Celtic Playoff ride further proof of how great Lebron James is.....

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
The Celtic's toughest team and opponent so far has been none other than Cleveland. That team is decent at best and maybe a non playoff team without James. That guy single handidly almost beat the Celtics. I said it before several times and I will say it again (I know it is harsh, and I know it is a little offensive maybe to some but it is the absolute truth) if anyone criticizes James (and there are a few) then you have no clue about basketball. None. James is the total package with undeniable greatness. What a fantastic player. He will win multiple NBA championships before he is done and be known as one of the absolute elite to have ever played. Paul Pierce has come on the national scene to many but not me. I have known and seen being in Boston how good he really is. He has been our leader and carried us at times in the playoffs. Pierce has been spectacular. When he played against James he was overmatched. Pierce did very little until game 7. James had to content with the Celtic team defense (and we are all seeing how great that is) and got better as the series went on. Best part of james though is his ability to pass and control the game from the forward position the way very few have. As passing forwards there is Bird and James and that is it. Finally the dummies who criticize James like to compare him to Jordan. I mean what a joke. Different players from different eras and that is so hard to compare. James is 23 vs the greatest player in the history of sports (as voted by ESPN on the big rankings). How unfair could you possible be??? Can you see the idiocy in trying to compare ANYONE to the greatest athlete of them all let alone a 23 year old? If you know basketball you can visibly see how talented and great James is. He just gets it. He is calm and cool and leads by expample. He says the right thing too. The Celtics surge in the playoffs has further proved how great james is. The almost beat the Celtics twice in Boston. When James gets an all star to help him then watch out. Scary.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: Celtic Playoff ride further proof of how great Lebron James is.....

lakers blew a big lead in game 1.

lakers blew biggest lead in game 4.

they should have closed it out last night.

royboy

EOG Dedicated

maybe lbj wouldn't have let that happen... shoulda woulda

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

You are off base. Celtics DESTROYED the Lakers in the 2nd half in game 1. Men against boys. You got no argument there. You had the lead and Celtics took control. As far as game 4, you had a 24 pt lead at home and lost. Blame the team. There are no excuses when that happens. Only tears, whining and "what ifs".......

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Tom- I just want to bang my head against the wall every time you say that about James. The Bulls/Det and Bulls/Knicks games heading into the finals were physically brutal and tougher D.

http://forums.eog.com/online-sports...cussion/espn-ranks-jordan-2-4-7-a-140145.html

This is not about Jordan. Did you read my initial post?? What does Bulls/Det and Bulls/Knicks have to do with my post? I do not get it? As a matter of fact, I said just the opposite that it is a silly comparison. This is not about MJ, or Larry Bird or Peyton Manning.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

The Celtic's toughest team and opponent so far has been none other than Cleveland. That team is decent at best and maybe a non playoff team without James. That guy single handidly almost beat the Celtics. I said it before several times and I will say it again (I know it is harsh, and I know it is a little offensive maybe to some but it is the absolute truth) if anyone criticizes James (and there are a few) then you have no clue about basketball. None. James is the total package with undeniable greatness. What a fantastic player. He will win multiple NBA championships before he is done and be known as one of the absolute elite to have ever played. Paul Pierce has come on the national scene to many but not me. I have known and seen being in Boston how good he really is. He has been our leader and carried us at times in the playoffs. Pierce has been spectacular. When he played against James he was overmatched. Pierce did very little until game 7. James had to content with the Celtic team defense (and we are all seeing how great that is) and got better as the series went on. Best part of james though is his ability to pass and control the game from the forward position the way very few have. As passing forwards there is Bird and James and that is it. Finally the dummies who criticize James like to compare him to Jordan. I mean what a joke. Different players from different eras and that is so hard to compare. James is 23 vs the greatest player in the history of sports (as voted by ESPN on the big rankings). How unfair could you possible be??? Can you see the idiocy in trying to compare ANYONE to the greatest athlete of them all let alone a 23 year old? If you know basketball you can visibly see how talented and great James is. He just gets it. He is calm and cool and leads by expample. He says the right thing too. The Celtics surge in the playoffs has further proved how great james is. The almost beat the Celtics twice in Boston. When James gets an all star to help him then watch out. Scary.

Lebron is a stud, no doubt.
Good post.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Lebron aint Kobe.

Just as Kobe aint Jordan.

Kobe, imo, will surpass Jordan in points scored, which is the only real way you can rate players in the NBA. After all, the object of the game is to score points last time i checked.

