Should 5 star bomb get credit for...

Re: Should 5 star bomb get credit for...

Did I high-five him for it? No.

Oh, I was being serious when I said that you'd probably be willing to overlook yet another one of his flaws and still be his friend, and that you're apparently a nice girl as a result.

Although in my opinion, a real friend is brutally honest with friends and doesn't pull punches, even if it means telling someone that he's a bad person and needs to shape up.

But people have different definitions of "friend," certainly. I'm just saying.

lol joeyfitz made fun of me because when i hung out with him and some people last year, i got shitfaced and on the way home started hitting on this poor girl whose boyfriend was being arrested. it was hilarious and not at all serious.

::LMAO::

That IS pretty damn funny, dude. Was the BF right there? Did he see you hitting on her? Poor guy is in handcuffs and you're moving in on his girl!! Alcohol is the devil!

::LMAO::

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Dsethi, I only bashed his bashers that (or I felt that) personally attacked me. Now, I apologized to you, since our little tiff was a misunderstanding.

Like I said, I don't know the whole story and I really don't have the time to search through the forums for it...but it ust seems everyone is being a little harsh. I don't like seeing someone who has always been decent to me attacked like that. It's my nature to step in and play devil's advocate...even when I am WAY in the minority in my opinions.

Swede I appreciate it... but honestly it doesnt bother me 1 bit when I get attacked o here. I owe $300 to a poster at therx. It has taken way to long to get it to him and I am not happy about that but i got myself really badly barreled in with credit cards and other bills that I am in the process of paying off. So he will be paid here shortly. I have said all along he will be paid by week 1 nfl season. I plan on making that happen...

Fordfield

EOG Addicted

Dsethi, I only bashed his bashers that (or I felt that) personally attacked me. Now, I apologized to you, since our little tiff was a misunderstanding.

Like I said, I don't know the whole story and I really don't have the time to search through the forums for it...but it ust seems everyone is being a little harsh. I don't like seeing someone who has always been decent to me attacked like that. It's my nature to step in and play devil's advocate...even when I am WAY in the minority in my opinions.

Swede he said he would have the $300 debt paid off by football season.....he has no intentions of paying.... and stiffs should be treated like the stiffs they are.....And you were posting at SBR when he claimed the gal in his avatar was a former gf....and he took the photo of her in his avatar when they went to a game at wrigley field....he was dead serious....until another SBR poster exposed that it was really Jen Sterger...in his avatar.....By the way I rate you a 8

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Swede he said he would have the $300 debt paid off by football season.....he has no intentions of paying.... and stiffs should be treated like the stiffs they are.....And you were posting at SBR when he claimed the gal in his avatar was a former gf....and he took the photo of her in his avatar when they went to a game at wrigley field....he was dead serious....until another SBR poster exposed that it was really Jen Sterger...in his avatar.....By the way I rate you a 8

I am taking Jenn to the game tonight

if at any point during this entire fcuking fiasco had 5star made an HONEST, FORTHRIGHT attempt to settle his debt, and most wouldn't care if were 10.00 a fcuking week this would be well behind him!! He choses to post about his unwillingness to change his lifestyle or social calender in order to take care of a responsibility, with that he deserves all he gets and more. Gamblers are historically forgiving people and had he chosen to do the right thing he too would have recieved forgiveness from most if not all. I'm personally done bashing his ass as it's apparent it's a waste of time, i wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire but i will no longer smash him when given the opportunity. i hope the rest of you will decide to move on as there are much better things to do with our energy.

J

joeybagadonuts

See, now are you happy,Sweded?

They like me! They really like me!

:rolleyes:

Like I said, I don't know the whole story and I really don't have the time to search through the forums for it...but it ust seems everyone is being a little harsh.

OK I'll sum it up for you briefly:

- 5 star bomb lost a $300 wager with a fellow poster at the Rx, patsfan
- 5 star blew him off for months and put him off, only responding when patsfan went public with the stiff-job
- 5 star said he'd pay, but to date hasn't paid a cent
- 5 star has openly said at EOG that he refuses to sacrifice his social life in order to pay off the debt (i.e. going to Cubs games, spending money at bars or going to movies, etc.) I believe his exact words were "sorry, not going stop having a life just to pay off an internet wager"

In the past, 5 star bomb had blown off/put off gynecologist on another lost internet wager, continuing to come up with excuse after excuse for why he hadn't paid yet. Then out of the blue, 5 star claimed that gyno was harassing him for the money. When gyno disputed this claim, saying he did no such thing, 5 star bomb created FAKE EMAILS in an attempt to humiliate gyno. When it was determined that the emails were fabricated by 5 star and not actually sent by gyno, 5 star continued to claim that they were legit. Only later did he finally admit that he had written them himself.

