How did varitek make the all star game?

Tuckman

Uh Poster
wtf, i relize hitting is not the only catergory, but good lord hes flirting with the mendoza line... this might be the worst i have ever seen...

Re: How did varitek make the all star game?

He was voted in by the players.

He is the captain of the World Championship team ya know?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Popularity contest....got nothing to do with how good you play.

99% of THE PLAYERS...THE PLAYERS... realize just how good he is behind the plate.

NOT THE FANS....BUT THE PLAYERS.

THAT'S RESPECT....WHEN YOUR BATTING 216:+excited-

munson15

I want winners...

Sorry, Red Sox fans, Varitek is a great player, but the players who voted him in have embarrassed him when that average gets flashed for all the world to see Tuesday night. Pierzynski, who deserved to go, is despised and Varitek respected, but poor Jason has been put in a tough spot.

For Boston fans, Varitek's average doesn't make us love him any less. He's a god around here. Paul Pierce, Teddy Bruschi, Jason Varitek...Boston heros...no matter what they do from here on in.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I just went to Yesnetwork.com and cast a vote for the 'stache'.

Sorry, Red Sox fans, Varitek is a great player, but the players who voted him in have embarrassed him when that average gets flashed for all the world to see Tuesday night. Pierzynski, who deserved to go, is despised and Varitek respected, but poor Jason has been put in a tough spot.

Maybe this will fire up Varitek and the AL in the game. Have a feeling he'll blast a game winning HR because of all this talk and the tough spot he is in.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

For Boston fans, Varitek's average doesn't make us love him any less. He's a god around here. Paul Pierce, Teddy Bruschi, Jason Varitek...Boston heros...no matter what they do from here on in.

They said that about Johnny Damon too.:pop:

munson15

I want winners...

Not my point, I don't for a second feel that Boston fans will think any less of him, but nationally, many fans will be scratching their heads wondering how he made it. And remember, someone more deserving was left off the squad.

My hero Thurman Munson was in a similar situation in 1974. He was injured early in the year, was hitting poorly by his standards, and was voted to start in the All-Star Game with an average in the .230's. For days, the announcers talked about how he felt he needed to raise his average for the game, so it wouldn't look like a bad selection. Eventually he hit .261 for the year, but no player wants to appear to have benefited from favoritism, especially guys as prideful as Munson and Varitek.

They said that about Johnny Damon too.:pop:

No true Bostson fan said that about Johnny Damon! Are you serious? Find me a REAL Boston fan that said that and I will smack them right in the mouth!! No one who really loves Boston sports would ever put Damon in the same category as those three.

Not my point, I don't for a second feel that Boston fans will think any less of him, but nationally, many fans will be scratching their heads wondering how he made it. And remember, someone more deserving was left off the squad.

I can't think of anyone MORE deserving of this honor. Who cares what fans nationally think? Not me.

My hero Thurman Munson was in a similar situation in 1974. He was injured early in the year, was hitting poorly by his standards, and was voted to start in the All-Star Game with an average in the .230's. For days, the announcers talked about how he felt he needed to raise his average for the game, so it wouldn't look like a bad selection. Eventually he hit .261 for the year, but no player wants to appear to have benefited from favoritism, especially guys as prideful as Munson and Varitek.

You call it favoritism, I call it respect. I mean, he's not having his best year and STILL his peers feel he deserves to be in the all-star game. That speaks volumes about his talent and character.

munson15

I want winners...

Maybe this will fire up Varitek and the AL in the game. Have a feeling he'll blast a game winning HR because of all this talk and the tough spot he is in.
Don't know how much he'll play, but I'm sure he'll be motivated to do just that after a week of the inevitable media/fan talk about him not deserving the selection.

munson i think your right...he will go thru some shit for sure..

AJ didn't get on, bbecause he is the biggest dick baseball....it's not fair, but neither is life...:+textinb3

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

No true Bostson fan said that about Johnny Damon! Are you serious? Find me a REAL Boston fan that said that and I will smack them right in the mouth!! No one who really loves Boston sports would ever put Damon in the same category as those three.

:houra