Is anyone else jacked about the upcoming olympics?

WVU

EOG Master
Track and Field
Swimming and diving
Basketball
Gymnastics
Tennis

I love it all. Can't wait. Looking forward to US dominance.

:+excited-

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
Re: Is anyone else jacked about the upcoming olympics?

I love it all. 400 in track I am very excited about and of course hoops. 800 looking for the kid from Oregon Symmonds to make the finals, I hope.

2pac

EOG Senior Member

I really enjoy the winter olympics, but summer just doesn't do it for me.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

tons of props yes. was more stuff with pinny 4 years ago...
I recall one Olympics I honestly had a dream before the Olympics that MArty Fish won the tennis mens final (He is from Minnesota like me)..what the hell I played him I think at 150-1 ? It was a huge number...then he started winning winning and winning...I posted this (the dream and then followed it along over at Rx) he went to the finals!! and was even leading with Massaeu sort of hurt and dying on the court. then MAsseau takes some break, totally leaves the court for 15 minutes, god only knows what illeagal stuff he was injected with but he came back and Beats Fish. I did OK as I scalped out some but then but that was really a fun ride.

no dreams this year. YET! but look for any good prices on any chinease teams. they will make a run in womens softball, womens soccer, volleyball, etc...

I hit them right away at bookmaker at even money for most golds and most medals and now those prices are where they should be. As the home team they will dominate at these Olympics...

Journeyman

EOG Master

I can't say I am, I sure use to be...hopefully something will capture the World's attn.

Some real old school diehards in this thread.

I bet Tom Brady collected and still has all those Nadia Comaneci and Olga Korbut Wheaties boxes

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I can't say I am, I sure use to be...hopefully something will capture the World's attn.

Some real old school diehards in this thread.

I bet Tom Brady collected and still has all those Nadia Comaneci and Olga Korbut Wheaties boxes

LOL, JMAN. I am not sure why but I still like the Olympics but it is not what they once were. I will see how many medals Phelps can win in swimming. Watch the track and field. Of course the hoops too. Can't believe beach volleyball made it to the Olympics WTF. I like it. Boxing used to be great but no good boxers like ALi, Sugar Ray, Spinks brothers.....anymore. Boxing is a weak sport now.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Phelps is from very close to my neck.

The best of course was that 80 Olympic squad, remember Teofilo Stevenson the Cuban? He seemed to fight forever.

Nobody could touch that monster....he won just about everything internationally for like 16 years (not all Olympics)...I think he won 3 Gold

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Phelps is from very close to my neck.

The best of course was that 80 Olympic squad, remember Teofilo Stevenson the Cuban? He seemed to fight forever.

Nobody could touch that monster....he won just about everything internationally for like 16 years (not all Olympics)...I think he won 3 Gold

Oh yeah! Stevenson was tall, long and very experienced compared to the other fighters. Plus his right hand was devastating. You had no chance against him. If he ever fought pro he would have beating most fighters. Like you said, he was a monster. Would have loved to see him fight pro. The US offered Cuba 2 million to let him and Leon Spinks fight (after the Olympics so they could meet because Spinks fought at a lesser weight in the Olympics) and Cuba said no. Stevenson might have won.

I did not know OPhelps was from down there. He keeps breaking records. He is an all time great.

Journeyman

EOG Master

They use to speculate Stevenson could have been the World Champ very easily.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

They use to speculate Stevenson could have been the World Champ very easily.

I would not have doubted it. He was a machine and look on youtube as fighters crumbled when hit with that right hand. I wouldn't put him over Ali though. Other than that he was a great great fighter who could have been a world champ.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

very pumped here. I may not ever sleep. I hope a lot of good opportunities present themselves.