Ken Stabler arrested?

mofome

Banned
can anyone confirm or deny? heard this, but didnt see a link. apparently driving under the influence.

Re: Ken Stabler arrested?

Former Football Pro Kenny Stabler Arrested for DUI

Former NFL standout Kenny The Snake Stabler was arrested Sunday morning for drunken driving in Robertsdale. The arrest happened around 1am off of Highway 59. Stabler was later released on bond. The Foley Native has been arrested atleast twice before for drunken driving--once in 1995 and again in 2001. Stabler played for the University of Alabama before starting his 14-year NFL career as a quarterback for the Oakland Raiders, Houston Oilers, and New Orleans Saints.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Drunk driving in rurual alabama is not a big deal, nor should it be. Stabler is prob. innocent anyway as the snake can do no wrong in my eyes.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I remember one time it was a great trivia question ... dont know how many
years ago they got displaced ...

question was what University had accumulated the most career passing
yrds in the history of the NFL? it was Alabama for a while with Richard
Todd, Scott Hunter, Joe Namath, Bart Starr, Ken Stabler, etc

I remember one time it was a great trivia question ... dont know how many
years ago they got displaced ...

question was what University had accumulated the most career passing
yrds in the history of the NFL? it was Alabama for a while with Richard
Todd, Scott Hunter, Joe Namath, Bart Starr, Ken Stabler, etc

Jeff Rutledge, Brodie Croyle.

SPORTSbyBROOKS ? Stabler’s Now An Unholy Roller: 3 DUIs Since ‘95Stabler’s Now An Unholy Roller: 3 DUIs Since ‘95

<!-- foobar --> Former Raiders quarterback Kenny Stabler was known as “The Snake” in his playing days, but has turned out to be no less slithery than when his playing days wound down 24 years ago.
Stabler tried to escape the pocket while driving under the influence of alcohol Sunday. But he was stopped short by police (unlike the San Diego Chargers in 1978) in Robertsdale, Alabama.

Stabler refused the breathalyzer test and spent the night in jail. From NBC 15 ONLINE, based in Mobile:
  • The arrest happened around 1am off of Highway 59. Stabler was later released on bond. The Foley Native has been arrested at least twice before for drunken driving–once in 1995 and again in 2001.
I’m sure he drove the way he ran back in his playing days: fast, wobbly, and better than anyone else. But even in Alabama? Come on, dude. The Snake obviously didn’t learn anything from his first two arrests. It might be time to bring a boot down on this Snake.
http://www.finebaum.com/

mr merlin

EOG Master

These bogus charges will be thrown out! No way he did it, look at him though, he looks kinda old for 62.

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

Kenny is Raider royalty.

He gets a free pass from me for anything he does. :LMAO

Should be a hall of famer. He was great at the 2 minute drill. Would party the night before a game and would still rally his troops for a victory.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

The HOF allowed Namath in ... compare the 2 Bama qbs:

Stabler 194 tds / 222 ints / 27938 yds / 59.8% / 4 time Pro Bowler

Namath 173 tds / 220 ints / 27663 yds / 50.1% (NOT ONE SEASON
WHERE NAMATH COMPLETED HIGHER THAN 52.9% !!) / 5 time Pro Bowler

pvcpipe

EOG Master

nothing better than listening to a liquored up snake call a bama game with eli gold.

really going to miss it.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

apparently he is in some tax trouble, as well. a lawyer buddy of mine in foreclosures mentioned to me last year they were foreclosing on his lakehouse.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

No, orange is the color for the "yo gabba gabba" guy.

I think the snake is the only guy to have actually thrown an NFL game. Broadway Joe was hanging out with celebs, the press loved him. The snake hung out with the mob, could not care less about celebs or the press. Even the nicks said it all. Broadway Joe, the Snake. However, they are both fall down drunks. Stabler was a cult hero in NorCal, even the spokeperson for Santa Rosa Chevrolet. They probably gave him a case of Jack Black for that gig. He led a team of misfits and cheats, even criminals to Super Bowl glory. Only time he saw the training room if he was so hungover he walked into the wrong room by accident.

OF...:party

munson15

I want winners...

Kenny is Raider royalty.

He gets a free pass from me for anything he does. :LMAO
I am with you on that, Jimmy. Met him at a function, and he couldn't be a nicer guy, besides all the thrills he gave me as a Raider. I am sad though, that he may have hurt himself or others in this incident.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The guy was actually a three sport athlete. And he got his nick from running, and snaking though defenses. Bama fans may disagree, but I think his Run in the Mud play was maybe the best play in school history. Especially for the conditions, and over hated rival Auburn. He did that over and over in the NFL, and would have been immortalized if not for the immaculate reception illegal play that followed his td scramble. After so many hits to the knees, players would aim for them back then, he became the most accurate passer of the day. Guy could hit intermediates all day long, throw through the center of the tire 15-20 yards out, every single throw. Back then you had about a 12 inch box to hit at that range because defenders could mug receivers. Stabler was the ultimate gamer/leader.

OF... :cheers

munson15

I want winners...

The guy was actually a three sport athlete. And he got his nick from running, and snaking though defenses. Bama fans may disagree, but I think his Run in the Mud play was maybe the best play in school history. Especially for the conditions, and over hated rival Auburn. He did that over and over in the NFL, and would have been immortalized if not for the immaculate reception illegal play that followed his td scramble. After so many hits to the knees, players would aim for them back then, he became the most accurate passer of the day. Guy could hit intermediates all day long, throw through the center of the tire 15-20 yards out, every single throw. Back then you had about a 12 inch box to hit at that range because defenders could mug receivers. Stabler was the ultimate gamer/leader.

OF... :cheers
Very well said, and all true, Frog. Thanks, I was a huge fan of his, and can't for the life of me understand why he hasn't made the HOF. He was a truly legendary player.