Oklahoma City Scraps Supersonics To Name Their NBA Team THUNDER: Like It Or No?

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Oklahoma City will name its team the Thunder, according to a report from a local ABC affiliate.
Website domains were reserved under okcthunderbasketball.com, but the team hasn't officially announced its name, logo or colors. The franchise renounced its rights to the name 'Supersonics' as part of the agreement that brought them to OKC. Jul. 20 - 9:59 a.m. ET
Source: Sports Ticker

Re: Oklahoma City Scraps Supersonics To Name Their NBA Team THUNDER: Like It Or No?

Sounds like the first step into the toilet for this franchise.

phoich4

EOG Addicted
Re: Oklahoma City Scraps Supersonics To Name Their NBA Team THUNDER: Like It Or No?

No, they should have been called the Bombers

Sounds like the first step into the toilet for this franchise.

By giving them the name Thunder???

C'mon Reload, at least give us okies a chance. Damn.

What should we have named the team??

How about the Oklahoma City Disasters?

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

I always thought that SuperSonics was a great moniker

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Cyclones, Tornado's, Twisters or Tumbleweeds. no other options available.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

OKC Okies?

Win a free OKC recreational vehicle at every game?

Perfect for get in free for broke ass fans night.

Are we almost to the game Daddy?

OF...:cheers

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Don't have to travel all the way to Cali to see the NBA now.

Could the arena be nicknamed the Dust Bowl?

OF...:+clueless

I think the NBA needs to consider CONTRACTION - less teams would make the league so much better!

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

Thunder is pretty cool.........

Playoff bound in 2010. You heard it here first.

And Froggy, when you come to Oklahoma will you promise to drive your favorite car?

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Let's be clear here. Oklahoma did not scrap the Supersonics name. In the agreement with the city of Seattle Oklahoma agreed they would not be able to use the name, colors or take with them any piece of Supersonics history.

I hope the Thunder fail miserably and they fall off the face of the earth while taking David Stern with them.

munson15

I want winners...

I don't like the name.2938u4ji23

Let's be clear here. Oklahoma did not scrap the Supersonics name. In the agreement with the city of Seattle Oklahoma agreed they would not be able to use the name, colors or take with them any piece of Supersonics history.

I hope the Thunder fail miserably and they fall off the face of the earth while taking David Stern with them.

Sounds like you might be from around these parts:

SSI

EOG Dedicated

i spend time in OK every year.

im glad they got the team, uncertain about the name..

had to be something to do with storms... so thunder is not a bad choice..

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Yes I am OSU. I don't say I hope they fail for the fans because they deserve a team just like anyone else but we got royally screwed in Seattle.

Yes I am OSU. I don't say I hope they fail for the fans because they deserve a team just like anyone else but we got royally screwed in Seattle.

The people of Seattle had a chance to build a new arena and voted it down countless times right? I never understood the inner workings but it looks like MOST in Seattle didnt give two shits. What am I missing?