Gas grill Question ?....

Re: Gas grill Question ?....

Doug,

I used to work for a hardware store and they had gotten to where the cheaper models you had to buy everything that went with it separate. That was their catch.

Doug,

I used to work for a hardware store and they had gotten to where the cheaper models you had to buy everything that went with it separate. That was their catch.

I don't expect the LP tank, but I just want to know if the thing is supposed to have a lower grate, to spread a layer of rock upon, to distribute the heat. It appears not.

Upon closer examination, I find parts that don't appear properly attached. I bought it at the ghetto Lowe's, I think I'll return it to the more upscale Lowe's, where they might build it better.

I was trying to avoid assembling it myself, grills are a pain to put together. Jose/Malik that puts this same one together daily should have this model down pat, as its a big seller, but I guess not ?

I don't need a huge, expensive grill.

I might be better off getting it in the box, and doing it myself, at this point. I don't trust the people doing the assembly.

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

doug,
Forget all that shit and get back to Sports Betting, thats what makes Us different from the rest of the Public. They worry about Grills and things, We worry about sports Capping. :thumbsup:cheers

Why not just go to Chili's?

costs almost more in gasoline to go there than the tab would be, you think like my wife does,Jeff ! Chili's is only OK anyway, but 20+ miles away from this Bullshit area my wife has living in.

She talks about selling.... great with me... I hate CT... I back off of leaving USA as a compromise, she wants to move 20 miles away, I think more like Texas,Arkansas,Florida,NC,NM.etc. No way I move 20-30 miles away !

It's just a matter of time until I get divorced, been the worst 6 years of my life, I hate that disappointed feeling of waking up alive in the morning !

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

I bought a grill about 2 years back, it was around $300. No rocks came with mine either. Luckily, it's on a deck.

I don't expect the LP tank, but I just want to know if the thing is supposed to have a lower grate, to spread a layer of rock upon, to distribute the heat. It appears not.

Upon closer examination, I find parts that don't appear properly attached. I bought it at the ghetto Lowe's, I think I'll return it to the more upscale Lowe's, where they might build it better.

I was trying to avoid assembling it myself, grills are a pain to put together. Jose/Malik that puts this same one together daily should have this model down pat, as its a big seller, but I guess not ?

I don't need a huge, expensive grill.

I might be better off getting it in the box, and doing it myself, at this point. I don't trust the people doing the assembly.

It is the fact that your grill may be missing parts. I know our store used to pay outside people that would come in and assemble anything we needed for a certain fee. It may be that you just take it back and inspect the new one a little more carefully.

I bought a grill about 2 years back, it was around $300. No rocks came with mine either. Luckily, it's on a deck.

Is it supposed to use a layer of rock ( to distribute heat evenly, or not?). On the old one, there was a grate ( below the the cooking grate) to spread the coals/ volcanic rocks upon, this one doesn't have it.

Is this normal ?

To rephrase my question.... "Do gas grills normally have this rock layer or not ?".

I don't need a grill that is half the size of a car, to cook a few burgers.... don't want charcoal,either.

Doug,

Very simple here... Go and get some lava rock and disperse them in the lower bowl area surrounding the gas flame elements.

Doug,

Very simple here... Go and get some lava rock and disperse them in the lower bowl area surrounding the gas flame elements.

Maybe, but there is normally ( to my experience) an air space between the burner ( a 2nd grate, that is flat).

I think I'll just return the thing, and buy a different model. Part of the appeal of this one was the smaller size.

I see no reason why gas grills have become so large. The big ones aren't expensive, for $3-500 you can get one that's half the size of a Buick.

I'm not grilling for a AA baseball team.