Appeaser"

WELL .... HE IS A "WELL ROUNDED" CANDIDATE !!!

IGAMBLER

EOG Addicted

The Christians are a sub-group of the Hypocrites, who main industries are murder and fraud.

J

joeybagadonuts

Glad he's not a Christian- I know like him more, too bad he's not an atheist. I can't stand bible-beaters, and this includes Pres. Bush. I know ignorant people like Pioneer want someone who believes in fairytales, oh, I mean Christianity, but I for one, don't. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

I'm hearing that Mrs. Clinton is a lot of (campaign?) debt and by joining Obama as VP, he has enough funds to pay that debt off. My question is...How significant is that Debt she owes? Is it really a big deal for the wife of a President and a Senator in New York? Hard to imagine she is ANY financial trouble.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Cal Thomas used to be the COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR of the MORAL MAJORITY-I SHIT YOU NOT!!! JERRY FALWELL'S MOUTHPIECE!!! PIONEER-NICE SOURCE!!!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

around 11 million from what I've read

her comment about McCain being ready and Obama not really pissed
off the Dem base ...

No way in hell he takes her as VP after the attacks on Obama from
the Clinton camp

I think its Richardson or Webb ....

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

When Obama takes the Oath of office,and swears on a Christian Bible,PIONEER, you can suck Cal Thomas' dick on Fox---with Hannity as the towel boy!!!! Just kill yourself by 5pm eastern time-and make the world a betterplace for the rest of us!!!What an asshole you are

I'm hearing that Mrs. Clinton is a lot of (campaign?) debt and by joining Obama as VP, he has enough funds to pay that debt off. My question is...How significant is that Debt she owes? Is it really a big deal for the wife of a President and a Senator in New York? Hard to imagine she is ANY financial trouble.

11 million in the red , most of it is personal loans from the Clintons

Hillary will set the record for most votes by any candidate in PRIMARY elections EVER, interesting.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

And McNUTS??? This old liar has flip-flopped on every major issue-except keeping us buried in Iraq forever!! Pioneer-it's after 5pm -are you dead yet???

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

McSame ....

Gonna be fun to see "Songbird" blow his gasket as Obama's camp is
1st class and aint gonna take shit of Rove who is running McBush's
campaign

This is gonna be fun to watch as McBush cant run on shit ... they
dont dare attack Obama's wife as Cindy McCain has shit that is
real deep

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Quick reminder:

Hitler .... Claimed to be "Reborn"

Bush ..... Claimed to be "Reborn"

Who says history doesnt repeat?

devilmann

EOG Addicted

First off, Cal Thomas is a shill for the religious right.

Secondly, this quoted statement by Obama is pretty much in line with my views and makes me even like him more.
Here?s Obama again: ?I don?t presume to have knowledge of what happens after I die. When I tuck in my daughters at night and I feel like I?ve been a good father to them, and I see that I am transferring values that I got from my mother and that they?re kind people and that they?re honest people, and they?re curious people, that?s a little piece of heaven.?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Part of Obama's speech tonite they just released:

. I honor that service, and I respect his many accomplishments, even if he chooses to deny mine. My differences with him are not personal; they are with the policies he has proposed in this campaign.

Because while John McCain can legitimately tout moments of independence from his party in the past, such independence has not been the hallmark of his presidential campaign.

It's not change when John McCain decided to stand with George Bush ninety-five percent of the time, as he did in the Senate last year.

It's not change when he offers four more years of Bush economic policies that have failed to create well-paying jobs, or insure our workers, or help Americans afford the skyrocketing cost of college -- policies that have lowered the real incomes of the average American family, widened the gap between Wall Street and Main Street, and left our children with a mountain of debt.

And it's not change when he promises to continue a policy in Iraq that asks everything of our brave men and women in uniform and nothing of Iraqi politicians -- a policy where all we look for are reasons to stay in Iraq, while we spend billions of dollars a month on a war that isn't making the American people any safer.

