Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

During my journalistic career I have met a few, but most well-known? My 18-hole golf course interview with Kevin Costner tops my list. How we met? I walked threw 3 holes following him, as he had no set press time, so I just had to catch him for a quote or two. When he walked off the 4th tee box, I said, "Hey, I've been following you!" He said, "Yes, I noticed that you little stalker - come and walk the rest of the way with me and we'll talk." I have the entire thing on tape - Costner is regular, funny, nice guy.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Re: Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

I was a twelve year old kid catching Frogs and polliwogs, maybe some lizrds at a local drainage ditch pond and I got thirsty so I went to local grocery store. There was this long line for autographs. And fresh off of his Heisman trophy win was none other than O.J. Simpson. Somebody gave me a memo pad paper and he signed it for me. I just wanted my soda, stuffed it in my poclet and threw it on my dresser. I lost it soon after, I never got another autograph the rest of my life. He was very personable and down to Earth.

OF...:cheers

I was a twelve year old kid catching Frogs and polliwogs, maybe some lizrds at a local drainage ditch pond and I got thirsty so I went to local grocery store. There was this long line for autographs. And fresh off of his Heisman trophy win was none other than O.J. Simpson. Somebody gave me a memo pad paper and he signed it for me. I just wanted my soda, stuffed it in my poclet and threw it on my dresser. I lost it soon after, I never got another autograph the rest of my life. He was very personable and down to Earth.

And then.....

Apple

Banned

I've met so many.. Being from Los Angeles it's not hard.

Most notable

tupac
britney
magic
pete rose (complete ass)

But many others..

Journeyman

EOG Master

Also recently met Earl Young (one of my customers) a member of the 70-s disco band The Trammps.

I had no idea who the guy was but the song (Burn Baby Burn, Dicso Inferno) was a monster disco hit and they won a grammy award which I held.

The song was in the movie Saturday Night Fever.

I've met so many.. Being from Los Angeles it's not hard.

Most notable

tupac
britney
magic
pete rose (complete ass)

But many others..

Great list, Gabe! I bet in LA you see the famous all the time.

I'm not much of a country music fan, but a couple years back I met this girl. She was the lead singer in a band called Soul Miners Daughter. It was a blues/rock kinda group and I just loved her voice. Awesome voice. She came to clubs around where I live a lot and I used to go and see her almost every time she came to town. Soul Miners Daughter broke up, then she started her own group - she was good, but the band wasn't so hot. Then she joined this other group and I saw them twice in a small, maybe 100-person venue. I bought a tank-top of theirs after the show, had the lead singer sign it and when she hugged me, I told her that if a genie gave me 3 wishes, one of them would be to have a voice like hers.
It was Jennifer Nettles - the lead singer of Sugarland.

Her she is in concert with Bon Jovi:

YouTube - Bon Jovi & Sugarland - It's My Life

Pickandwin2

EOG Dedicated

This is a Tough one......

In Sports that would be Wayne Chrebet....Became good friends with him.

Movie Stars, would be Michelle Pfeiffer, met her in 1981. Bought her a drink at the Bar in NYC. ( of course she was Nobody back then )

The other is Vanessa Williams , in line at Resorts in AC. Before she Won her Crown. ( Wrote about this in another thread )

To the top the list, JFK,jr....Met him at a Restaurant in NYC. ( ChinChin )
Just got to say hello, how is everything.

I also Met Hugh Jackman Backstage when he was in T"he Boy from Oz"
Spent about 1 hour with him. Got to talk about a lot of things.
Really cool guy.

I'm sure I can think of more...