Throughout both ordeals, 5 star has shown neither a shred of remorse nor shame. Stating that he'd continue to go out and party and have a social life instead of sending that money to patsfan perfectly sums up his character.

That, in a nutshell, is a summary of 5 star's indiscretions. I might be missing more, but that's what I remember off the top of my head. Fellas, am I missing anything?

Anyway, there ya go. No need to go digging for the stories now.

Edit: Oh, he also posted a picture of Jenn Sturger (sp.) and claimed it was a friend of his, and wasn't kidding. Only after another poster called him out with proof of who it really was and not who 5 star claimed her to be did he start to play it off as a "joke."

Oh, I was being serious when I said that you'd probably be willing to overlook yet another one of his flaws and still be his friend, and that you're apparently a nice girl as a result.

Although in my opinion, a real friend is brutally honest with friends and doesn't pull punches, even if it means telling someone that he's a bad person and needs to shape up.

But people have different definitions of "friend," certainly. I'm just saying.

With my friends in real life, I am brutally honest when they are screwing up...but the rules are different on the internet. This goes back to what I was saying about making assumptions about people in the forum. I know from my interaction with 5star that he can be a really good guy, because he has always been good to me. I can't speak for how he lives his life or whether or not he's doing everything possible to pay his debt. Sure, people have chimed in here and told me the story, but those people hate him, so why should I take their version as the absolute truth?

The bottom line is: I don't know enough about 5star to tell him he is a bad person and needs to shape up. What I know is that he has demonstrated to me that he can be funny, sweet and kind. I felt that m,aybe he needed at least one person to come in here, say something nice about him and play devil's advocate. I AM a nice girl, so that's what I did. Now, of course, I have Daddy issues and I'm vapid? :rolleyes:

I'd like to think that we fellow gamblers on these forums try to look out for each other, in general, especially when it comes to stiffing other posters. I truly believe that the constant badgering of Journeyman was the single biggest reason why he's now being forced to pay off his debt to his employer. Otherwise, it was apparent that Jman would've been completely content in continuing to stiff for the rest of his life.

So if you think people are being harsh on 5 star, I'll have to respectfully disagree. If we don't hold him accountable, no one will. Because of the constant bashing, instead of 0% chance that patsfan gets paid, there's now a 1% chance or greater.

Well, he said above that he does intend to pay....so it's his word against yours...and I don't know either of you well enough to trust you...so I guess I'll never know.

Yes, I was at SBR at the time. He actually said he used to know her, not that they dated...and I'm pretty sure it ended up being pretty damn ammusing to him how worked up everyone got trying to prove him wrong over a joke. Seriously, I don't think he's stupid enough to think no one would recognize her. In fact, it all started when someone over there asked if that was his girl. I got the impression he was just being a goof and it got way out of hand. But hey, I could be wrong.

Thank you for the kind rating...though I haven't really seen you around...so I think you may just be rating my boobs. In any case, the girls and I thank you. :+textinb3

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Well, he said above that he does intend to pay....so it's his word against yours...and I don't know either of you well enough to trust you...so I guess I'll never know.

Yes, I was at SBR at the time. He actually said he used to know her, not that they dated...and I'm pretty sure it ended up being pretty damn ammusing to him how worked up everyone got trying to prove him wrong over a joke. Seriously, I don't think he's stupid enough to think no one would recognize her. In fact, it all started when someone over there asked if that was his girl. I got the impression he was just being a goof and it got way out of hand. But hey, I could be wrong.

Thank you for the kind rating...though I haven't really seen you around...so I think you may just be rating my boobs. In any case, the girls and I thank you. :+textinb3

lol glad to see 1 person can figure it out....

Fordfield

EOG Addicted

I'd like to think that we fellow gamblers on these forums try to look out for each other, in general, especially when it comes to stiffing other posters. I truly believe that the constant badgering of Journeyman was the single biggest reason why he's now being forced to pay off his debt to his employer. Otherwise, it was apparent that Jman would've been completely content in continuing to stiff for the rest of his life.

