If the Drays still had Josh Hamilton they would be the best team in bases

munson15

I want winners...
Re: If the Drays still had Josh Hamilton they would be the best team in bases

They may be the best team without him. I said Cubs and Rays a month ago. Answer-False.

Excuse me, they're just the "Rays" now, not the DRays. Gosh, do I have to teach you boys everything about sports?!

Speaking of the Cubs, interesting tidbit:

Rule 5 draft

Hamilton was selected third overall in the MLB portion of the 2006 Rule 5 Draft by the Chicago Cubs, as the Rays had not placed him on their 40-man roster.<sup id="cite_ref-9" class="reference">[10]</sup> The Cubs then traded Hamilton to the Cincinnati Reds in exchange for money.<sup id="cite_ref-10" class="reference">[11]</sup> In their coverage of the draft, Chris Kline and John Manuel of Baseball America called Hamilton "the biggest name in the Rule 5 in years."<sup id="cite_ref-11" class="reference">[12]</sup>

5 star bomb

EOG Master

i wish the cubs kept him instead of trading him away. could you imagine if the cubs had him in cf?

If you combine Hamilton stats with Cincy last year and with Texas thru June 28th, he would have 622 AB's which would basically be what an everyday player would get in a season. Look at these numbers!!!!
Major League

<table style="border: 1px solid black; text-align: center;" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr style="background-color: black; color: white;"> <th width="35">Year</th> <th align="left" width="20">Age</th> <th align="left" width="60">Team</th> <th align="left" width="20">Lg</th> <th width="25">G</th> <th width="25">AB</th> <th width="25">R</th> <th width="25">H</th> <th width="25">2B</th> <th width="25">3B</th> <th width="20">HR</th> <th width="25">RBI</th> <th width="20">SB</th> <th width="20">CS</th> <th width="20">BB</th> <th width="20">SO</th> <th width="30">BA</th> <th width="30">OBP</th> <th width="30">SLG</th> <th width="30">OPS</th> <th width="25">TB</th> <th width="20">SH</th> <th width="20">SF</th> <th width="25">IBB</th> <th width="25">HBP</th> <th width="25">GDP</th> </tr> <tr> <td>2007</td> <td align="left">26</td> <td align="left">Cincinnati</td> <td align="left">NL</td> <td>90</td> <td>298</td> <td>52</td> <td>87</td> <td>17</td> <td>2</td> <td>19</td> <td>47</td> <td>3</td> <td>3</td> <td>33</td> <td>65</td> <td>.292</td> <td>.368</td> <td>.554</td> <td>.922</td> <td>165</td> <td>0</td> <td>2</td> <td>4</td> <td>4</td> <td>6</td> </tr> <tr style="background-color: rgb(211, 211, 211);"> <td>2008</td> <td align="left">27</td> <td align="left">Texas</td> <td align="left">AL</td> <td>80</td> <td>324</td> <td>52</td> <td>101</td> <td>19</td> <td>3</td> <td>19</td> <td>79</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td> <td>28</td> <td>59</td> <td>.312</td> <td>.359</td> <td>.565</td> <td>.924</td> <td>181</td> <td>0</td> <td>8</td> <td>2</td> <td>2</td> <td>5</td> </tr> <tr style="background-color: black; color: white;"> <td colspan="4" align="right">Totals:</td> <td>169</td> <td>618</td> <td>104</td> <td>186</td> <td>36</td> <td>5</td> <td>38</td> <td>125</td> <td>5</td> <td>3</td> <td>60</td> <td>124</td> <td>.301</td> <td>.363</td> <td>.560</td> <td>.923</td> <td>346</td> <td>0</td> <td>10</td> <td>6</td> <td>6</td> <td>11</td></tr></tbody></table>

A tad over .300 BA 38 HR's 126 RBI's

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

yeah, but isn't it just a matter of time before he is busted for steroids? I mean, would anyone really be shocked?

SC,

He gets tested for drugs more than anyone else in MLB. He WOULD HAVE been busted by now

mofome

Banned

yeah, but isn't it just a matter of time before he is busted for steroids? I mean, would anyone really be shocked?

I would. This kid is disgusted by the fact that he has tats on his arms, hes a different kinda guy than he was. imo.

I would say TRUE. Since the Rays already ARE baseball's best team as of now. They currently have the best record in baseball.

Josh Hamilton is Mickey Mantle reincarnated, it is so unfortunate statistically speaking that he lost so many years away from baseball. He was very fast at a younger age and noone has his bat speed and hand eye. I know this word is almost cliche now, but he really is a "freak."

Just watch him inside-out a good slider; he does things with a bat that has never been done.

I get sick of that attitude that all players are roidheads, and that baseball is unique with this problem. All sports have had this issue, baseball has just been the most neglected by its comissioner and the league. Josh Hamilton is not a roid guy. Neither is Griffey or A Rod or many many other of baseball's recent greats. The fact they are lumped into one generic category is a shame.