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Tom Hanks and Jude Law... when filming "Road To Perdition"
Scottie Pippen
Harry Caray

panther

EOG Dedicated

my brother has been in the entertainment feild

sence he went to unc for a degree in radio tv and stage(as a tech)

funny enough the one I enjoyed meeting the most I did not meet though him

I was 18 and working at a shell station as a mechanic

the guy that owned the station was a country music promoter

listened to hard rock only back then

the guy had country music stars that use a big travel trailor in the back when they flew into go to and from the airport and to the show

I had just got off work and bought a six pack and was sitting on the curb drinking one

a guy came out of the trailor and asked if he could get a beer

I gave him one and told him my name was duane

he said my name is waylon,...waylon jennings

kind of threw him that I did not know him from adam

we sat their and drank the sixer and I went to my apt and was told what a big star he was

all I knew was he was a nice guiy

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

Both Bush President's, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Obama, McCain(played craps with him and my dad in Vegas) and many others, but those probably top my list.

Billy Joel, Christie Brinkley, Al Pacino, Barbara Steisand, Beverly Sills, Neil Diamond, Regis & Kelly and Mickey Mantle (when much younger)...

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Don't forget Laurent Robinson.

haha i was actually going to type that but then I figure idiots like you would think I was serious and think i was really themanej so i didnt make the joke

:finger004

panther

EOG Dedicated

Billy Joel, Christie Brinkley, Al Pacino, Barbara Steisand, Beverly Sills, Neil Diamond, Regis & Kelly and Mickey Mantle (when much younger)...

regis is cool did not care much for his wife to snobie

texansfan

EOG Master

I've met countless famous people from my profession. I would say what stands out most is meeting Clint Eastwood in 1986. While in the military myself and a few fellow Marines were extras in his movie Heartbreak Ridge. We even got paid about $100 for doing it. He filmed some of the movie at Camp Pendleton.

To the top the list, JFK,jr....Met him at a Restaurant in NYC. ( ChinChin )
Just got to say hello, how is everything.
I would have kidnapped him and made him my lifelong sex slave. He was the most perfect man on earth.
The end.

shapsplace

EOG Addicted

I hung out w/ Muhammad Ali for a few hours in the Beverly Hilton...

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

I would have kidnapped him and made him my lifelong sex slave. He was the most perfect man on earth.
The end.

If only he would have taken those free pilot's lessons that I was offering him.

panther

EOG Dedicated

Well since I was trashed and made a complete idiot out of myself, maybe one or two might...::LMAO:: ::LMAO:: ::LMAO::

tell me it ain't so

I was lucky

most of the people in show biz i met was when I was working for my brother as a stage hand so I was not to buzzed

panther

EOG Dedicated

here is a ???

who was the most drunk/ buzzed famous person when you met them

for me it was danny joe brown of molly hachett

ozzie came in 2nd

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I met a ton of other more current athletes when I was a mover up in Tahoe. They had the celebrity golf tourney, and everyone filtered over to the clubs later on. Played craps with Theisman and Emmitt on the same table. Of course Barkley was there, he always had the largest gallery, and took out extra time to sign and take phots. He was always Mr. Congeniality. Friend of everyone. Other athletes put you on ignore. Even Sonny Bono was up there, met him in elevator, then he crashed into tree skiing. Pete Rose, worst horse player ever, he would charge you for an autograph, the bum. Did a signing with Jeff Garcia, and Ray Brown, and whoever TE was there at the time. Jeff was a total fem, aloof and kinda a jerk, Brown was super nice, shook his hand, just engulfed mine. Gave demo cars to Dana Stubblefield, Jerry Rice and Roger Craig. Did some computer work at 49ers training camp in Rocklin, all the studs were there, Hacksaw Reynolds, Ronnie Lott, Dan Bunz, Joe Montana, Dwight Clark, actually the entire 49ers defensive backfield. Fixed a printer they printed out scouting and roster info on. Later when Dan Bunz opened a bar there all of the 49ers would hangout there. Joe Montana was a fixture, could not believe how dumb he sounded, later I found out, he really was that dumb. Also Bill Walsh, who was really a prick. He planted pond there full of catfish, for Bubba Paris and the lineman, for a fishing derby. But they made the mistake of reporting it in the paper. I caught them all out before they had thier derby. Good times...

