Now THIS is funny

Craig and Vitter - the best sponsors you could get?

Sens. Larry Craig and David Vitter have co-sponsored the re-introduced Marriage Protection Amendment, according to a report from PageOneQ. If the bill makes it through, it would amend the U.S. Constitution to say that marriage is only between a man and a woman.

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"With a Democratic controlled Congress it is unlikely the bill will be brought up for a vote in either the Senate or House of Representatives," PageOneQ says.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]
[/FONT]
Sure, there's nothing to really worry about as far as the outcome of this measure, which has been around since 2000. But really?

Really David Vitter? You are a known client of the late D.C. Madam. You slapped your wife, Wendy Baldwin Vitter, in the face by flushing your "sacred union" down the toilet.

And Larry Craig - is this your way of trying to prove to the country that you're not gay? We're not buying it.

Blog Index - Southern Voice Online

Re: Now THIS is funny

I guess, once a sinner always a sinner and the man be damned forever?

It is nothing compared to Ted Kennedy's repeated re-election
as well as any bill he sponsors on womens rights etc on and on.

I guess, once a sinner always a sinner and the man be damned forever?

It is nothing compared to Ted Kennedy's repeated re-election
as well as any bill he sponsors on womens rights etc on and on.

Real, do you see me defending Ted Kennedy in any way?

What the hell does Ted Kennedy have to do with anything? The post merely points out the raw, unadulterated hypocrisy practiced by those who are pandering to the Bible-thumping wack-jobs. . . .

What the hell does Ted Kennedy have to do with anything? The post merely points out the raw, unadulterated hypocrisy practiced by those who are pandering to the Bible-thumping wack-jobs. . . .

Typical diversionary tactics. Let's not talk about A, let's talk about B.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Why don't you guys cut this shit out? April fools was a few months ago. this has to be bogus. Is it? :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Real, do you see me defending Ted Kennedy in any way?

No I don't but as you and 4625 can't seem to see .....
my reply just points out how hypocritical almost
all politicians are. I just used one example of one prominent Senator.
Also, although Vitter and Craig made fools
of themselves they committed no felonies nor injured another
person.
I am not defending either Vitter or Craig, they made their choices
and showed their humanity by their mistakes.
But that the voters re-elect and the colleagues still applaud these
men shows the bigger picture.

But I will not knock a politician for having an affair or any sexual
act with another adult. They aren't preachers.
Also, no matter what anyone says, I will agree with the proposal and I
am sure the people in their(Vitter and Craig) states agree. So they are
just representing the people of their states. THAT IS WHAT THEY WERE
ELECTED TO DO.
Glad you get humor from them doing their job.

So, their constituents elected them to waste their time on ridiculous amendments that will go absolutely nowhere? Sorry pal, it's thataway back to the 15th century and the Inquisition; you can keep your religion out of my Constitution. . . .
Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see congresscritters--especially those like these two bozos--wasting time on diversionary issues like this than causing trouble with another unnecessary law, but hypocrisy will always be pointed out from this corner. . . .

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

So, their constituents elected them to waste their time on ridiculous amendments that will go absolutely nowhere? Sorry pal, it's thataway back to the 15th century and the Inquisition; you can keep your religion out of my Constitution. . . .
Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see congresscritters--especially those like these two bozos--wasting time on diversionary issues like this than causing trouble with another unnecessary law, but hypocrisy will always be pointed out from this corner. . . .

46 why is it that people who point out liars and hypocrites are always labeled liberals or left?

Because it's easier to attach a label and then attack that label, than it is to respond to the argument. . . .

Also, although Vitter and Craig made fools
of themselves they committed no felonies nor injured another
person.

Regardless of what you or I think of Senator Edward Kennedy, the fact remains that in the eyes of the LAW, Ted Kennedy has committed no crime. I won't argue with you over what happened at Chappaquiddick nor the events before and after the accident. Ted Kennedy has committed no crime.

Also, I'd like for you to point out the provision of the Constitution that grants Craig, Vitter, or any other member of Congress to propose and pass the particular legislation in question.

mr merlin

EOG Master

I tried the "wide stance" of craig's this morning and the result was shit all over the back of the toilet seat!

Regardless of what you or I think of Senator Edward Kennedy, the fact remains that in the eyes of the LAW, Ted Kennedy has committed no crime. I won't argue with you over what happened at Chappaquiddick nor the events before and after the accident. Ted Kennedy has committed no crime.

Also, I'd like for you to point out the provision of the Constitution that grants Craig, Vitter, or any other member of Congress to propose and pass the particular legislation in question.

Congress can pass any law they want to Mr Constitutional Authority. Surely you know that. Of course someone then can challenge it and have the courts strike it down.

Congress can pass any law they want to Mr Constitutional Authority. Surely you know that. Of course someone then can challenge it and have the courts strike it down.

100% incorrect. You have taken on the more contemporary attitude of the American citizen that looks to government for all the answers.

Procedurally, it's only a resolution proposing an Amendment to the Constitution. Thankfully, amending the Constitution is exceedingly difficult, amongst other things, it requires the voters of 38 states to vote for it. . .Ain't gonna happen here. . . .