UFC 86: Jackson vs. Griffin - Saturday, July 5th, 2008

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master
<TABLE onmouseover="changeto(event, '#E6E6E6')" style="WIDTH: 100%" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#E6E6E6')" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Column_Date_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_3><TD colSpan=3><TABLE onmouseover="changeto(event, '#E6E6E6')" style="WIDTH: 100%" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#E6E6E6')" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Column_Date_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_10><TD colSpan=3><H3>UFC 86-: Light Heavyweight

</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_11><TD style="WIDTH: 25%">Sat 7/5</TD><TD colSpan=2>Quinton Jackson vs Forrest Griffin</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD>08:30 PM</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 53%">520 Quinton Jackson</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 22%">-266</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>521 Forrest Griffin</TD><TD>+246</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE onmouseover="changeto(event, '#E6E6E6')" style="WIDTH: 100%" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#E6E6E6')" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Column_Date_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_12><TD colSpan=3>UFC 86-: Lightweights

</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_13><TD style="WIDTH: 25%">Sat 7/5</TD><TD colSpan=2>Joe Stevenson vs Gleison Tibau</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD>07:40 PM</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 53%">524 Joe Stevenson</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 22%">-210</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>525 Gleison Tibau</TD><TD>+190</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_14><TD style="WIDTH: 25%">Sat 7/5</TD><TD colSpan=2>Jorge Gurgel vs Cole Miller</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD>05:00 PM</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 53%">528 Jorge Gurgel</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 22%">+128</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>529 Cole Miller</TD><TD>-138</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE onmouseover="changeto(event, '#E6E6E6')" style="WIDTH: 100%" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#E6E6E6')" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Column_Date_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_15><TD colSpan=3>UFC 86-: Middleweights

</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_16><TD style="WIDTH: 25%">Sat 7/5</TD><TD colSpan=2>Patrick Cote vs Ricardo Almeida</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD>08:00 PM</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 53%">522 Patrick Cote</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 22%">+116</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>523 Ricardo Almeida</TD><TD>-126</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE onmouseover="changeto(event, '#E6E6E6')" style="WIDTH: 100%" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#E6E6E6')" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Column_Date_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_17><TD colSpan=3>UFC 86-: Welterweights

</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_18><TD style="WIDTH: 25%">Sat 7/5</TD><TD colSpan=2>Josh Koscheck vs Chris Lytle</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD>07:25 PM</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 53%">526 Josh Koscheck</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 22%">-335</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>527 Chris Lytle</TD><TD>+305</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></H3>Ultimate Fighting Championships: Lightweights

</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_4><TD style="WIDTH: 25%">Sat 7/5</TD><TD colSpan=2>Tyson Griffin vs Marcus Aurelio</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD>07:05 PM</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 53%">801 Tyson Griffin</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 22%">-298</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>802 Marcus Aurelio</TD><TD>+268</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_5><TD style="WIDTH: 25%">Sat 7/5</TD><TD colSpan=2>Melvin Guillard vs Dennis Siver</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD>05:00 PM</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 53%">803 Melvin Guillard</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 22%">-210</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>804 Dennis Siver</TD><TD>+195</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_6><TD style="WIDTH: 25%">Sat 7/5</TD><TD colSpan=2>Corey Hill vs Justin Buchholz</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD>04:45 PM</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 53%">805 Corey Hill</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 22%">-230</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>806 Justin Buchholz</TD><TD>+210</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Re: UFC 86: Jackson vs. Griffin - Saturday, July 5th, 2008

Any favorite plays Chute?

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Despite getting POUNDED by BJ Penn in his last fight, I like Joe Stevenson tonight a lot. I feel he comes back strong against a very mediocre opponent in Gleison Tibau. The only reason the line isn't at -300 or more, is due to that loss against Penn. Keep in mind however, BJ Penn is one of the best pound for pound fighters in the game. I'm also debating on Rampage tonight. I like him to win a lot, but I feel the play is very chalky considering just how close that matchup is. Griffin is a very solid underdog fighter, and has won as a big dog before.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Despite getting POUNDED by BJ Penn in his last fight, I like Joe Stevenson tonight a lot. I feel he comes back strong against a very mediocre opponent in Gleison Tibau. The only reason the line isn't at -300 or more, is due to that loss against Penn. Keep in mind however, BJ Penn is one of the best pound for pound fighters in the game. I'm also debating on Rampage tonight. I like him to win a lot, but I feel the play is very chalky considering just how close that matchup is. Griffin is a very solid underdog fighter, and has won as a big dog before.