So as of right now Abdul-Jabbar is the greatest NBA player of all time? :+clueless

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

So as of right now Abdul-Jabbar is the greatest NBA player of all time? :+clueless

The way i look at it this.

if you don't think the guy with the most points is the best player, than the person (or people) you think are BETTER have to have done something else INDIVIDUALLY that makes them better. But, i think that the amount of points scored is a good base to start a discussion and then you go from there.

OK. So in your opinion KAJ is the best of all time for right now? Correct?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

OK. So in your opinion KAJ is the best of all time for right now? Correct?

I'm not saying that the guy with the most points is automatically the best player. What i AM saying is that if you think a person who has more points isnt' as good as someone with less points, you need a reason or reasons to back up that claim. If you dont have any specific reasons, than the guy with the more points is better.

Lets take this hypothetical case. Lets say Kobe finishes his career with 34,000 points and is a couple thousand ahead of Jordan. If you want to make the case that Jordan is better than Kobe, you have to come up with a reason WHY the guy with less points was better. I'll listen to any argument you want to put forth as to what makes a guy with 32,000 points better than a guy with 34,000 (in this hypothetical example). And then, we can go from there and discuss all the pros and cons.

Apple

Banned

LeBron>>Kobe

I've been saying this for a long time.. LeBron has no help whatsoever if he was given some players around him. SHIT

I'm not saying that the guy with the most points is automatically the best player. What i AM saying is that if you think a person who has more points isnt' as good as someone with less points, you need a reason or reasons to back up that claim. If you dont have any specific reasons, than the guy with the more points is better.

Lets take this hypothetical case. Lets say Kobe finishes his career with 34,000 points and is a couple thousand ahead of Jordan. If you want to make the case that Jordan is better than Kobe, you have to come up with a reason WHY the guy with less points was better. I'll listen to any argument you want to put forth as to what makes a guy with 32,000 points better than a guy with 34,000 (in this hypothetical example). And then, we can go from there and discuss all the pros and cons.

Though I choose not to debate with you as to whom is better between Kobe and MJ, you are at least presenting MUCH MORE of a sensible line of discussion than you were last night. :cheers

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Though I choose not to debate with you as to whom is better between Kobe and MJ, you are at least presenting MUCH MORE of a sensible line of discussion than you were last night. :cheers

I thought i was always sensible, i just had too many nitwits attacking me from all sides personally, that i was just trying to survive. I was doused in blood and had the sharks circling!

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

BUMP

Any takers want to respond to the first post who are "hoops genius's"? Smile.

How did he single handidly almost beat the Celtics? Atlanta went 7 games with Bos. James stunk it up shooting 35% in the series with 5.29 turnovers/game. He single handidly blew the series for Cle. Maybe one of the worst playoff performances of all-time.

He was getting open looks and missed lay-ups. I felt sorry for the guy.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I am shocked, have u watched? :doh1

And how can you say the same motivation would have been there in game 5 for Boston already up 3-1?

you are way off here IMO.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Raiders, you are one of my favorites and a great poster and gambler. But I have heard too much from you in hoops and lets just say that, that is not your forte to say the least. I choose to ignore your hoop comments. This was directed at a few others and not you. Peace bro and you got mail!

Journeyman

EOG Master

Raiders, you are one of my favorites and a great poster and gambler. But I have heard too much from you in hoops and lets just say that, that is not your forte to say the least. I choose to ignore your hoop comments. This was directed at a few others and not you. Peace bro and you got mail!

LOL

I'm still trying to figure out his forte.

I'm shocked at a lot of the basketball comments I've been reading around here of late.

admittedly it's not my strong suit currently. But if you go back to the 80s, 90s and early to mid 00s I've watched as much basketball as anyone and love to talk about it. In fact, even though not my favorite posters, JMan and Frog really know their hoops from that era.

I haven't watched much regular season basketball this year but have watched the playoffs. The regular season means nothing to me other then numbers and I don't enjoy the NBA currently. Did James show up for the series against Bos?

Last edited:

Also, what do you have to compare James to when I haven't seen you talk about anything other then Kobe and James. I'll now stay out of the thread.

Last edited:

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Post #1 here is more than solidified now. James is one incredible player and almost pulled it off this year. Unreal. This guy is going to win many championships. Remember how bad Cleveland was this year? When he gets talent then he is going to dominate. Pierce was great but James was clearly betterin their matchup.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Post #1 here is more than solidified now. James is one incredible player and almost pulled it off this year. Unreal. This guy is going to win many championships. Remember how bad Cleveland was this year? When he gets talent then he is going to dominate. Pierce was great but James was clearly betterin their matchup.

You won't find one post where i ever knocked James....in fact i have said the exact same thing several times....James is way ahead of were Jordan was at the same age.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

You won't find one post where i ever knocked James....in fact i have said the exact same thing several times....James is way ahead of were Jordan was at the same age.