So if you think people are being harsh on 5 star, I'll have to respectfully disagree. If we don't hold him accountable, no one will. Because of the constant bashing, instead of 0% chance that patsfan gets paid, there's now a 1% chance or greater.

That sums it up .......in a nut shell brother
:cheers

if at any point during this entire fcuking fiasco had 5star made an HONEST, FORTHRIGHT attempt to settle his debt, and most wouldn't care if were 10.00 a fcuking week this would be well behind him!! He choses to post about his unwillingness to change his lifestyle or social calender in order to take care of a responsibility, with that he deserves all he gets and more. Gamblers are historically forgiving people and had he chosen to do the right thing he too would have recieved forgiveness from most if not all. I'm personally done bashing his ass as it's apparent it's a waste of time, i wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire but i will no longer smash him when given the opportunity. i hope the rest of you will decide to move on as there are much better things to do with our energy.

Well, if that's true, 5Star, that is NOT cool, buddy. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to live up to your responabilities. That's life, dude.

With my friends in real life, I am brutally honest when they are screwing up...but the rules are different on the internet. This goes back to what I was saying about making assumptions about people in the forum. I know from my interaction with 5star that he can be a really good guy, because he has always been good to me. I can't speak for how he lives his life or whether or not he's doing everything possible to pay his debt. Sure, people have chimed in here and told me the story, but those people hate him, so why should I take their version as the absolute truth?

The bottom line is: I don't know enough about 5star to tell him he is a bad person and needs to shape up. What I know is that he has demonstrated to me that he can be funny, sweet and kind. I felt that m,aybe he needed at least one person to come in here, say something nice about him and play devil's advocate. I AM a nice girl, so that's what I did. Now, of course, I have Daddy issues and I'm vapid? :rolleyes:

I disagree that the rules on the Internet are different. When I call someone on the Internet a friend, it means the exact same thing as a friend in my real life, meaning I'd do just about anything for that person and truly care about him/her and will always be honest and straightforward. Then again, I also don't throw the word "friend" around as loosely as others do.

I guess the nature of our difference in opinion stems from our difference in the definition of "friend." You referred to 5 star as a friend, so I took that to fit my definition of the word. Clearly it doesn't, but it does yours, or "Internet friend," rather. Fair enough, sorry about that.

- 5 star bomb lost a $300 wager with a fellow poster at the Rx, patsfan
- 5 star blew him off for months and put him off, only responding when patsfan went public with the stiff-job
- 5 star said he'd pay, but to date hasn't paid a cent
- 5 star has openly said at EOG that he refuses to sacrifice his social life in order to pay off the debt (i.e. going to Cubs games, spending money at bars or going to movies, etc.) I believe his exact words were "sorry, not going stop having a life just to pay off an internet wager"

In the past, 5 star bomb had blown off/put off gynecologist on another lost internet wager, continuing to come up with excuse after excuse for why he hadn't paid yet. Then out of the blue, 5 star claimed that gyno was harassing him for the money. When gyno disputed this claim, saying he did no such thing, 5 star bomb created FAKE EMAILS in an attempt to humiliate gyno. When it was determined that the emails were fabricated by 5 star and not actually sent by gyno, 5 star continued to claim that they were legit. Only later did he finally admit that he had written them himself.

Throughout both ordeals, 5 star has shown neither a shred of remorse nor shame. Stating that he'd continue to go out and party and have a social life instead of sending that money to patsfan perfectly sums up his character.

That, in a nutshell, is a summary of 5 star's indiscretions. I might be missing more, but that's what I remember off the top of my head. Fellas, am I missing anything?

Anyway, there ya go. No need to go digging for the stories now.

Edit: Oh, he also posted a picture of Jenn Sturger (sp.) and claimed it was a friend of his, and wasn't kidding. Only after another poster called him out with proof of who it really was and not who 5 star claimed her to be did he start to play it off as a "joke."

Thank you. Like I said: NOT cool refusing to make sacrifices to pay off a debt that you brought on yourself.

J

joeybagadonuts

You aren?t the only one that thinks that, you have no clue how many emails/PMs I have received stating the same thing and thanking me for tirelessly harassing him about that.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
FTR, the only reason I even said said a word to Jscam is b/c I have almost $42k that I am being stiffed for by FRIENDS that I have known for 20+ years. I'm angry beyond belief about it, and can only imagine how pissed I would be if I trusted someone online and got brunt.

Not fun.

