Who is the most intimidating NFL player of all-time? It's not Ray Lewis

Dick Butkus

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sxR9qYSHt8U&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sxR9qYSHt8U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SSLP

EOG Senior Member
Re: Who is the most intimidating NFL player of all-time? It's not Ray Lewis

I AGREE 100%
Brian Urlacher tried playing his role only to fail there will never be a meaner player than THE MANIAC

I love watching his stuff great vid Raiders

I AGREE 100%
Brian Urlacher tried playing his role only to fail there will never be a meaner player than THE MANIAC

I love watching his stuff great vid Raiders
:cheers

ronnie lott just b/c he cut off a finger to stay in the game!

Nascar_Bobby

EOG Addicted

Jack Lambert is not in the league of Butkus.

Tatum hit players incredible hard.

When I saw the words, "intimidating NFL player", only one person came to mind. DICK BUTKUS.

Thanks for the link to the Youtube clip.

There's Tatum...

and after that come Creampuffs.

If you're a ten-year-old girl, it's gotta be Rafael Septien. . . .

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Butkas far and away. I did not see him but there are stories. OH there are stories. He once cheap shotted a young OJ SImpson who went back to the huddle and told everyone that Butkus just gave him a cheap shot....everyone ignored him. They wanted no part of Butkus. He used to stand over the QB as he camet to the center and call his mother every name in the book. I have a couple of old time die hard fans and two names stand out in football:

1. Jim Brown is the best RB of them all. PERIOD.

2. Dick Butkus is the toughest, meaningest, most vicious player ever.

Oh yeah, you know what Butkas (former Bear) comment is on Brian Urlacker in Chicago? He said urlacker does not hit hard enough. We did not see him but you gotta love Dick Butkas. Urlacker had no comment either.

Jack Lambert is not in the league of Butkus.

Tatum hit players incredible hard.

When I saw the words, "intimidating NFL player", only one person came to mind. DICK BUTKUS.

Thanks for the link to the Youtube clip.
:cheers

raiders i say lets make this more interesting...who was the most intimidating NFL player of each decade starting from the 60's...leaves more room for debate!

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Dick Butkus

<OBJECT height=344 width=425>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sxR9qYSHt8U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT>
</P>
What a great video. You can see how tough he was. Boy did he hit. he was quick too across the field.

Raiders, the question now is who is tougher Butkus or Froggie?

What a great video. You can see how tough he was. Boy did he hit. he was quick too across the field.

Raiders, the question now is who is tougher Butkus or Froggie?
Butkus doesn't run away from women. nuff said.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Butkus doesn't run away from women. nuff said.

LOL...you just cracked me up.

Butkus was VICIOUS and great. What a damn football player. That video got me all pumped up. Can't wait.

BTW, Ray Lewis and Urlacker are both GREAt but neither can hold a handle to Butkus as far as toughness. Fact!

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Ronnie Lott, ncaa and pros.

Receivers feared him...

Best Wishes...oF :cheers

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Good call Froggie on Lott. He was a hitter.

Raiders, Lewis is INTENSE on the field. Very intense...but I would NOT call him that intimidating. He is very qucik for a linebacker making many tackles.

Good call Froggie on Lott. He was a hitter.

Raiders, Lewis is INTENSE on the field. Very intense...but I would NOT call him that intimidating. He is very qucik for a linebacker making many tackles.
Can't think of anyone else off hand.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Can't think of anyone else off hand.

Me either but I bet there are a few. Froggie might have the right idea with the safeties. CALLING ON JMAN? Calling on Jman. Lil help.

We will get it Raiders, no problem.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Art Monk one of the greatest receivers of his time said Lott hit him so hard he was never the same. And in money games like the Super Bowl, Ickey Woods was ripping up the 49ers. Ran for big gains first 4 runs. Lott cames to sideline and told Ray Rhodes defensive coordinator, funnel him to me, I'll put a stop to it. Very next play Lott leveled him and himself, a human missile collision. Ickey did not even look up after that, ended up with close to no yards in the game after that, and never really played well again. Many players on the field said it was the hardest hit they ever witnessed. He hit as hard if not harder than a LB. And excelled at 3 different positions, CB, FS and SS. Invented the term running through the player. Landry said after 49ers dethroned his squad Lott was the most dominating secondary player he ever saw. Even the players voted him hardest hitting, all time. He ended players careers. I saw him throw forearms and elbows right across players jaws after picks if they were not looking. He just dropped people, like no one before or after.

OF...:cheers

panther

EOG Dedicated

lots of good choices in here

but have to go with the butkus

munson15

I want winners...

Dick Butkus

<OBJECT height=344 width=425>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sxR9qYSHt8U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT>
</P>Was going to say Butkus before I opened the thread, thanks for the video.

munson15

I want winners...

mike curtis
Another great choice, I loved to watch him play. I especially liked it when he decked the inebriated fan who ran out and tried to steal the game ball while the teams were huddling.

munson15

I want winners...

I like Butkus for the 60s
Lambert for the 70s
Once we got into the 80's the league had legislated intimidation out of football, but I'd have to say Taylor or Lott for that decade if pressed.