The Cubs...WOW!

Apple

Banned
Re: The Cubs...WOW!

Responding to the Brewers getting CC obviously.. You guys think this will happen?

rjt721

EOG Master

Can't see it happening. Plenty of teams with more to offer that would line up to get Harden.

Uh, I'm pretty sure every team in MLB is interested in acquiring Rich Harden.

Whether it's actually a possible to do so is another story.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Uh, I'm pretty sure every team in MLB is interested in acquiring Rich Harden.

Whether it's actually a possible to do so is another story.

you laughed at me when I said Milwaukee were the front runners for CC a while back.... Cubs are definitely the leading candidate to snag Harden. Like I have told you before, stick to NBA what you know best

12io4j2w90

d ray

EOG Dedicated

you laughed at me when I said Milwaukee were the front runners for CC a while back.... Cubs are definitely the leading candidate to snag Harden. Like I have told you before, stick to NBA what you know best

12io4j2w90

as mo stated earlier, they don't have enough to get him

12io4j2w90

Now you're just making things up. I never laughed at you for saying the Brews were the frontrunners for CC. In fact, I just went to the thread in question, and not once did I even laugh in general.

Good job making shit up. You're good at it. Oh wait, no you're not...just ask gyno.

And where in this thread did I say the Cubs weren't the frontrunner to snag Harden?

Seriously, go back and get your GED. Please. I'm begging you, take a small step in helping end the illiteracy epidemic in this country.

PLEASE.

Cubs will lose in a bidding war. I think someone else mentioned this, but I'll say it anyway. The Cubs don't have enough to get him.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Cubs have a lot of talent down on the farm. Just off the top of my head....

3b Josh Vitters - Absolute stud

OF Tyler Colvin

P Jose Ceda - awesome fastball

2b Tony Thomas

P Sean Gallagher... up on the team right now and doing well

p Donald Veal

p Jeff Samardzija

p Kevin Hart

and then of course Pie and Hill as Mofo mentioned... Pie is a bust though imo

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Now you're just making things up. I never laughed at you for saying the Brews were the frontrunners for CC. In fact, I just went to the thread in question, and not once did I even laugh in general.

Good job making shit up. You're good at it. Oh wait, no you're not...just ask gyno.

And where in this thread did I say the Cubs weren't the frontrunner to snag Harden?

Seriously, go back and get your GED. Please. I'm begging you, take a small step in helping end the illiteracy epidemic in this country.

PLEASE.

dagger :doh1 ::LMAO::

The Cubs have a slight problem.....

Unless the A's turn into the Grizzlies and want to "gift him" to the Cubs there is NO WAY he will end up there.

texansfan

EOG Master

Cubs don't have enough to get Harden. They couldn't even land Sabathia. They better stick to going after someone like Wolf.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Cubs don't have enough to get Harden. They couldn't even land Sabathia. They better stick to going after someone like Wolf.

no there just not stupid like the Brewers giving away a stud player for a pitcher who is a free agent rental for the rest of season... A package with Vitters could have easily brought in CC

The Sports Xchange reports that Cubs SP Rich Hill seems less likely to return to the Cubs soon, if at all this season. Hill has gone from the big leagues to Class AAA Iowa to the Cubs' minor league complex in Arizona. On Tuesday, he started and lasted only one-third of an inning, giving up one hit and five runs (four earned) during a game in the rookie-level Arizona League. He walked three and hit a batter, as his command issues continue. Manager Lou Piniella said the organization has talked about shutting Hill down completely, at least for a bit. Hill opened the year as the Cubs' No. 4 starter.
(Updated 07/02/2008).

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Rich Hill isn't? I'm assuming most teams would covet guys who can actually throw strikes.

I wouldnt say hes a bust for sure yet. He had a pretty good year last year. Just needs to work on his mechanics and what not. I am not saying he is a stud but hes definitely a player that teams would be interested in... Pie just cant hit a lick in the bigs and hasnt every chance hes gotten

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Not exactly eye popping numbers for Vitters:

carrer minor league .242 ave with 1 hr

he is 18 years old.... go back and look at a lot of good mlb players first and 2nd year in minors and you will find the same thing.... this is baseball, it isnt basketball or football

:doh1 2348ji23e

not sure how you expect to land an ace with an 18 yr old who has had no success in pro ball is what I am saying.