Will Ohio States BCS bowl performances of the last 2 years hurt them in 08/09?

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Re: Will Ohio States BCS bowl performances of the last 2 years hurt them in 08/09?

They can lose 5 BCS Bowls/National Title Games in a row & it won't affect them in beating up their pathetic opponents every year....lol

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Re: Will Ohio States BCS bowl performances of the last 2 years hurt them in 08/09?

Id say no only because they have such highly rated recruiting classes year after year...They really do have the best talent around and 2 bad games is still a short streak overall.

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

They will be ranked #1 in the preseason so it looks like another beating from LSU come January.

Will voters hold their performances against them?

The crushing they will take against USC certainly won't help.
I laid the 3.5
Pete Carroll against non-conference ranked opponents coming off a bye week. The numbers are ridiculous.

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

They will be ranked #1 in the preseason so it looks like another beating from LSU come January.

lol - LSU won't win the SEC West. now Auburn very well might lay another SEC ass whippin on Ohio St.

Last year was supoosed to be a semi-rebuilding year, and look what happened. To answer the question, no it won't hurt. Gunna be very tough this year.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Actually a very good question. I do not have the answer but think people would. For me no...Tressell has built up a heck of a program and I have all the respect in the world for them and now how good they are. Each year is supposed to be different and unique for voters.

Fantastic senior leadership this year, I can't wait...

This years team should not be judged by the last 2 years performance in the bowl games. However-it should be taken into consideration how the BCS people overestimated those past two teams. Ditto for Hawaii-all the good Boise St. did was undone by Hawaii's poor performance. My two cents--Ohio St. can respond as early as Sept. 13th vs USC-

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

They can lose 5 BCS Bowls/National Title Games in a row & it won't affect them in beating up their pathetic opponents every year....lol

good point. overall my beloved buckeyes have left the big 10 in their wake ( sans Illinois) but the last two years they have not been good enough to play with the big boys. Need to close that gap and i think they are headed in the right direction. That said the last 2 performances should leave everyone that does not bleed Scarlet and Grey very skeptical and rightfully so

it should...they keep proving over and over again they cant compete against the cream of the crop in other conferences

Dick Tator

EOG Enthusiast

After USC embarrasses them and then they play their weak schedule in the Little 11, they will be lucky to make the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. Hopefully KY or Vanderbilt joins them there and makes them 0-10 against the SEC in bowl games.

lol - LSU won't win the SEC West. now Auburn very well might lay another SEC ass whippin on Ohio St.

how do you think their d will fare w/ their heart and soul at d coord leaving for texas?

WVU

EOG Master

I think it has to have a small impact in the voting. These voters sent them to the games so they do not forget.

Topflight

EOG Addicted

Ohio St and Florida in the Title game again.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Hache Man
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

good point. overall my beloved buckeyes have left the big 10 in their wake ( sans Illinois) but the last two years they have not been good enough to play with the big boys. Need to close that gap and i think they are headed in the right direction. That said the last 2 performances should leave everyone that does not bleed Scarlet and Grey very skeptical and rightfully so

No offense AA, just messing around.......:cheers

WVU

EOG Master

schedule wise I say WV has the best title shot. I could be biased as I said the same last year.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Hache Man

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

No offense AA, just messing around.......:cheers
not all hache...i am a fan but I don't get stupid about it. your dead on.

WVU

EOG Master

where is mims when we need him.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

it should

we need to pass a law in congress BANNING the F(b)uckeyes from EVER playing in the B(C)S Title Game - EVER

WHEN they lose to USC maybe that will bury them for good since the Big 11 is a JOKE this year - they BLOW and the F(b)uckeyes "SOS" will be so bad because they will tear thru the Big 11 like a hot knife thru butter..........make a B(C)S Game (if there is a God in heaven it WON'T be the Title game because seeing them lose AGAIN by 4,000 points is getting old) and then get their asses handed to them once again

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

it should

we need to pass a law in congress BANNING the F(b)uckeyes from EVER playing in the B(C)S Title Game - EVER

WHEN they lose to USC maybe that will bury them for good since the Big 11 is a JOKE this year - they BLOW and the F(b)uckeyes "SOS" will be so bad because they will tear thru the Big 11 like a hot knife thru butter..........make a B(C)S Game (if there is a God in heaven it WON'T be the Title game because seeing them lose AGAIN by 4,000 points is getting old) and then get their asses handed to them once again

classy as always:LMAO

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

it should...they keep proving over and over again they cant compete against the cream of the crop in other conferences

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score
----------------- -- -- -- -- -----
Ohio State.......... 7 7 3 7 - 24​
Texas............... 0 7 0 0 - 7

:+whipping

d ray

EOG Dedicated

they won't go undefeated anyway, so who cares.

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

They lost to Illinois Lyr and still went to the championship game.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

they'll lose 2 games, so who cares

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

nope your way over the top but Russ told me that is how you roll.

russ is a great guy - not 100% right here, though. not far from it just not right

as long as the Big 11 BLOWS and OSU gets a "free pass" they will be a fraud come B(C)S time

Journeyman

EOG Master

Will voters hold their performances against them?

Excellent question...I think so, if they're close with anyone else, they will get slighted to the other team, how can they not? Human nature.

Even thouugh OSU has for the most part overacheived under Tress, these last two years will be what will be on everyones mind going into late Nov.2938u4ji23

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

ohio state vs. tennessee in the title game

Don't know, but the SEC has loved the last two performances in the title game...OSU just can't hang with the SEC. :hangt

OSU vs Tennessee...now that's a stretch :pop: