Anyone on EOG who can bench 350 and run a 6 min mile?

Re: Anyone on EOG who can bench 350 and run a 6 min mile?

Not me. Can't do either. Too much Ellio's Pizza, maybe? :rolleyes:

jlawbaker

EOG Senior Member

Only if beer is involved and I'm given a forklift and a scooter.:cheers

i can probably bench 6 and run 350 feet or so.

in all honesty how good of an athlete would someone have to be to accomplish this? are these all pro free safety numbers? could a college player do this?

I don't know...anyone here in the special forces? I'm sure they can do it, me...NO WAY!:cheers

Last edited:

Most SF guys can't do the 350 bench. SF guys are built for endurance... The run would be no problem.
True, but like you said..most. I knew guys in the Marines, Army and Navy that were strong ass SOBs in the forces back in the day (20 years ago)

True, but like you said..most. I knew guys in the Marines, Army and Navy that were strong ass SOBs in the forces back in the day (20 years ago)
Before anyone asks, no I was not in SF, my brother was and I grew up around military all my life

Oh, I know guys that can do it... but the Group guys and SEALS aren't what you would call "big". They are strong but lean, and built for distance. Big guys usually don't have the endurance to make the runs that the SF guys have to make just to get into the SF.

Back in my day, I could have probably did the 6 minute mile... but not today. My last 1.5 mile time was 10:36.

Oh, I know guys that can do it... but the Group guys and SEALS aren't what you would call "big". They are strong but lean, and built for distance. Big guys usually don't have the endurance to make the runs that the SF guys have to make just to get into the SF.

Back in my day, I could have probably did the 6 minute mile... but not today. My last 1.5 mile time was 10:36.
Time has it's toll on all of us bro!:cheers

Off the subject Dawg, how do think the Bucs will do Saturday at the Dolphins? I'll be at the game just to see how bad Miami will be this year!

I think Tampa wins just because Miami might set the mark for futility this year.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I have done both but yrs apart, a few yrs back I tried to rededicate myself to running and no dice, quit after a week...still hard to take that I cannot run the way I use to .

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Gimme a few months and i could do it. Had to run sub 6 mile for baseball a couple years back and at that time was definitely benching around 350. It's possible, but right now, no. Summer is too busy no time to work out. Barely eat and busy from 6:30am-8:30pm most days.

mofome

Banned

Gimme a few months and i could do it. Had to run sub 6 mile for baseball a couple years back and at that time was definitely benching around 350. It's possible, but right now, no. Summer is too busy no time to work out. Barely eat and busy from 6:30am-8:30pm most days.

benching 350 with ease eh? Not bad.

91023i2ndw;l

Journeyman

EOG Master

people need to get back to this stuff which is more importanty than most of the so called things they think they must do, almost everyone that ever responds to these threads says 'I use to' 'wish I had the time' we can't afford NOT to!

eat better , get back to living right and longer, figure out an anti aging plan that makes sense...lift weights for life.