I respect that you said that. James is scary scary good. One of those rare players. He has the vision, his strong, the athletic ability, the attitude, the guts and the competativeness to be as good as their is. Good line Jman.

Journeyman

EOG Master

That doesn't mean he will end up with 6 titles, I think before it's over James will win his share....he has very little help, an ancient Ben Wallace was obviously not the answer....get the man a guard who can also pass.

I hope he stays in Cleveland...it would be terrible to see James end up in NY or LA just because of location.

Cleveland must get the man another major player, the same way the Giants f 'd around with Barry , never getting him much help, Cleveland is doing the same thing....Mark Cuban wouldn't be nickle and diming it , he gets it.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

Lebron james is not great.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

That doesn't mean he will end up with 6 titles, I think before it's over James will win his share....he has very little help, an ancient Ben Wallace was obviously not the answer....get the man a guard who can also pass.

I hope he stays in Cleveland...it would be terrible to see James end up in NY or LA just because of location.

Cleveland must get the man another major player, the same way the Giants f 'd around with Barry , never getting him much help, Cleveland is doing the same thing....Mark Cuban wouldn't be nickle and diming it , he gets it.

Good point about him moving. Yes, it would be a shame. I am fearful that once he gets some players he is going to win an awful lot. I hope not though. I agree that he will win his share.

marlboro8425

EOG Senior Member

I dont think anyone will question you as lebron being a great player, but he did miss that layup late in the game, similar to ewings missed finger roll against the pacers. He is still young and has to learn how to make the big shots on a more frequent basis, and i think he will start to do that in a couple years. He is just not there yet. And he wont win multiple rings unless they get another borderline all star type of player. it also took boston 7 games to beat the Hawks, who were below 500....was celeveland really their toughest opponent?

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Here is how ridiculous your post is and it is ridiculous. Lebron stunk 5 and a half games. Did you watch these games? You come on now completely forgetting how bad he played just like every idiot who bows down to James. With your assessment Joe Johnson is also better then Kobe right? Atlanta took them 7 games to. And another thing the Lakers are not as stack as we are led to believe. The two foreign black hair kids i would take Wally easier over those two stiff. Gasol was awful so i think i would rather take Iggy at center. Fisher was brutal so West is about a push and Farmar stunk. Odom is another overrated player. I would rather take what Wallace offers defensively then what Odom gives ya. So now just because Lebron, playing poorly i might add, got them to seven games Joe Johnson is the next big thing?

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I dont think anyone will question you as lebron being a great player, but he did miss that layup late in the game, similar to ewings missed finger roll against the pacers. He is still young and has to learn how to make the big shots on a more frequent basis, and i think he will start to do that in a couple years. He is just not there yet. And he wont win multiple rings unless they get another borderline all star type of player. it also took boston 7 games to beat the Hawks, who were below 500....was celeveland really their toughest opponent?

Exactly!!

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Tom Brady is the male version of Identity. They are easy pickens for the ESPN'S of the world.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Well, Cleveland gave them the best series by far. It went 7 and they had a chance Late to win a couple in Boston. hawks went 7 but got killed in boston, detroit 6 and lakers 6. Also Celts were not close in Cleve either. Well james will get better for sure. James does not have the team. I agreee he wil get better but any help at all in game 7 and they could have won. He also was in the finals last year and faced the mighty spurs with no help. If he had help they might have win already. Scary. it is hard to hit all the shots all the time when you are the only stud. Good post.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

If he had not faced the almighty Celtics would he still be great? Jordan was not great until he won rings. King James actually had a weak series by his normal lofty standards. Last year they made Finals and poof, he was not great. Barely good. Great players don't play great losing series, they win them. I am happy the Celtics won it all. But I cannot use great and Lebron in the same sentence yet. Hopefully he will earn it instead of being appointed by the media grovelers.

OF...:+clueless

If he had not faced the almighty Celtics would he still be great? Jordan was not great until he won rings. King James actually had a weak series by his normal lofty standards. Last year they made Finals and poof, he was not great. Barely good. Great players don't play great losing series, they win them. I am happy the Celtics won it all. But I cannot use great and Lebron in the same sentence yet. Hopefully he will earn it instead of being appointed by the media grovelers.

:cheers

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I know what you are saying but i do not agree. I mean is KG much better today than yesterday??? I say no. He is great now but not before? I say not true. He got fortunate enough to be on this team and made it happen. He was unfortunate enough to be on those Twolves teams. You need help. He is the same player today as he was before he won a champsionship.