EOG posters, Create the BEST NFL contest

mofome

Banned
Re: EOG posters, Create the BEST NFL contest

yeah we'll have more than one, but we want to get something that a lot of people will play in and also have very good prize money.

all bucs contests are good.

32 person buy-in, just like Bucs "Getting to know ya'" NBA Contest

Everyone gets a team selected for them. The team you get, you predict they either cover or don't cover

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

And we'll see what we can do. The best thing possible for the NFL season.

Here is a contest i ran on aol back in the day. On Thursday, Sunday and Monday nights you would have five units those particular nights. Also at the 1.00 clock time slot on Sundays i gave everyone ten units to do with what they wanted and at 4pm another ten units. So on Sunday you can bet let say 4 games at one oclock say 3 units on 3 of the games, and 1 unit on the fourth game. Or you could put all ten on one game or on a total. On like a MOnday night (or Sunday and Thursday) you can bet three units on the team and 2 units on the over and under or vice versa. Or just bet 5 on the total or five on the game. The best part of this contest was it was real time betting and not a contest where you have to put everything in at a certain time. There were about 75 people in it and it took me about three hours to score. It got better when everyone finally had the rules straight. Plus you get to see the pulse of a handicappers feelings at all time slots. I don't know about others but my picks can change with a simple line move and putting my 4pm oclock games in before 12pm just sucks in my opinion. One tidbit of advice Mo is that you better watch you don't burn yourself out with these contest cause it will happen. Get all the help you can get and make sure the guy is sincere.

ballwonder

EOG Master

32 person buy-in, just like Bucs "Getting to know ya'" NBA Contest

Everyone gets a team selected for them. The team you get, you predict they either cover or don't cover

I like that one alot also.

I'd like to see one where all you give is your top pick for the week ATS (either side or total). Once you lose a certain number of times (say twice), you are out. Contest continues on until only one person is left.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

i like the idea of a "bankroll", everyone starts with the same dollar amount and has to make a certain amount (% or $'s) by the end of the seaon. minimum amount of wagers specified, when you bust you are out. the players can keep track of their own "bankroll" in their own thread monitored by a mod....

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Pick the board ATS each Sunday. The person with the most correct, wins for that week. Monday Night tiebreaker.

But we keep standings for full season to give the top 3 overall grand prizes.

We had this across the street. BHB sponsored. It was an amazing contest. BHB gave away over 20K. It was free to enter.

This was 5 yrs ago. Times have changed.

But the contest itself is still really fun!

The problem with the "survival" contest is that you decrease poster interest early and weekly. As people lose their picks and are disqualified, they lose all interest in the contest.

If it's a season long contest, and you want to keep the most people involved for the duration, in addition to the winner, give some sort of token prize for last place. Otherwise, people drop out early once they see they can't win.

(Also, fading people trying to pick losers can be fertile ground for finding winners.)

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Pick the board ATS each Sunday. The person with the most correct, wins for that week. Monday Night tiebreaker.

We had this across the street. BHB sponsored. It was an amazing contest. BHB gave away over 20K. It was free to enter.

this is what it was....

Here is the information again. It is never too late to join!

Prizes and Rules:

$1000/weekly prize (3x roll-over). (in order to collect the 1K, you must have played at least 700.00 dollars worth of action at BHB in the past month. If you haven't then you can still win 500 (very generous).

- All posters must pick the SUNDAY Board.(sides only) Also make sure to post a total score for the Sunday Night game. That will be the tie breaker. The posted score closest to official score, whether higher or lower, will break the tie. The poster with the best record will receive the 1000.00 dollars. In case of tie (highly unlikely) they split the weekly prize.

GRAND PRIZE - (3x rollover)
- The poster with the most wins for the season will win the grand prize of $5000.
- 2nd will receive $3000.
- 3rd will receive $2000. If there are ties at the end of the season, the cash will be split.

- Also for the grand prize, the poster must have an active account with BHB by Oct. 1st. or the grand prize will be cut in half.

The contest is free for everyone. If you don't have an active account at BHB, then you win half. If you have an active account, then you win full prize money.

"Active account" You must give at least $200 in action per week, or give at least $700 in action per month.

All Picks must be in by Saturday Night 12AM PST...no exceptions.

Please make sure to post all you plays from the Sunday Board in one post. And any edited post after Saturday Night 12AM PST, will be voided and you will receive no credit for that week....No Exceptions

The lines will be posted every Thursday morning in the conetst forum!

Once again, a Huge Thanx to BHB for sponsoring this great contest! An exteremly generous book, with a great group of guys at the top, who are always there to help!

Wilson

EOG Dedicated

Alot of people claim to be able to hit 55% of their games, why not make that the challenge?

mofome

Banned

i like the idea of a "bankroll", everyone starts with the same dollar amount and has to make a certain amount (% or $'s) by the end of the seaon. minimum amount of wagers specified, when you bust you are out. the players can keep track of their own "bankroll" in their own thread monitored by a mod....

:cheers

:cheers Like that one MC

Journeyman

EOG Master

for a contest like this or for me to post on friday?

i have till 8:15.

I was making a joke about the post, it said 'it's never too late to enter' :houra

now shut the power off and see you tomorrow.:+waving-5

JH85

EOG Addicted

I like this idea.

:cheers

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

These type of contest "pick the whole board" Or "put all your games in at 12 " Who the hell handicaps like this? The contest i suggested is almost spot on, on how people handicap. You get to see everyone's true thoughts at one oclock and can run back and check out a guys thoughts at 4. And Like Jones say's make prizes to keep people involved the whole season. Stop with these contest that make you put in games eight hours before they even start. All this is for is to make it easier on the score keeper which is assine if you want a good tool for the pulse of a handicapper. Get a contest close to real time wagering and I will offer to help keep score and im sure others will as well.

Wilson

EOG Dedicated

hit 55% and what? anyone who hits 55% over 70-80 plays is a winner?

Someone here said they could win 55% of their posted plays and EVERYONE said NO WAY. If it is impossible to do, wouldn't that be a great contest?

The Hilton contest is the best format pick 5 sides a week 1 point awarded for win .5 for push and 0 for loss could include totals if you wanted to

The Hilton contest is the best format pick 5 sides a week 1 point awarded for win .5 for push and 0 for loss could include totals if you wanted to

Yes, Five picks, fixed accesssible-to-all lines, easy to grade. No room for disputes to crop up.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

You can get in that type of contest anywhere. There is still lots of time and if we all put our heads together maybe we can come up with something that most will be interested in and most will follow it till the end.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Yep, and there's a reason for that.

And by week nine 75 percent will be dropping out. You have a contest like mine with a weekly prize along with a grand prize keeps most of the people in till the end. Whatever you guys decide. I gave my thoughts. Tally ho. :+waving-5

If you start getting too cute with these contests allowing varying percentages of bankroll on bets, placed at different times with varying lines, you wind up with an accounting nightmare that rivals a Florida presidential vote count.

The fewer the variables, the fewer the headaches.

Apple

Banned

A last man standing contest wouldn't hurt either..

Everybody pick one game a week and if you lose YOU'RE out. Last man standing wins the whole prize.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

If you start getting too cute with these contests allowing varying percentages of bankroll on bets, placed at different times with varying lines, you wind up with an accounting nightmare that rivals a Florida presidential vote count.

The fewer the variables, the fewer the headaches.

Glad you are not my bookie.

Jeffy its not that hard just a little time consuming. I did a whole season by myself. Yes i was kinda burnt out but with one reliable person to help out it would have been a breeze.