Round 12: Pick the team(s) who doesn't get swept in their series. **EVERYONE INVITED JUMP IN ANYTIME** picks in here

Apple

Banned
ROUND 12

Everyone invited to join, jump in anytime...

RULES:

Pick the team(s) who you believe won't be swept in their respective series. You win as long as the team you select doesn't get swept in their 3-4 game series.. I'm curious to see if anyone can go the entire season without selecting a team that gets swept. Sounds difficult but I think someone can do it.

All your team has to do is win one game in the series, if it's a 4 game series you will have 4 chances to win.. I will be grading these for every series and will be including YTD records as well. I think we'll have some fun with this and might learn a thing or two..

You can pick any team you want any round, no need to pick a different team.

CURRENT STANDINGS:
Primoz: 31-0

bucsfan: 22-0
c-diddy: 21-0
Chuteboxe 19-0
diogee: 17-0
5 star bomb: 16-0
akillies 16-0
phoich4: 24-1 (+14.23 Units)
Raiders: 14-0
gyno: 13-0
husky blue: 13-0
tim patterson: 13-0
crazytrain: 26-1 (+12.23 Units)
texansfan: 12-0
madcapper 12-0
efcbomber: 30-2 (+11.23 Units)
bobbyw 10-0
jh85 8-0
rjt721: 8-0
munson: 8-0
kid44: 7-0
the ape: 6-0
tomorrow's newspaper 6-0
firehorn 15-1 +5.70
lefthook: 5-0
pay the snucka 19-1 +4.00
tankdog: 4-0
SSI : 4-0
fivedoorsdown 9-1 -+3.52
rake922: 4-0
flamingo kid :4-0
pacman:3-0 (Rest in Peace)
sportsgirl: 8-1 +2.52 Units
garieppy: 2-0
tom brady 2-0
youngster: 1-0
bookie buster: 1-0
Vegas Dave 31: 1-0
HotshotHarvey: 1-0
the shrink: 1-0
skinsraj28: 1-0
gravy: 19-1 (+0.23 units)

ballwonder 29-3 (-3.77 Units)
JT Mcgee 2-1 -4.24
doublej: 14-1 (-4.77 Units)
againstallodds 10-2 -5.74
mofome: 3-1 -6.66
goodcall: 12-1 (-6.77 Units)
nedrow: 2-1 -7.66
msmith2179: 5-1 (-13.77 Units)

Apple

Banned
Re: Round 12: Pick the team(s) who doesn't get swept in their series. **EVERYONE INVITED JUMP IN ANYTIME** picks in here

NO BASEBALL MONDAY, ALL STAR GAME TUESDAY, NO BASEBALL WEDNESDAY..

ballwonder

EOG Master
Re: Round 12: Pick the team(s) who doesn't get swept in their series. **EVERYONE INVITED JUMP IN ANYTIME** picks in here

great job gyno. thanks and keep up the great work with this.

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

Good job Gyno. I should be 6-0 not 5-0. I had the Cubs and they won

Thanks

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Great job keeping this up and running. Thanks for your continued efforts in making this forum better. 91023i2ndw;l

Apple

Banned

Thanks guys appreciate the kind words.. You two have done very well with this, I've paid attention to both of you, solid safe selections from you guys everytime..

Apple

Banned

Series for Thursday:

DET @ BAL

NYM @ CIN

SD @ STL

PIT @ COL

**ALL 4 GAME SERIES**

Which means a minimum 15 unit loss if you select a team who gets swept.

Apple

Banned

Series for Friday

OAK @ NYY

PHI @ FLA

TOR @ TB

WAS @ ATL

CHC @ HOU

TEX @ MIN

KC @ CHW

LAD @ ARI

BOS @ LAA

CLE @ SEA

MIL @ SF

**ALL 3 GAME SERIES**

Which means a minimum 7 unit loss if you select a team who gets swept.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Gyno how many units would we as a team be up so far? Do you know off hand? I dont feel like doin the math right now, haha

5 star bomb

EOG Master

My Round 12 Picks.......

Rockies
Yanks
Rays
White Sox

Apple

Banned

Gyno how many units would we as a team be up so far? Do you know off hand? I dont feel like doin the math right now, haha

efcbomber always does the math for us.. He has us at

+306 units

Pretty sick huh? I've noticed other than the Yankees all your other series picks have been easy ones.. Nice going man 91023i2ndw;l

5 star bomb

EOG Master

WOW......... What kind of bankroll do you think you would need to start doing this? Have you started doing it?

