Meaning Behind Your Posting Name?

Re: Meaning Behind Your Posting Name?

I wanted to start a Website, and had a dream wherein I worked for the "Starpost" newspaper, so I thought I ought to call the site "Starpost."

Problem: Starpost was already the domain name of a South African newspaper. So mine became Starpost9.

The site failed, but I figured... why waste a good domain name?

Btw, like Reno, I'd also like to ignore mofome. How do I do that?

Blondie

EOG Master

I wanted to start a Website, and had a dream wherein I worked for the "Starpost" newspaper, so I thought I ought to call the site "Starpost."

Problem: Starpost was already the domain name of a South African newspaper. So mine became Starpost9.

The site failed, but I figured... why waste a good domain name?

Btw, like Reno, I'd also like to ignore mofome. How do I do that?

go to your user cp scroll down to miscellaneous. You will see buddy/ignore list click on it put the usernme you wnt to ignore in the box and click on save list.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Bump for the many new posters........ :)

Prickly Pete

EOG Veteran

I am a Seinfeld fan. Costanza during his lie about having a house in the Hamptons had two horses - Snoopy and Prickly Pete.

Hache Man

Seriously considering a name change to 'Mike' :)

lol..........I bet!

Have also considered a change myself for own reasons, but we both know things would never be the same.......... :)

My name is Joeyfitz. I added the click because this is my internet name.

I thought it was quite clever.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

My name is Ray, I use to drive a cab and I'm a dago.:dancefool

Someone has taken a shovel and dug hole into the ground to find a coffin then raised it, ripped the doors off, and applied lightning directing to the neck-bolts of this thread to make me say:

Well, I'm a 33 year-old American, born and raised, and my choice of name "Amsterdam" is because I'm a fan of the city.

I've written about my travels somewhat exhaustively across the street and in private email correspondence.

I don't know, I should have chosen a different name I suppose because it may seem foolish that I, a simple man, should dare go by the name of such a historical and respected location.

Oh well!

Something I learned when I was locked up (and subsequently released with no criminal record): Never trust a guy named after a city!

Last edited:

Hache Man

Several newer posters thought we'd give them a chance to share with the rest of us........... :)

I equate "Truth" and "Gold", and I seek out both in one form or another.

"The truth is golden"