Does anyone here own PSL's or been longtime season ticket holders?

Just curious to know who here has season tix to any major sports team, and do you go to the games or re-sell them for profits? I am addicted to selling tix on ebay and CL. Good profits too...

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: Does anyone here own PSL's or been longtime season ticket holders?

I'd love to get season tickets to either the NHL Ducks or Kings. I'd want really good seats and i'd also want to have the 'rights' to those seats for as long as want to own them.

I'd love to get season tickets to either the NHL Ducks or Kings. I'd want really good seats and i'd also want to have the 'rights' to those seats for as long as want to own them.

Haha, too funny. If the Kings and Ducks put in a PSL requirement they would find few takers. PSLs only work when there is a ton of demand, like in the NFL or some NCAA foots and baskets situations. Lots of baseball teams have tried this out only to find they could sell maybe 10k seats and the other 30k or more seats go license free.

Nascar_Bobby

EOG Addicted

I am on the waiting list for the Packers and Steelers. I think I will try for some Eagles.

This is something you can make money at. You just need to have very good business sense.

My best strategy is avoid buying tickets in advance and buy them at the game.

Apple

Banned

This is something I'd be very interested in, whats the least amount you could start with?

You have to put alot of money out there first. Out of all the season seats I have I would say the Charger tickets have been the most profitable. Because here in Southern California we have so many fans who like different teams in the NFL. So people pay big bucks to see their team play. NFL fans will travel to see a game.

Nascar: I am on the waiting list for the Cubbies #82,592, Seahawks 4 years, and Broncos 13 years..those are the longest waiting lists I am in.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

I am 5,013 on the Cubs waiting list.... My dads buddy has season tickets in the 200 level and makes 20k a year selling his tickets and gets to go to 10 games or so for free

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

Long time College football season ticket holder, 10 years now.

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

5 Star, what happened to your good avatar?

I am 5,013 on the Cubs waiting list.... My dads buddy has season tickets in the 200 level and makes 20k a year selling his tickets and gets to go to 10 games or so for free
I have had my eye on that for years man. Hopefully Im there when I retire, if not I can pass it on to my kids.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

I have had my eye on that for years man. Hopefully Im there when I retire, if not I can pass it on to my kids.

yeah its a good idea just to get on the list. The problem is no ticket holders get rid of them and IF they do they either sell them to family or friends. What we need to happen is the Cubs to suck for like a good 5 years and just be horrible but as a Cubs fan I dont want to see that. haha

This is something I'd be very interested in, whats the least amount you could start with?
I started with the Lakers then the Chargers. I am not a Charger fan but I bought season tickets so I can watch New England play when they visit the "Q"...

yeah its a good idea just to get on the list. The problem is no ticket holders get rid of them and IF they do they either sell them to family or friends. What we need to happen is the Cubs to suck for like a good 5 years and just be horrible but as a Cubs fan I dont want to see that. haha

That is how I ended up with great Chargers seats. Before they became a great football team they had their mediocre years and I quickly went down to the field level. I also have Cleveland Browns PSL's I purchased from a guy in Medina, Ohio. So I am excited about this year's young team.

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

Yep, I pretty much go to all home games, and TX-OU weekend. The only time I miss is if I have a good friend getting married that weekend, but if we aren't that close, I skip the wedding and go to the game. I am at the point where everyone is getting married.

LOL I myself am getting married on NFL Opening Day Weekend...

oh hell ya. its huge, im a little over 5k on that list and I dont expect to get them for 15-20 years

Wow interesting. I went to a game in Wrigley in 2003 and they didn't even come close to selling the place out, probably had 5,000 empty seats.

LOL I myself am getting married on NFL Opening Day Weekend...

Wow you are screwed man. The wife is going to want you to do shit with her every opening weekend from now on.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Wow interesting. I went to a game in Wrigley in 2003 and they didn't even come close to selling the place out, probably had 5,000 empty seats.

so there was roughly 37 k in the crowd then. That is still a good attendance. They get a good crowd no matter what, win or lose

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

I agree, Congrats, but what are you thinking?, That is what this spring and summer are for.

Thanks fellas...

I know when we circled the date I had no idea we were getting married on the same day NFL kicked-off. I'll just take bathroom breaks every now and then and check the scores on my blcakberry,lol.

so there was roughly 37 k in the crowd then. That is still a good attendance. They get a good crowd no matter what, win or lose

I didn't say it was a bad crowd and bleachers were still full, just surprised there are thousands on a waiting list for season tickets thats all. Season tickets to a baseball team is insanity though, I can't stand going to more than 3-4 games a year. 81 is ridiculous. Plus I bet half the games are tough to sell off, I mean Tuesday night games against mediocre teams must be tough except for seasons when the team is playing like they are right now.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

I didn't say it was a bad crowd and bleachers were still full, just surprised there are thousands on a waiting list for season tickets thats all. Season tickets to a baseball team is insanity though, I can't stand going to more than 3-4 games a year. 81 is ridiculous. Plus I bet half the games are tough to sell off, I mean Tuesday night games against mediocre teams must be tough except for seasons when the team is playing like they are right now.

maybe in other cities sure... but trust me Cubs tickets are not hard to sell at all.

Check this out...This is an email I received from the Cubs. From what I have seen these last 2 years if you have good seats in Wrigley no matter what day they won't sell below face value.

Thank you for checking your place on the Cubs Season Ticket Wait List.

Your current place on the Wait List is 82592.

To check your place on the Cubs Wait List at any time, or for more information, go to cubs.com/waitlist.

Unreal, no wonder why Tribune wants to sell them. Definitely at peak value right now if they have nearly 100,000 people in line for season tickets.

That's why I want to get season tickets of teams who I know have fans who are loyal to their team (i.e Cubs,Packers,Steelers,Red Sox, etc.)
I have had Laker season tickets for 6 years counting this past season. I always had my seats in the nose bleed level (section 333) as soon as Kobe demanded the trade all the so called Laker fans dropped their season tickets. I got a call from the Laker ticket office and I took that risk and went down to section 206 (behind the free throw line) knowing Kobe might walk out. I took that risk...and it was well worth it. Made huge money in the playoffs.

Deuce

EOG Addicted

Lions and Wings