Apple

Banned

Yes I have..

http://forums.eog.com/baseball-bett...hases-7-11-7-13-cubs-mets-ytd-8-7-6-03-a.html

Plus I wagered on a couple before this and followed you with the Twins that one time.. I'm ahead about 16 units doing this.. You can start small if you want, really the most you are going to lose on a series loss is probably 20 units max, most of them are much smaller.. If you are messing with 1% = a unit then you shouldn't lose more than 20% of your bankroll at one time..

High risk low reward for sure. But I think if you are selective and have just a little luck it should be a profitable situation. I'm sure you notice a lot of people are still ahead even though they endured a loss..

diogee

Can be profitable for sure...I have been doing series chases for the last few weeks for primarily totals and probably half the units I am up right now are due to those.

I would say if following every pick in this thread though you would need a rather large bankroll since some series could be 10 or 15 unit chases if multiple people had the same team. Then of course there would be the chases where you were chasing both teams to not get swept in the same series. Looking over last weeks thread you would be wagering to win around 130 units for just game 1's which could be hefty with some good chalk.

rjt721

EOG Master

Rays

Apple

Banned

Can be profitable for sure...I have been doing series chases for the last few weeks for primarily totals and probably half the units I am up right now are due to those.

I would say if following every pick in this thread though you would need a rather large bankroll since some series could be 10 or 15 unit chases if multiple people had the same team. Then of course there would be the chases where you were chasing both teams to not get swept in the same series. Looking over last weeks thread you would be wagering to win around 130 units for just game 1's which could be hefty with some good chalk.

Yeah it would be basically impossible to follow everyone picks, a lot pick different teams in the same series.. Nonetheless it's very possible to follow one or even a small handful of guys.

Over 20 people are ahead 8 or more units.. Over 7 people ahead over 15 units so there is a good chance that if you have followed someone you are plenty ahead right now..

5 star bomb

EOG Master

I want to get a team of 3-5 guys and everyone pick 1 team per series. I think it would bank

Apple

Banned

I want to get a team of 3-5 guys and everyone pick 1 team per series. I think it would bank

Not a bad idea at all.. Shit actually that sounds pretty damn good, like a small-time syndicate.. hmm

WOW......... What kind of bankroll do you think you would need to start doing this? Have you started doing it?

I guess the worst case scenario would be taking a team from each series and all of them being swept.

So in this round there are four 4-game series and eleven 3-game series.

Its likely you'll be chasing a fave rather than a dog, so if you work on a -140 line you could lose 6.1 units on each 3-game series and 9.9 units on a 4-game series for a loss of 106.7 units.

It goes without saying that this is about as likely as Penelope Cruz asking me to leave my wife.

If you have an idea of the odds you'll see for the team you want to chase, you can work out how much you stand to lose if they get swept and you can go from there.

I'm too tired to look it up, but I think if you chased every series this season you would probably be up? I know the Nats have been swept a few times. I might run through it tomorrow if I get time.

Last round was pretty ugly with a lot of guys geaten beat up on TB. Had to chase some big odds on that series. But even with that it only lost around 10 units overall for the round.

Thursday: Detroit, NY Mets
Friday: Philly, Tampa Bay,

the ape

EOG Addicted

NYY
TB
ARI

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

chi sox

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

Thursday series: St Louis
Friday series: No pick.

chazzy

EOG Dedicated

STL
NYM
NYY
CWS
MIN

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Not a bad idea at all.. Shit actually that sounds pretty damn good, like a small-time syndicate.. hmm

Gyno should we get some teams started? :+clueless

kid44

EOG Dedicated

MKE
White Sox
Det

St. Louis
Colorado
Atlanta
Cubs
White Sox

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Yankees
St Louis
White Sox
Atlanta

gravy

EOG Addicted

DET
NYM
STL
COL

This is for Thursday's games and back tommorrow night for Friday's games

husky blue

EOG Member

Reds
Rays
Yankees

diogee

Thursday:
St Louis
Colorado

Thursday Series:
St Louis
Baltimore
Mets

Friday Series:
Braves
Brewers
White Sox
Rays
Twins

msmith2179

EOG Veteran

cards for thurs
white sox for fri

munson15

I want winners...

St. Louis