Size difference in the Stevenson fight and the Tyson G fight worries me and i can't bet those guys and that heavy chalk especially seeing this size advantage for both dogs.

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Best of luck Thor, I wound up taking both Stevenson @ -210, and Jackson @ -260, hoping for both a sweep, and a profit. Hope you made out well tonight. 91023i2ndw;l

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

So far I have the fight...

Round 1.) 10-9 Jackson
Round 2.) 10-8 Griffin
Round 3.) 10-9 Jackson

Sounded like Griffin might have won round 1 and 3 and Jacksons leg is hurt? not watching, tracking on line.

Sounded like Jackson won round 4. Any word from the people watching?

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

I have...

Round 1.) 10-9 Jackson
Round 2.) 10-8 Griffin
Round 3.) 10-9 Jackson
Round 4.) 10-9 Jackson
Round 5.) 10-9 Jackson (Very close round, slight edge IMO to Rampage, Griffin looked sloppy, Jackson IMO, looked like the more on target, sturdy fighter.)

I see Griffin won. How did the judges score it? I assume you don't think they judged it correctly.

I got the scores 48-46,48-46,49-46 I'm glad I didn't pay for this one. I watched the Tigers puke one away.

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Bad call IMO. You have to give the edge to the champion. They gave the fourth round with the triangle to Forrest. The escape, and slam, on Jackson's part, should've canceled out the missed triangle, but they scored that whole scenario, and the round to Griffin. To anyone that watched the broadcast, didn't it seem that UFC, and the announcers were pushing for Forrest all along? Oh well, it was a good fight by both fighters either way.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

2nd round was dominated by Griffin on the ground.

Plus Jackson was gimpy legged after being kicked early in the fight. It gave Jackson the impression of being a wounded fighter the rest of the way.

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

You're 100% right. That 10-8 2nd round, and the limp for the rest of the fight, is what really swayed the judges, regardless of whether Jackson was more aggressive and on-target in that last round. To me, it seemed like Griffin was more tired and flailing. Nonetheless it was a hell of a battle, did everyone enjoy the fight?

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I have...

Round 1.) 10-9 Jackson
Round 2.) 10-8 Griffin
Round 3.) 10-9 Jackson
Round 4.) 10-9 Jackson
Round 5.) 10-9 Jackson (Very close round, slight edge IMO to Rampage, Griffin looked sloppy, Jackson IMO, looked like the more on target, sturdy fighter.)

Chute that is exactly how i had it scored. Rampage got robbed. You can't be given close rounds to a challenger. You watch Rampage get pissed later in the week. He played the good company guy at the end.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Bad call IMO. You have to give the edge to the champion. They gave the fourth round with the triangle to Forrest. The escape, and slam, on Jackson's part, should've canceled out the missed triangle, but they scored that whole scenario, and the round to Griffin. To anyone that watched the broadcast, didn't it seem that UFC, and the announcers were pushing for Forrest all along? Oh well, it was a good fight by both fighters either way.
Yes and Rogan doesn't usually pull that type of stuff.

You had to feel something strange was going on. Lines were anywhere from Jackson -345 to -245 and alot of money came in on Griffin late. He is the poster boy for the UFC. A Ultimate Fighter Winner what a farce.

I have been waiting and waiting for UFC to become like boxing with the politics, but I guess from what I'm reading it's here. Shame!

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

You had to feel something strange was going on. Lines were anywhere from Jackson -345 to -245 and alot of money came in on Griffin late. He is the poster boy for the UFC. A Ultimate Fighter Winner what a farce.

I have been waiting and waiting for UFC to become like boxing with the politics, but I guess from what I'm reading it's here. Shame!

Watch the 2nd round and you will see why Rampage couldnt win any close rounds after that.

The image of Rampage doing totally nothing on the mat gave him the image of being the lesser man in the fight and that image carried in the judges mind all the way to the end.

My score card:

1st round Jackson 10-9

2nd round Griffin 10-8

3rd round Griffin 10-9

4rd round Jackson 9-10

5th round Griffin 10-9

48-46 Griffin

Hache Man

Anyone found a video up yet?

Hache Man

Round 1

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-RAWtRwULE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-RAWtRwULE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hache Man

Final Round
(Still searching)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4IzUj8PVbKM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4IzUj8PVbKM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hache Man

I believe round 3....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6vx5gV9Pgio&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6vx5gV9Pgio&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hache Man

Round 2

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l7jGm1fb4Yw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l7jGm1fb4Yw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hache Man

Round 4

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jEG6UMGIrwg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jEG6UMGIrwg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>