Monday Plays...

truebluefan

EOG Addicted
Has been a horrible bases year for me and this will be my last stretch of plays if things don't turn in the next week or two. Going to start writes up again as it will force me to look at all angles. Here is my day play and I will be back later with some night thoughts:

KC +170- The Rays are a great squad don't get me wrong but they are not a .632 baseball team over time and they don't deserve this type of line against a guy in Gil Meche that has thrown very well since the month of April. The Royals bats have been woeful in this set scoring just 4 runs over 3 games and Garza is hot but this is a team that is very familar with Garza from his days in Minnesota and the Twins lost all 3 of Garza's career starts against KC. Meche is throwing too well right now to be priced like this and the Royals may not win but they are a good investment here.

YTD- 216-257 -33.70 units

truebluefan

EOG Addicted
Re: Monday Plays...

Four plays for tonight:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
NYM +121- Big game for the Mets as they try to take 3 of 4 from the Phils and get back into this race in earnest. Pedro has been horrible in his first starts since getting back from the DL, but he gets to face a team in the Philies that aren't hitting well right now hitting .233 in their last 3 games. Never been a fan of Eaton and he has been bad of late with a 2.00 WHIP in his last 3 starts so the Mets have a good chance at getting at him tonight. Pedro even with his struggles is at the same level of Eaton to me and the Mets are good value here.<o:p></o:p>
Minnesota/Boston Under 9 (-115)- Like the under here with two nice arms in Baker and Matsuzaka in a rather high number. Dice-K has been having horrible control problems of late and the Twins have hit well of late but they are coming off a nine-game home stand where they always hit well at home. Dice-K has shut them down in two career starts against them. Baker has never faced Boston but this kid is coming into his own and the Sox have several key parts that just aren't producing right now. I will gladly take a bet here that only one of these two guys needs to throw well to keep this game under.<o:p></o:p>
Texas +128- The Rangers who are coming off winning two big road sets come home for a real big series against the Angels. I really think being at home where their great offense is even better makes Texas good value in this game. Santana has simply not had a lot of success against the Rangers and I will be curious to see how Santana reacts to his brilliant first half in the second half. Mendoza has been bad this year when he has made starts but road starts against NY, Boston, and Detroit in his last 3 starts haven't set him up well to suceed. <o:p></o:p>
Atlanta +123- Close to do or die time for the Braves and I think they are very good value in this one. LA is streaking right now but they still aren't hitting well with just a .237 average over their last 10 games. They go against Campillo tonight who has been great this year with a 2.99 ERA and a WHIP a shade over 1. Kuroda was great in his first start back but even with a Braves team that isn't hitting well right now they got a big win yesterday and they are the better lineup to LA. The Braves to me are the better team and have a great price in Campillo tonight.