Who is the most famous person that knows you personally?

Re: Who is the most famous person that knows you personally?

my nephew knows Jamarcus Russell pretty well but myself have never met him.

As in "personally", someone you are on a first name basis with I assume ??

JuiceBox

EOG Senior Member

Cris Carter and Butch Carter are from my hometown. I've spoke with both and shot hoops one evening w/ Butch. Wouldn't say I know them per se, but have spoken w/ both on several occasions.

munson15

I want winners...

Did you meet her before or after the tsunami?

munson15

I want winners...

How do you know him Munson? he is younger than you right? Pretty cool.
Got to meet him a couple of times while they were negotiating to bring their AAA affiliate to Scranton. My brother was the county commissioner at the time and invited me to meet some fo the brass in NY and here when they were schmoozing. He was a nice guy, talking about trades, plans for pitchers, etc. Said to look him up whenever I go to NY for a game. Sat in one of the owner's boxes for the 2006 playoffs vs. Detroit. And, yea, he is at least 8-10 years younger than me.

FRITZ PETERSON

worked with him, had many a beer with him, and attended a few baseball games with him.

SHOCKING MOMENTS IN BASEBALL HISTORY #6 (espn):

6. Mike Kekich, Fritz Peterson swap lives
The big story of spring training, 1973, was that Yankee pitchers Mike Kekich and Fritz Peterson, who had been teammates and friends since 1969, had gone the free-swinging '60s sexual revolution one better -- they had not only swapped wives, they had, as Kekich said, swapped lives.
It began in 1972, when the couples, on a double-date, joked about wife-swapping. A while later the joke became reality, as Marilyn Peterson and Susan Kekich sometimes switched beds. Finally, during the offseason, Mike moved in with Marilyn, and Fritz moved in with Susan. They had swapped it all -- wives, houses, cars and kids. "We didn't do anything sneaky or lecherous," explained Susan. "There isn't anything smutty about this."
Before long, Mike and Marilyn split, but Susan and Fritz got married in 1974.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Got to meet him a couple of times while they were negotiating to bring their AAA affiliate to Scranton. My brother was the county commissioner at the time and invited me to meet some fo the brass in NY and here when they were schmoozing. He was a nice guy, talking about trades, plans for pitchers, etc. Said to look him up whenever I go to NY for a game. Sat in one of the owner's boxes for the 2006 playoffs vs. Detroit.

Nice seats! Cool.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I have a couple close friends who are in the hollywood tv and movie industry and are good friends with many famous people. I've met a few stars, but they don't know me.

I don't know offhand if any stars know me...they probably do not, but i guess anything is possible.

I'm friendly with a guy who was in one episode of saved by the bell and friendly with another guy who was in one episode of The Wonder Years, but these people are not all that famous, but had their 15 minutes of fame at one point.

P2M

EOG Member

Peyton Manning

Used to work as a ballboy for the Colts back in high school and used to pick up his dry cleaning, pick up people from the airport, basically do bitch work for him! We play golf every now and then, when he's in town... Wasn't bad though for some nice coin! He's a hell of a nice guy!

Ron Woods, lead guitarist of the Rolling Stones.

He pissed on my leg while staggering up drunk to the pee trough at Lillie's Bordello in Grafton Street in Dublin. It doesn't get much more personal than that, especially if you're German, which I'm not.

He said, "Sorry, mate" and I said "No worries".

Nothing since then, though.

Black Bart

EOG Addicted

Interesting question.

The current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff was my first commanding officer in the navy when he was just Commander Mike Mullen, but I doubt he has any recollection of me personally.

I went to college with the son of a former NFL HOFer, himself a well-known guy. I don't think the old man would know me by name, though we had lunch together a year or two ago with a number of people.

There are a few other minor sports pseudo-celebrities that I know/who know me fairly well including a local sports anchor, a local sports radio talk host (though I haven't spoken to him in years), a current NCAA head basketball coach, and a current or soon to be out of work NHL assistant. I grew up with one of the docs that performed the Schilling bloody sock surgery--he and I attended a Sox game last month together, though he is no longer in the employ of the Red Sox.