Joe Namath

1886/3762 50.1 comp 27663 yards 173 TD 220 INTs

OR

Warren Moon

3988/6823 58.4 comp 49325 yards 291 TD 233 INTs

texansfan

EOG Master
Re: Better QB: Joe Namath or Warren Moon

Moon easily imo. If Namath doesn't win the SB does he even make the HOF?

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

moon certainly had the stronger arm....one of the strongest arms in NFL history i'd say.....

texansfan

EOG Master

173 TD 220 INTs

and he still made it

Like I said, his prediction that his team would win while being massive underdogs helped him tremendously in the SB. I don't think he gets in without that victory imo.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Keep in mind one thing....it was an entirely different world passing when Namath played, you cannot even begin to compare TD/INT ratio from the 60-70s to the 90s.

Namath wasn't dropping back and playing 5 yard pitch and catch in the run and shoot....and the defenses were allowed to beat up WR's all over the field. Much different game and impossible to compare the two.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Warren Moon was extremely underrated. His stats are from the NFL only, his best years were in Canada.

He threw a great spiral

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

Keep in mind one thing....it was an entirely different world passing when Namath played, you cannot even begin to compare TD/INT ratio from the 60-70s to the 90s.

Namath wasn't dropping back and playing 5 yard pitch and catch in the run and shoot....and the defenses were allowed to beat up WR's all over the field. Much different game and impossible to compare the two.
Pretty much what I was going to say. That being said, my vote goes to Namath.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

i compared the two, Moon was alot better.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

They're not even on the same planet. Moon is right on the fringes of the 10 greatest of all time. Namath isn't even close to the top 100. Namath is the most overrated QB of all time and a product of great marketing, winning the 1st Superbowl by the AFL and playing in NYC. Namath wasn't even top 10 all time in AFL. Off the top of my head, Dawson by far, Hadl, Lamonica, Parrilli, Kemp were all superior.

Heim

EOG Master

Namath was ahead of his time...

Who can ever forget the pass he threw deep
to Peter on the "Brady Bunch"

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Moon easily. Not remotely close.

1,000% agree

it is laughable we are even having this discussion

this is like asking who is better looking: Me or The Shrink

My dumps look better than Ken

Warren Moon here - and really not even close as Mo said

The Devil

EOG Master

MOON HAD THE BETTER CAREER........JOE NAMATH HAD CHARISMA.......AND THE BIGGER MOUTH.............

Apple

Banned

1,000% agree

it is laughable we are even having this discussion

this is like asking who is better looking: Me or The Shrink

My dumps look better than Ken

Warren Moon here - and really not even close as Mo said

Not sure if you read any responses after post #6 but some people picked Namath in this thread..:+cops-2+

Journeyman

EOG Master

Moon won very few big games, yeah he threw a pretty ball and had that crazy run and shoot and was an outsanding runner in his canadian years especially. But where are all his big wins?

He really should be getting more heat for never winning a big game...they had some pretty darn good teams but in the end they were just a good team to beat in Dec and Jan.

It is totally unfair to compare the two players stats...obviously Moon was a better athlete, he played in a more athletic era.

thegreatdiatchi

EOG Addicted

Moon = one of the most underrated QB's in NFL history
Namath = one of the most overrated QB's in NFL history

Moon has this one hands down no matter how you look at it. Namath isn't even a HOF qb in my book.

mofome

Banned

Moon = one of the most underrated QB's in NFL history
Namath = one of the most overrated QB's in NFL history

Moon has this one hands down no matter how you look at it. Namath isn't even a HOF qb in my book.

dio is ready for foots!

91023i2ndw;l

pvcpipe

EOG Master

i hate to pile on Namath because the guy was a celebrity before professional football players were celebrities.

but.. MOON

For prognosticating skills and knowing the way to fame = Namath.
For QB skills = Moon*

*The INT he threw in OT during "The Comeback" was unforgivable.

They're not even on the same planet. Moon is right on the fringes of the 10 greatest of all time. Namath isn't even close to the top 100. Namath is the most overrated QB of all time and a product of great marketing, winning the 1st Superbowl by the AFL and playing in NYC. Namath wasn't even top 10 all time in AFL. Off the top of my head, Dawson by far, Hadl, Lamonica, Parrilli, Kemp were all superior.

Thank God people are getting it. If I see another ESPN poll where Namath cracks the Top 12 QBs of all time my head will spin.

Namath is the first or second most overrated QB ever, depending on where you put Elway. The people that put him first all time are fucking retarded.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Thank God people are getting it. If I see another ESPN poll where Namath cracks the Top 12 QBs of all time my head will spin.

Namath is the first or second most overrated QB ever, depending on where you put Elway. The people that put him first all time are fucking retarded.

Woah....Elway is overrated? I have heard it all now. :+textinb3

Can I just say that I LOVE your screen name. 91023i2ndw;l

Woah....Elway is overrated? I have heard it all now. :+textinb3

J-Man, I think you have read my premise for this argument before. I have a problem with Elway because he is the QB that was rated #1 all-time when ESPN did their "experts" poll. Is Elway a Top 10 QB? Sure, I'd put in somewhere between 7 and 10, but #1 is pure lunacy. Give me Montana, Unitas, Marino, Favre, Staubach, Young, and maybe Tarkenton, Baugh, and Graham over Elway.

Sportsgirl,

If you could have one piece of Steelers memorabilia, from the current team, what would it be?

(I might be able to help)