The Cubs...WOW!

5 star bomb

EOG Master
Re: The Cubs...WOW!

not sure how you expect to land an ace with an 18 yr old who has had no success in pro ball is what I am saying.

Teams trade for top of the line prospects all the time... Scouts look past the #'s. They aren't worried about him hitting .240 or whatever. He is going to hit. It just takes a little while to develop. I just thought it was hilarious how Mofo said all we had in the farm was Pie and Hill when that couldn't be any further from the truth.... Our system has actually been doin real good finally the past couple seasons. Theriot, Marmol, Soto, Gallagher just to name a few

texansfan

EOG Master

how did I contradict myself retard? You are a dumbass, hey how about those Astros!!!

::LMAO:: ::LMAO::

You said he was an absolute stud. Then when it was brought up he was struggling you said that's what to expect from a young player whose 18. You need to make up your mind son.

You mean the same Astros you stated were the 4th best team in baseball a short time ago? You didn't see me making stupid statements like that.

At least you might win the contest across the street. You will be a good matchup with POS69.

texansfan

EOG Master

5 star is the biggest homer in all the forums. He brags about the 85 Bears being the best team he ever saw and I believe he was born that year.

2pac

EOG Senior Member

The A's aren't stupid. It would take EVERYTHING the Cubs have (Only half of those prospects you mention are future Major Leaguers)

Will the Cubs sell the farm for Harden, who has the best pure stuff in the game? His health is a liability.....

The Cubs are already old as f-ck, so it wouldn't be the smartest move.

no there just not stupid like the Brewers giving away a stud player for a pitcher who is a free agent rental for the rest of season... A package with Vitters could have easily brought in CC

Cubs offered Cleveland Vitters and they wanted a prospect who is major-league ready. Brewers have that. Brewers could go after Harden too, they are loaded.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

wow, I love the Cubs, but I'm not stupid. Our farm system sucks, 8 years ago it was stacked, right now i'd be suprised if it was in the top 20 in all of MLB. There is no one in there that would be capable of getting a top of the line pitcher. The Cubs might have to give up some of there best prospects to get a guy like Randy Wolf. Who's a far cry from Harden. That's the difference, the Brewers give up their best for Sabathia, and after doing so still have a great farm. Brewers - top 5 farm, Cubs - bottom feeders.

I agree with Jager in the previous post, they are stacked on the farm.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

wow, I love the Cubs, but I'm not stupid. Our farm system sucks, 8 years ago it was stacked, right now i'd be suprised if it was in the top 20 in all of MLB. There is no one in there that would be capable of getting a top of the line pitcher. The Cubs might have to give up some of there best prospects to get a guy like Randy Wolf. Who's a far cry from Harden. That's the difference, the Brewers give up their best for Sabathia, and after doing so still have a great farm. Brewers - top 5 farm, Cubs - bottom feeders.

I agree with Jager in the previous post, they are stacked on the farm.

this has to be a joke right? 8 years ago it was stacked?? Umm.... No it wasnt, we had the absolute worst farm for years. We finally have some talent the past couple years. Marmol, Soto, Theriot, Gallagher, etc.... Right now according to Baseball America we are about the middle of the pack I believe. I think they ranked our farm like #16 or so if I remember correctly.... And that is after we brought up rookie of year Soto

Nice call 5star. 12io4j2w90

Can I suggest a little humility next time. Let someone else bump the thread.

Just a suggestion.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

You said he was an absolute stud. Then when it was brought up he was struggling you said that's what to expect from a young player whose 18. You need to make up your mind son.

You mean the same Astros you stated were the 4th best team in baseball a short time ago? You didn't see me making stupid statements like that.

At least you might win the contest across the street. You will be a good matchup with POS69.

Well Vitters is being mentioned in a possible 3 way deal involving Peavy... I would say scouts also agree that Vitters is a pretty damn good prospect no?? Looks like im right again.... 12io4j2w90

5 star bomb

EOG Master

not sure how you expect to land an ace with an 18 yr old who has had no success in pro ball is what I am saying.

Yahoo's Tim Brown has new info on Jake Peavy: Padres general manager Kevin Towers said Wednesday night he might have identified a third team that would facilitate sending the standout pitcher to the Cubs, who don?t possess the depth in prospects or big league-ready talent to meet the Padres? asking price. Feel free to pose your guesses in the comments. Cubs top prospect Josh Vitters seems the most reasonable candidate to be in the middle of this trade.

:rolleyes: