The best movie endings ever

Re: The best movie endings ever

As far as accents go, I think that Leonardo DiCaprio's and Mark Wahlberg's are pretty spot on, as for Jack's; you be the judge.

Furthermore, if you would like to see just how diverse DiCaprio can be, watch the Departed and then watch him in Blood Diamond; talk about two very different accents. The guy can adapt, as well as act.

I heard Leo did a pretty good job, but I can't picture Jack pulling it off. IMO, Leo is WAY underrated as a serious actor. Like I said, Wahlburg's better be spot on, the guy is from Southie. I remeber watching "Fear" and thinking: "Wow, he's not trying real hard to curb the accent!"

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

The first one that came to mind, for me was "PS I Love You" it is new just out a few weeks on
dvd. It is a chick flick but worth the watch I cryed ,and laughed loved the ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQj_des6Gs

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pDQj_des6Gs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pDQj_des6Gs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I want to see that, but Marc only lets me watch scary zombie movies. :(

I managed to sneak 27 Dresses in while he was out of town...should have invested that 2 hours of my life more wisely.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

The Girl in the Cafe, the movie where Ed Norton is a choir boy with Richard Gere the attorney, Vision Quest, I am Sam, and My Girl all come to mind.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

19 The Blair Witch Project
Daniel Myrick, Eduardo Sanchez, 1999
After numerous screen freak-outs, lost students Heather (Heather Donohue), Mike (Mike Williams) and Josh (Josh Leonard) are in a deserted house. Heather screams, Mike is killed by an unseen assailant and the last shot we see, in Heather?s grainy video footage, is of Josh standing in a catatonic stupor, facing the corner walls of the basement, like a punished child. Creepy. KEVIN MAHER

This film gets SO much criticism, mainly because most people didn't understand the concept or the whole idea behind it & that it was SUPPOSED to be viewed & filmed the way it was.

Brilliant in my opinion.......

The Girl in the Cafe, the movie where Ed Norton is a choir boy with Richard Gere the attorney, Vision Quest, I am Sam, and My Girl all come to mind.

You're right. How the hell is Primal Fear left off the list.
Fantastic ending and amazing acting job by Ed Norton.

nevell hall

EOG Veteran

the mist has a hell of a unexpected ending.

also one of the best alltime family movie endings was my dog skip.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The ending in the Good, the Bad and the Ugly was so strong they copied it in several other movies.

The ending in Apocalypse Now was perfect.

The ending of Texas Chainsaw Massacre gave me sweaty palms.

I also have three worst endings ever, but will save them for that thread.

OF...:cheers

waco

EOG Dedicated

"Body Heat" where you don't see endings like this. There should of been a Body Heat 2

Nascar_Bobby

EOG Addicted

WTF!
What about Psycho?

This is the only horror film to ever win best picture.

Orson Wells, may had some movies that could of made the list.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

shawshank redemption has one of the best endings ever that i've seen.boogie nights had a lot of twists and turns that i liked.blow had a pretty sad ending but was a good movie.goodfellas had a pretty damn good finale.

phoich4

EOG Addicted

Off the top of my head i would say...The Departed, French Connection and No Country For Old Men

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

"Body Heat" where you don't see endings like this. There should of been a Body Heat 2

The Munchkin Man fully agrees.

The character played by Kathleen Turner deserved some payback.

As the old saying goes:

"Payback is a bitch."

Very fitting, indeed.

Munchkin Man

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

WTF!
What about Psycho?

This is the only horror film to ever win best picture.

Orson Wells, may had some movies that could of made the list.

Yes!

The Munchkin Man was just getting ready to post about the great ending in Psycho until the Munchkin Man read your post.

Please forgive the Munchkin Man for providing one minor correction.

Psycho never won an Academy Award for "Best Picture."

However, it did earn 4 Academy Award nominations in other categories.

Speaking of Alfred Hitchcock films, the Munchkin Man also loves the slow building, breathtaking, and dramatic climatic ending to Vertigo (1958).

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man