were the Rockies a fluke

Bet_Jester

EOG Enthusiast
They had one of the most impressive runs in september that I have seen in a while until they got to Boston. But look at them now. BAD BAD baseball team

Re: were the Rockies a fluke

Penthouse to the outhouse...

One-half game better than the worst team in a poor division is not where a "World Series" team should be.

The Devil

EOG Master

sometimes things just click.......they did last year........might be towlowiski(sp) not having a decent year..............

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

just a case of catching lightning in a bottle i would say...we see it all the time......NYGiants did it in foots last year, we have seen others...look at houston and white sox just a few years back, both teams went in toilet next season.......

colorado got hot at the right time, and still only got in with a playoff game....got real hot in playoffs, and thats all it took...coming back to earth this year..

Apple

Banned

Defnitely a fluke.. Luck,Fate,timing and getting hot at the right time is what happened..

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

They are alarmingly bad. In fact, if you wanted to make the case that their 15-8 loss to SD the other night was the actual worst performance in Modern MLB history, you might not have too many arguments. They gave up 20+ hits to a San Diego team who was coming off a 7 game losing streak and had one of the worst offenses in baseball. Rockies made these guys look like the 1927 Yankees.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

They are alarmingly bad. In fact, if you wanted to make the case that their 15-8 loss to SD the other night was the actual worst performance in Modern MLB history, you might not have too many arguments. They gave up 20+ hits to a San Diego team who was coming off a 7 game losing streak and had one of the worst offenses in baseball. Rockies made these guys look like the 1927 Yankees.

The Pads L6 games they scored a TOTAL of 13 runs - the L7 games it was 16 and here they are scoring 15 in 1 game - then SQUAT the next

My friend in CO says the shirts that said "Rock-tober" last year now say "Fluke-tober" this year

IF Trevor Hoffman can blow strike 3 past Tony Gwynn, JR OR if Trevor Time doesn't blow a 2-run lead in B13 the Rocks NEVER make the playoffs - and most of the time Trevor Time does it even though he is washed up

Give the Rocks their due - but a FLUKE

Having said that - as AWFUL as the NL West is the Rocks are NOT out of it - not by a longshot. I don't think they will win the division but as bad as it is - i would NOT be stunned if they did

munson15

I want winners...

Definitely a fluke team. They played great for a month and rode it all the way through the mediocre NL to the World Series. When they met the varsity, they got swept, realized they weren't that good, and crumbled this year.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>TEAM</TD><TD class=alignCenter>W</TD><TD class=alignCenter>L</TD><TD class=alignCenter>%</TD><TD class=alignCenter>GB</TD></TR><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>buildRows(standings_rs_nlw);</SCRIPT><TR class=data id=la_data vAlign=top><TD class="" id=nlw_team_0 width=75>Los Angeles</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_w_0>73</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_l_0>71</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_pct_0>.507</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_gb_0>-</TD></TR><TR class=data id=ari_data vAlign=top><TD class="" id=nlw_team_1 width=75>Arizona</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_w_1>71</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_l_1>72</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_pct_1>.497</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_gb_1>1.5</TD></TR><TR class=data id=col_data vAlign=top><TD class="" id=nlw_team_2 width=75>Colorado</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_w_2>67</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_l_2>77</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_pct_2>.465</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_gb_2>6.0</TD></TR><TR class=data id=sf_data vAlign=top><TD class="" id=nlw_team_3 width=75>San Francisco</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_w_3>63</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_l_3>80</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_pct_3>.441</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_gb_3>9.5</TD></TR><TR class=data id=sd_data vAlign=top><TD class="" id=nlw_team_4 width=75>San Diego</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_w_4>56</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_l_4>88</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_pct_4>.389</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlw_gb_4>17.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Time will tell, in that division any team can fire any year, .500 gets ya close most any year.