TATTOOS: I DON'T GET IT?!

Why do most people get tattoos on their bodies? They are painful and almost impossible to remove.

Is it to look kewl? Is it a way of expressing yourself to be unique from others? Is is a fashion statement?

I'd love to understand because I don't get it? :pop:

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

Apple

Banned
Re: TATTOOS: I DON'T GET IT?!

Good question.. I'd like to know this myself, I've been tempted to get a tattoo and I really don't know why.. Boredom?

Blondie

EOG Master

I think the reason would vary from person to person. There would not be a universal reason for getting one.

kid44

EOG Dedicated

At 47 years of age without any I cannot understand either. All my younger friends are getting inked up.

Ray Allen said it best when he was asked why he did not have any. "I could not permantly mark my body with something that is there forever. My uncle has them from the service and they look nothing like they used to."

I always ask people why and they all say each one has a meaning. Big deal. How will it look in 20-30 years. Very costly to remove also.

mofome

Banned

<TABLE id=ctl00_cpMain_UserViewPictureControl_ImageListings1_dlImageList style="WIDTH: 820px; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 25%" vAlign=center align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

texansfan

EOG Master

It seems as though just about everyone either had one or got one while I was in the service. It's just something that's never really interested me I guess.

texansfan

EOG Master

I would guess there are many reasons people have them. Mo has stated that his have to do with his parents I believe. Some people get them because it's the thing to do. Some get them because they are in the military.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

My buddy has one of a heart on his left bicep and it says mom in the middle of it. i think thats cool. i kinda agree with shrink though, i wouldnt get a tat i dont think

Apple

Banned

A tattoo artist once told me that it's a jinx to have your significant others name tatted on..

mofome

Banned

I got my moms initials, my dads nickname, and im getting each of their birthdays. i like how they look and, for some reason, i just feel proud to have something about my parents attached to me at all times.

12io4j2w90

5 star bomb

EOG Master

I got my moms initials, my dads nickname, and im getting each of their birthdays. i like how they look and, for some reason, i just feel proud to have something about my parents attached to me at all times.

12io4j2w90

:cheers 91023i2ndw;l

12io4j2w90

And then there were 2...:cheers

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

I can not tell you why, as I do not have any Tattos. I think one or two well placed tattoos On a guy is sexy, but not a big deal ether way. I always sorta thought of it as tribal.. Symbol of Definition..

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Why do most people get tattoos on their bodies? They are painful and almost impossible to remove.

Is it to look kewl? Is it a way of expressing yourself to be unique from others? Is is a fashion statement?

I'd love to understand because I don't get it? :pop:

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

Same here, I don't get it either....

However, I do respect those who more bold than those of us who are conservative. Not something I want to be, but I still admire it/them...

mofome

Banned

Same here, I don't get it either....

However, I do respect those who more bold than those of us who are conservative. Not something I want to be, but I still admire it/them...

I had to read this reply twice to understand it. Interesting POV, i like it.

12io4j2w90

Ah, exactly what are you doing there in Miami?

I should have been clearer..

semen contra is what i was referring to...:rolleyes:

It is a strong aromatic, bitter drug, imported from Aleppo and Barbary, said to consist of the leaves, peduncles, and unexpanded flowers of various species of Artimesia...

Where is your mind? :+clueless

Tattoos are just becoming too mainstream these days.

It you're really interested in violating social convention and propriety, you gotta go with the piercings. Nothing says bizarre likeThe "tackle box" face with those saucer-sized ear lobe things that you only used to see in National Geographic.

The Devil

EOG Master

PROBABLY FOR PERSONAL TASTE............I WAS KNOWN AS THE EAGLE FOR MOST OF MY LIFE.......SO I HAVE AN EAGLE........

PAINFUL??? ONLY A WIMP WOULD THINK THEY ARE PAINFUL........STING SURE.............PAINFUL NO............

I should have been clearer..

semen contra is what i was referring to...:rolleyes:

It is a strong aromatic, bitter drug, imported from Aleppo and Barbary, said to consist of the leaves, peduncles, and unexpanded flowers of various species of Artimesia...

Where is your mind? :+clueless

In Maryland :devil:

I'm 39 and I don't have any, but almost all of my younger friends have ink...

Some look ok....but what gets me is the oddly placed tattoo....you see some HOT chick with a tattoo on her thigh, calf or tittie and you think WHY????

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

i'm almost 34 and i don't have any.my father at 57 the other day told me his wife wanted him to get one on his upper arm and i told him i'd kick his ass if he did.he told me he would kick my ass when i was young if i ever got one and now i'm returning the favor.i have uncles and relatives that have 'em.i actually had a boss tell me one time he hired me because i was the only one with no tattoos,pretty strange.

SOME OF THEM ARE PRETTY SHARP ON YOUNG PEOPLE...

BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE SOME OF THESE TRAMP STAMPS WHEN THESE CHICKS TURN 50