EOG history, etc (not sure it belongs here...sorry)

idiotspayforpick

EOG Dedicated
Wow, actually a few minutes to post something here at EOG. Time is precious these days for sure. First I apologize, but was unsure of where to put this post. I thought I would do it here since it is hoops season and maybe most people will be on this side for a bit.

Secondly, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

My question is can a moderator or veteran give me a little history lesson on EOG. I read a thread this evening where people were referencing "across the street". I assume somewhere, someplace there is another forum similar to this one. Maybe some people here bounce back and forth or something.

I was just curious how this site came about, what the deal is with "across the street", etc. I apologize for being a sports forum virgin. I was just curious is there is any bad blood or anything, or if EOG came about from this other place.

Thanks for the history lesson.

dirty

EOG Master
Re: EOG history, etc (not sure it belongs here...sorry)

Shrink Owned the RX and then sold it, General was his head Mod

He worked at the RX for a while after selling it...then quit to start EOG

Shrink and General started EOG and Glaken was brought over here as the first Moderator when EOG was founded Last August.

When people refer to across the street they are referring to RX

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

I don't regret it ONE bit!

In life, you have to take risks and I chose to take on the challenge with my friend, THE SHRINK.

No risk, no reward. No pain, no gain.

Last edited:

Salo

EOG Dedicated

What is your history Dirty? How did you get on the EOG train?

WE FOUND HIM IN VEGAS AT THE FIRST EOG BLAST!! HE WAS CRUSHING VODKA DRINKS!!:LMAO :LMAO

dirty

EOG Master

What is your history Dirty? How did you get on the EOG train?

General and I had known each other for years as we started at another forum called Freewinners. I started POsting there in Dec of 98' When my Falcons were on their march to the superbowl. I was one of their first 20 members. By the year 2k when General (Pete Rose as he was there) came along FW had grown into a site about this size now, It was bigger than the RX for a long time, but the owner Missed the Train and got left in the Dust by Ken, and then He Hired General to work for him at the RX. I stayed behind at FW and became a Moderator there. Early last year the owner of FW had some personal problems and let the site go to Hell in a handcart and Pete and Myself had stayed in touch thru the years and I started POsting here when the site first opened. Eventually the site kept growing and when it was time to Hire someone as a new Mod/Contest grader Glaken and Hisself asked me if I would be interested in coming aboard. I had Known Pete for years and WE always respected each other and had a trust, that still holds strong today. I thank Pete for thinking of me, and Ken for giving me The chance as I never posted at the RX much and He didn't even know who I was.

PS>..pete rose jr is named after Pete Rose (The General) , he took that name at FW and followed him over to the RX when he left to work there :+textinb3

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

Thanks for the history lesson!!

Hey Dirty, please tell me that you were ALL OVER Atlanta in98 when they played at Minnesota. I will never forget that game. That was the 1st year that I was really getting into sports betting big, and I made the largest bet I had ever made in my life (at that time) on Atlanta. I also had them on the moneyline, which was something around +700, if I recall correctly. A bunch of my gambling friends were all at the track that day, and we were just :party :party it up, as Atlanta took down the most over rated team in NFL history!

dirty

EOG Master

yes...I had the Falcons that day getting the points.... Had to take them cause over 75% of the public was on Minny, and why wouldn't they be 15-1 and rolling along like a freight Train... No One expected that Jamal Anderson and My "Dirty" Birds would roll into town and derail it...

mofome

Banned

then they added hache and lawrence so the gay rights activists would leave shrink alone.

:cheers

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

then they added hache and lawrence so the gay rights activists would leave shrink alone.

:cheers
:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAOI am glad Rosie was able to help me land this gig

ILL SUM IT ALL....... SHRINK IS AN OK GUY, 4 A JEW! THE GENERAL IS A REDNECK CLOSET HOMOSEXUAL! GLAK WAS A GOOD GUY, MAY HE REST IN PEACE!:cheers DIRTY.....HES A GREAT ASSET HERE, MAYBEE WASTING HIS TALENTS....SHOULD START HIS OWN FORUM! BUCS.....WELL SHRINK PAID HIM BIG BUCKS TO LEAVE THE RX.....BECAUSE HE WAS EXPECTED TO HAVE A GREAT BASEBALL SEASON....:rolleyes: MAYBEE A BIGGER BUST THAN RYAN LEAF!!! HACHE.....WELL THE NAME SAYS IT ALL! THIS GUY STAY HIGHER THAN 12 AIRPLANES!! LAWRENCE, THE GUY IS PUTTING FORTH ONE HELL OF AN EFFORT!!! TONY MONTANA.....GOOD GUY WITH A HELLA HOT WIFE! ALTHOUGH HE ROOTS FOR THE RED SUX! MOFO AND CEE.......:+clueless COULD BE LOVERS....MAYBE JUST CLOSE FRIENDS!! JOJOREX.....GOOD GUY! GAVE ME $50 ONCE!:cheers AS FOR SHAWN MOTHER FUCKING GOTTI..... HES A REAL GOOD GUY! UNLESS, HES ON PAIN KILLERS AND ALCOHOL.....THEN HE TURNS INTO A REAL FUCKING ASSHOLE!:cheers :cheers :cheers

Tuckman

Uh Poster

ILL SUM IT ALL....... SHRINK IS AN OK GUY, 4 A JEW! THE GENERAL IS A REDNECK CLOSET HOMOSEXUAL! GLAK WAS A GOOD GUY, MAY HE REST IN PEACE!:cheers DIRTY.....HES A GREAT ASSET HERE, MAYBEE WASTING HIS TALENTS....SHOULD START HIS OWN FORUM! BUCS.....WELL SHRINK PAID HIM BIG BUCKS TO LEAVE THE RX.....BECAUSE HE WAS EXPECTED TO HAVE A GREAT BASEBALL SEASON....:rolleyes: MAYBEE A BIGGER BUST THAN RYAN LEAF!!! HACHE.....WELL THE NAME SAYS IT ALL! THIS GUY STAY HIGHER THAN 12 AIRPLANES!! LAWRENCE, THE GUY IS PUTTING FORTH ONE HELL OF AN EFFORT!!! TONY MONTANA.....GOOD GUY WITH A HELLA HOT WIFE! ALTHOUGH HE ROOTS FOR THE RED SUX! MOFO AND CEE.......:+clueless COULD BE LOVERS....MAYBE JUST CLOSE FRIENDS!! JOJOREX.....GOOD GUY! GAVE ME $50 ONCE!:cheers AS FOR SHAWN MOTHER FUCKING GOTTI..... HES A REAL GOOD GUY! UNLESS, HES ON PAIN KILLERS AND ALCOHOL.....THEN HE TURNS INTO A REAL FUCKING ASSHOLE!:cheers :cheers :cheers

might be this misfits funniest post ever 91023i2ndw;l