If only he would have taken those free pilot's lessons that I was offering him.
I wish he would have. :(

btw, Phil, the Kevin Costner interview I started the thread with? I walked those 18 holes with Kevin AND The Golden Bear :devil:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

During my journalistic career I have met a few, but most well-known? My 18-hole golf course interview with Kevin Costner tops my list. How we met? I walked threw 3 holes following him, as he had no set press time, so I just had to catch him for a quote or two. When he walked off the 4th tee box, I said, "Hey, I've been following you!" He said, "Yes, I noticed that you little stalker - come and walk the rest of the way with me and we'll talk." I have the entire thing on tape - Costner is regular, funny, nice guy.

met Costner several times at Cal State Fullerton baseball games. in 2005 a pic i took of him i used for my Xmas Card pic

my list (and i know i am leaving some out):

Gordie Howe (I STILL have the audio tape when i interviewed him in 1991 for the Hartford station i was working for)
Wayne Gretzky
Hugh Hefner
Jimmy Valvano
Rick Pitino
Heather Locklear
Jack Nicklaus
Magic Johnson
John Elway
Shrink

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

I wish he would have. btw, Phil, the Kevin Costner interview I started the thread with? I walked those 18 holes with Kevin AND The Golden Bear

Ok, now I am jealous. That sounds like a pretty good day to me.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

met Costner several times at Cal State Fullerton baseball games. in 2005 a pic i took of him i used for my Xmas Card pic

my list (and i know i am leaving some out):

Gordie Howe (I STILL have the audio tape when i interviewed him in 1991 for the Hartford station i was working for)
Wayne Gretzky
Hugh Hefner
Jimmy Valvano
Rick Pitino
Heather Locklear
Jack Nicklaus
Magic Johnson
John Elway
Shrink

Jimmy V is a guy I look up too so much... That speech he did at the ESPY'S is an all time classic and something everyone should watch often

what was jack like
He was as regular a guy as you could possibly imagine. Completely unaware that he's "Jack Nicklaus" - just loved to golf, was proud of the course (he designed it) and had a lot of laughs with Costner. He made the best joke of the day on the 18th when he pulled a "Tin Cup" on Costner. Jack must've hit 6 balls toward the green. It was so great because the gallery had to stand behind the white rope and I got to actually walk the course with these two. :houra

panther

EOG Dedicated

He was as regular a guy as you could possibly imagine. Completely unaware that he's "Jack Nicklaus" - just loved to golf, was proud of the course (he designed it) and had a lot of laughs with Costner. He made the best joke of the day on the 18th when he pulled a "Tin Cup" on Costner. Jack must've hit 6 balls toward the green. It was so great because the gallery had to stand behind the white rope and I got to actually walk the course with these two. :houra

thanks

I have not met a whole lot of sports stars

mainly music and actor/actress

Mickey Mantle (my dad played with him and his brother Commerce Miners in OK) Talked to him at length about the old days before Pro ball and then his Yankee career.

Muhammad Ali got to talk to him for about half hour in Atlantic City. He was signing autographs at a card show and I knew the promoter, so we went and grabbed a quick bite to eat when he was done. What a great guy.

Lou Brock had dinner with him when I was 10 after a game at Shea. My father was good friends with a former Cardinal that knew him very well Phil Tromboni, and we all had dinner together.

Walter Payton & John Elway I was at the VIP night at the NFL experience in Minneapolis with my good friend kicking field goals in the cage and those two joined us. Walter was dresses in a suit and John in jeans> Walter took off his shoes to kick and was pretty good. Elway was hammered and couldn't kick, but was a riot. We hung out with them for about an hour, and then they signed a few of the balls we were using and said they would handle replacing them. Very good guys.

George Brett, Paul Molitor, Dave Winfield, Kirby Puckett, Scott Erickson, Frank Thomas, Robin Ventura, Don Zimmer, Turk Wendel, Chris Zorich, Rickey Ervin, Nick Bell, Maury Wills, Ken Reitz, Scottie Pippen (asshole),
Horace Grant, BJ Armstrong, Jerremy Roenick, and the list goes on.

Let's see...I've waited on Richard Hatch before. He's a total douchebag and a shitty tipper. Impressive, I know.