So I'll say this -- there are many words to describe John McCain's attempt to pass off his embrace of George Bush's policies as bipartisan and new. But change is not one of them.

Change is a foreign policy that doesn't begin and end with a war that should've never been authorized and never been waged. I won't stand here and pretend that there are many good options left in Iraq, but what's not an option is leaving our troops in that country for the next hundred years

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

More of his Speech tonite:

John McCain has spent a lot of time talking about trips to Iraq in the last few weeks, but maybe if he spent some time taking trips to the cities and towns that have been hardest hit by this economy -- cities in Michigan, and Ohio, and right here in Minnesota -- he'd understand the kind of change that people are looking for.

Maybe if he went to Iowa and met the student who works the night shift after a full day of class and still can't pay the medical bills for a sister who's ill, he'd understand that she can't afford four more years of a health care plan that only takes care of the healthy and wealthy
. She needs us to pass health care plan that guarantees insurance to every American who wants it and brings down premiums for every family who needs it. That's the change we need.

Maybe if he went to Pennsylvania and met the man who lost his job but can't even afford the gas to drive around and look for a new one, he'd understand that we can't afford four more years of our addiction to oil from dictators. That man needs us to pass an energy policy that works with automakers to raise fuel standards, and makes corporations pay for their pollution, and oil companies invest their record profits in a clean energy future -- an energy policy that will create millions of new jobs that pay well and can't be outsourced. That's the change we need.

And maybe if he spent some time in the schools of South Carolina or St. Paul or where he spoke tonight in New Orleans, he'd understand that we can't afford to leave the money behind for No Child Left Behind; that we owe it to our children to invest in early childhood education; to recruit an army of new teachers and give them better pay and more support; to finally decide that in this global economy, the chance to get a college education should not be a privilege for the wealthy few, but the birthright of every American. That's the change we need in America. That's why I'm running for President.

The other side will come here in September and offer a very different set of policies and positions, and that is a debate I look forward to. It is a debate the American people deserve. But what you don't deserve is another election that's governed by fear, and innuendo, and division

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Reno:

thought I would pass along part of his speech tonite

McBush on right now from LA .... My goodness ... Mr Non Charismatic

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

Quick reminder:

Hitler .... Claimed to be "Reborn"

Bush ..... Claimed to be "Reborn"

Who says history doesnt repeat?

i keep telling you to stop comparing bush with hitler. there is one major difference, hitler fought for his country.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by OSUCOWBOYS
Obama is more of a christian than you are Pioneer.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Lets see, grammar perfect, spelling perfect. Very good. Now when Pioneer retorts, you won't be a dumb ass for those reasons.

LOLOL....you're both dumb asses...Christian should be capitalized! But you're actually on the right track, AA...OSUCOWARD's grammar and spelling, as bad as they are, are the least of the reasons why he's a dumb ass.

Mr. Clean

EOG Enthusiast

I don't post much here, but I do remember how badly Pioneer was wired on Chrystal Myth.

Cal Thomas, that awful shitheel who used to work with the Moral Majority? Yep, that's a real good source, Pioneer.

Always remember one thing, Pioneer, the tolerance of religion IS the tolerance of mental illness for two reasons: it provides a basis for control for secular reasons, and it saves us all the cost of providing mental health facilities for all those who believe that a Jewish troublemaker who lived 2000 years ago and was the only 30 year old of his times who never had a girlfriend, but wasn't gay, was the son of God, something which in the normal course of events would be sufficient for a direct ticket to the cracker factory.

We tolerate you, Pioneer. Never forget that. We don't need you to tolerate us. We know bullshit and mental illness when we see it.

Ya, I know. I'm going to hell.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

1) Sez who?
2) So what?

Are you serious? I gave you more credit than that. The answer to 1) is in the article. The answer to 2) is rather obvious(hint: he's running for president).