How this NC dem state senator looks at finances and guess who will end up paying

State Sen. Julia Boseman and her former domestic partner have defaulted on a $1.3 million mortgage on a house in a ritzy subdivision near the Intracoastal Waterway.
The house is now expected to be sold at public auction later this month after Boseman and Melissa Jarrell, the head softball coach at the University of North Carolina Wilmington, failed to pay months' worth of bills on the loan from Regions Bank.
Boseman and Jarrell, who lived together and were raising a son before separating, had the mortgage on the house at 1526 Portsmouth Place in the Avenel Subdivision just across the bridge from Figure Eight Island.
According to evidence presented Wednesday at a hearing in New Hanover County Superior Court, Boseman and Jarrell hadn't made the $7,156 monthly payments on the house since Aug. 1, 2007.
The current principal balance owed to Regions Bank is $1,249,000, according to the court records. With interest and other fees, the total owed as of April 21 was more than $1.3 million.
According to online New Hanover County tax records, the couple purchased the property in June 2005 for $1,350,000. More than $4,700 in New Hanover County property taxes are also owed on the property, according to county tax records.
According to county records, Boseman transferred the property to Jarrell on April 25, effectively removing her name from the title.
"It is my ex-partner's house, and I haven't lived there in over two years," Boseman said in an interview Wednesday.
John Martin, Jarrell's attorney in the couple's recent custody case, said Boseman had her name taken off the home's title without Jarrell's knowledge, which Boseman confirmed.
He added that his client was resigned to the fact she would have to leave the house, which is her primary residence.
Boseman said she had done "everything in my power" to work with Jarrell to relieve Jarrell of the debt and have her taken off the note and title.
The Wilmington Democrat and real estate attorney is running for re-election to her third term representing New Hanover County in the N.C. Senate. She faces Republican attorney Michael Lee in the November election.
At the hearing at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Wilmington attorney Jim Bonner presented evidence on behalf of Kellam & Pettit, the substitute trustee handling the foreclosure for Regions Bank.
The house is now scheduled for public auction to the highest bidder at 10 a.m. June 25 at the New Hanover County Courthouse. Bonner said Boseman or Jarrell can still pay off the loan or make other arrangements with the lender before the sale.
"Obviously, a lot of things can happen between now and then," Bonner said. "It's not done until it's done."
Boseman said she doesn't plan to do anything about the debt.
"Unfortunately, it's gotten to this point," she said.
Boseman said the situation is "personal and private matter I hope will be resolved quickly, and in no way will it affect my commitment and dedication to working families and businesses in New Hanover County."

I've always heard that the Carolina's were full of scum but this
bytch takes the cake. She is a state senator, real estate attorney,
a dyke and a lefty. Fucks the bank so the cost get passed on.
Somebody should hang the bytch.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: How this NC dem state senator looks at finances and guess who will end up paying

Better yet ...

How does Ed McMahon get his home foreclosed on?

I guess they missed delivering that 10 mill dollar check to his home?

Re: How this NC dem state senator looks at finances and guess who will end up paying

Better yet ...

How does Ed McMahon get his home foreclosed on?

I guess they missed delivering that 10 mill dollar check to his home?

I think it was the Budweisers and the young chick he married.
she isn't a rocket scientist by any means

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I read that and was mystified ....

Now Evander Holyfield I can understand as he has like 20 kids with 19 difft
women but Ed McMahon?

I hope somehow at his age he aint getting screwed by whoever he "trusted"