Green Bay Packers Have 4 Options Dealing With Brett Favre

1) Take him back in

2) Cutting him

3) Trade him

4) Make it worth while for him to stay retired

The Green Bay Packers have four choices when it comes to Brett Favre and his apparent desire to return to the NFL. There's no timetable for a solution to this issue. The outcome depends largely on how hard Favre pushes his desire to return.

The first option seemingly is out of the question. All indications are the Packers have moved on and have embraced life after Favre. The coaching staff has. Coach Mike McCarthy, offensive coordinator Joe Philbin and quarterbacks coach Tom Clements spent the offseason shaping the offense around Aaron Rodgers' strengths. At the NFL annual meetings in Palm Beach, Fla., in early April, McCarthy discussed how the offense would be different with Rodgers. Whereas Favre's best throw was the slant, Rodgers' best throw is something different.

The second option -- cutting Favre -- could become a reality if Favre insists he wants to play.

If the Packers aren't interested in giving him away, they could explore the third option -- a trade. However, a deal could be difficult, especially if teams felt the Packers would have to release him anyway, and he could be had without giving up anything.

The fourth option -- convincing Favre to stay retired -- seemingly would be the best for the Packers. This way, they wouldn't come off as being the bad guys for driving Favre out of town and to another team, something that likely would anger a large portion of Packers' supporters.

Green Bay Press-Gazette

WVU

EOG Master
Re: Green Bay Packers Have 4 Options Dealing With Brett Favre

Farve would still be better than over 50% of the starting QBs

You know, I wish I could find the thread over at SBR about Favre retiring and how I called it TOTAL and complete BS.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

You know, I wish I could find the thread over at SBR about Favre retiring and how I called it TOTAL and complete BS.

yea well you arnt the only 1... lot of people felt that way! Good to see you back sg!

91023i2ndw;l

He is a bigger attention whore than (fill in the blank)....:pop:

kid44

EOG Dedicated

It seems like the organization is screwed no matter what they do. Rodgers has been set up to run this team now. He will demand a trade if #4 comes back.

If they stay with Rodgers and GB is 1-4 then everyone will want Favre back.

I bleed green and gold but this guy needs to get a clue. Sure I would like to see him for another year but not under these circumstances. He is not bigger than the game.

It seems like the organization is screwed no matter what they do. Rodgers has been set up to run this team now. He will demand a trade if #4 comes back.

If they stay with Rodgers and GB is 1-4 then everyone will want Favre back.

I bleed green and gold but this guy needs to get a clue. Sure I would like to see him for another year but not under these circumstances. He is not bigger than the game.

Great comment. I might be in the minority here but I think they have a better season with Rodgers than with Favre.

mofome

Banned

Favre is losing some of his aura imo. Just go man.

The Seer

EOG Dedicated

Great comment. I might be in the minority here but I think they have a better season with Rodgers than with Favre.
I agree. The Pack has been setting all the plays up and it is now July 8 and everyone should be about set.

I think it is all a bunch of BS questions like "have you stopped beating your wife"? Questions are asked to sell papers or get ESPN ratings. Why should he tell them anything?

d ray

EOG Dedicated

they have 1 option IMO, Make sure he stays retired