The worst closer in baseball is........

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated
Joe Fucking Borowski.........and its not close......god knows I look to see if they have cut him every single day. Give me Doug Jones from back in the day over this chump.....hell even ernie "macho man" Camacho.

:mad:

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Re: The worst closer in baseball is........

he had his only real good year with the Cubs, but even then u felt like he was just barely hanging on , every game...he didnt have an "out pitch"...you just had to hope they hit it where we were.....

With the good teams cleveland has had, not sure why they havent upgraded at closer yet

rjt721

EOG Master

Good call. Borowski is definitely the worst at the moment. Guy has absolutely nothing on his ball. Even the few times he's effective, hitters have great swings against him.

billy wagner
silly. Joe B. struggles mightily, Gagne is all out of juice (pun intended). I'd take Wags over these 2, lol.

Closers have actually been pretty solid this year.

Currently Street and Lyon have hit some bumps.

rjt721

EOG Master

Gagne's no longer the closer even when he returns from the DL.

Apparently the Brewers don't have scouts because there's no other reason a team would hand him $10 million guaranteed after what he showed for the Red Sox last season. They let Linebrink go and picked up Gagne. Good call. :doh1

the ape

EOG Addicted

is turnbow still around i havent seen his name in the box scores

Gagne's no longer the closer even when he returns from the DL.

Apparently the Brewers don't have scouts because there's no other reason a team would hand him $10 million guaranteed after what he showed for the Red Sox last season. They let Linebrink go and picked up Gagne. Good call. :doh1
They let Cordero (who is good) leave and bought Gagne for 10 milli ... and the Brewers are still gonna win the Central IMO.

rjt721

EOG Master

is turnbow still around i havent seen his name in the box scores
Designated for assignment by the Brewers in May. No one picked him up and he was sent to Milwaukee's AAA team. Doesn't look like he'll be back in the bigs anytime soon -- his numbers at AAA Nashville: 1-1, 9.20 ERA, 14.2 IP, 34 BB, 3.14 WHIP.

34 walks in 14.2 IP... that's tough to do.

Designated for assignment by the Brewers in May. No one picked him up and he was sent to Milwaukee's AAA team. Doesn't look like he'll be back in the bigs anytime soon -- his numbers at AAA Nashville: 1-1, 9.20 ERA, 14.2 IP, 34 BB, 3.14 WHIP.

34 walks in 14.2 IP... that's tough to do.
He never learned how to pitch. Always been a thrower. Now his confidence is gone, and he is nothing. I'd be suprised if you ever see him again, his fastball will steadily decline to 95 mph, and who doesn't throw 95 now out of the bullpen?

rjt721

EOG Master

They let Cordero (who is good) leave and bought Gagne for 10 milli ... and the Brewers are still gonna win the Central IMO.
They attempted to re-sign Cordero but the Reds offered him more.

Linebrink, who's probably been the best setup man in baseball for the ChiSox, signed for $4 million.

Actually impressive that they're still in the race with Gallardo out and the likes of Gagne and Guillermo Mota at the back end of that bullpen.

They attempted to re-sign Cordero but the Reds offered him more.

Linebrink, who's probably been the best setup man in baseball for the ChiSox, signed for $4 million.
How much more did Cordero get than Gagne? Gagne's 10 million to Cordero's ______ .... they should've got a loan and ate that difference lol

rjt721

EOG Master

How much more did Cordero get than Gagne? Gagne's 10 million to Cordero's ______ .... they should've got a loan and ate that difference lol

Not a huge difference in terms of annual salary -- 4 years, $46 million total for Cordero, while Gagne was just a 1-year deal.

Milwaukee offered him 4 years and $42 million with the hope he'd take a bit of a "hometown discount" to return to Milwaukee.

gravy

EOG Addicted

he had his only real good year with the Cubs, but even then u felt like he was just barely hanging on , every game...he didnt have an "out pitch"...you just had to hope they hit it where we were.....

With the good teams cleveland has had, not sure why they havent upgraded at closer yet

Because Ownership wont spend money on any Free Agents bottom line and when they do pay players they overpay a DH in Hafner who was on the juice,a journeyman pitcher in Westbrook who has arm problems and then wont sign CC their best pitcher to a contract.Ownership thought since they went to the ALCS last year that things would be status quo well guess what NOT.WTG Dolan and Shipiro enjoy the empty seats at Progressive field you idiots and way to screw up my baseball season in this long hot summer.:mad:

Because Ownership wont spend money on any Free Agents bottom line and when they do pay players they overpay a DH in Hafner who was on the juice,a journeyman pitcher in Westbrook who has arm problems and then wont sign CC their best pitcher to a contract.Ownership thought since they went to the ALCS last year that things would be status quo well guess what NOT.WTG Dolan and Shipiro enjoy the empty seats at Progressive field you idiots and way to screw up my baseball season in this long hot summer.:mad:
maybe I'm naive but I don't think Hafner was a juicer. Things have just not gone his way since he got beaned in the head with a rocket ball. Played hurt all this year. He still looks as big physically to me this year as he did any other year unlike guys like Pudge Rodriguez (who lost so much muscle you assume he must've acquired cancer) Giambi etc

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated

Brother I feel your pain.....My family and I had season ticks for years and years and saw some REALLY bad teams and this one is right up there. I disagree with Hafner juicing though2938u4ji23 .....his right arm has been hanging by a thread for years and I think that thread has snapped.

gravy

EOG Addicted

R.I.P Joe Blow Borowski :+excited- :cheers

gravy

EOG Addicted

Brother I feel your pain.....My family and I had season ticks for years and years and saw some REALLY bad teams and this one is right up there. I disagree with Hafner juicing though2938u4ji23 .....his right arm has been hanging by a thread for years and I think that thread has snapped.

This is all Im going to say about Hafner and jucing.If you remember 2006 when he had his great year was about the same time the steroid issue was becoming a major topic in MLB.Than look at the following season and how his numbers slightly delined.If you have photos from him than and now he looks alot smaller than he used to be.Just a little sceptical that all of a sudden he signs that big free agent deal to stay with Cleveland and his numbers decline.

Yeah Gagne, can't believe that he played for Red Sox :eek:

This is all Im going to say about Hafner and jucing.If you remember 2006 when he had his great year was about the same time the steroid issue was becoming a major topic in MLB.Than look at the following season and how his numbers slightly delined.If you have photos from him than and now he looks alot smaller than he used to be.Just a little sceptical that all of a sudden he signs that big free agent deal to stay with Cleveland and his numbers decline.
I would certainly entertain this argument if you could show me how he physically looks different from 3 years ago to now. I just don't see it.

mofome

Banned

yeah, its hard to argue with todd jones.

2938u4ji23