Also, if you guys had told me he stiffed a Pats Fan...I would have been at the head of the mob with my flaming torch and pitchfork! :+textinb3

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone deserves a chance to make things right. But if anyone is such a scumbag that he/she brags about things they do that involve money, all the while promising to pay off a debt when they have no plans to do so, they really are a piece of shit.

Edit: I meant to say BY his employer in that earlier post that was quoted by Fordfield and joey, not to. Sorry about that.

I have to give Gyno a lot of credit for being forgiving here. Didn't hear about all of this.

Knew they had some sort of feud going awhile back, but didn't know all the details

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone deserves a chance to make things right. But if anyone is such a scumbag that he/she brags about things they do that involve money, all the while promising to pay off a debt when they have no plans to do so, they really are a piece of shit.

i dont brag about things i do with my money... i hardly have enough money to do anything. I do go out to bars and stuff but dont spend a whole lot of cash. Usually drink more at home before going out bc its a lot cheaper and i just dont have a lot of money to spend. I am scraping by the skin of my teeth right now.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

I have to give Gyno a lot of credit for being forgiving here. Didn't hear about all of this.

Knew they had some sort of feud going awhile back, but didn't know all the details

gyno is a real good guy... i definitely shouldnt of done the fake email thing lol

:LMAO

I disagree that the rules on the Internet are different. When I call someone on the Internet a friend, it means the exact same thing as a friend in my real life, meaning I'd do just about anything for that person and truly care about him/her and will always be honest and straightforward. Then again, I also don't throw the word "friend" around as loosely as others do.

I guess the nature of our difference in opinion stems from our difference in the definition of "friend." You referred to 5 star as a friend, so I took that to fit my definition of the word. Clearly it doesn't, but it does yours, or "Internet friend," rather. Fair enough, sorry about that.

No, that's okay. Maybe "friend" was too strong. 5Star is a poster that I enjoy chatting with and has always treated me with respect. Sportsgirl is a friend of mine. I would pick up and fly to NC tomorrow (having never met her in person) if she needed me. Of course, we've been posting together going on 4 years now, so that's different. There are many posters that I enjoy around here. I'll defend them if I fee their being attacked unjustly, but I guess you are right that they aren't really "friends"...I mean, how do I even know they are who they say they are?

i dont brag about things i do with my money... i hardly have enough money to do anything. I do go out to bars and stuff but dont spend a whole lot of cash. Usually drink more at home before going out bc its a lot cheaper and i just dont have a lot of money to spend. I am scraping by the skin of my teeth right now.

You don't get it: you shouldn't be spending ANY money. Not "a whole lot." Not some. Not a little. NONE.

The sad thing is if you had offered to get on a payment plan of $10 a week, I'm sure Patsfan would've been fine with it. So you have to see one less movie a week or go out one less night, so what? Get over it, you'll live. Instead you used some b.s. "I want to pay him the entire amount in full at once" excuse. Gimme a fucking break.

You have no shame. Sorry that most of us aren't as nice or forgiving as sweded, but a lot of posters who give you shit also aren't as mean and unforgiving either. You just haven't given them the opportunity to show that side because you've acted like a bitch throughout this whole thing. You aren't a victim here. You deserve every single abusive, harassing, badgering post that's ever been directed at you. Every single one.

Deal.

5Star, pretty please don't make me look like an asshole here.

You're not responsible at all for another anonymous poster's actions, nor is that anonymous poster responsible to any of the mob here for any transaction he made with another anonymous poster at some time in the past. . .
Carry on. . .12io4j2w90

sl55

EOG Veteran

Well, if that's true, 5Star, that is NOT cool, buddy. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to live up to your responabilities. That's life, dude.

This is one case where assumptions are not being made,the proof came right from the mouth of 5star.Skins is right,some people finally decide to do the right thing if prodded enough,in this case,I'm not so sure the effort is not being wasted.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

No, I believe your exact words were, 'Sorry but I'm not going to sacrifice my social life over some stupid internet bet.'

And what's up with you now telling Pats that you have a 70% chance of paying by week 1 now?

dont want to make any promises.... he will get a payment by week 1 nfl for sure. I just dont know the amount. I would love to pay it off in full but we will see if i can do that or now when that time comes. To be honest I am really hoping to at least win this round in the eog contest so i can have that $150 cash sent to him... but i am going to use money from umpiring this wknd to send to him as well...

You don't get it: you shouldn't be spending ANY money. Not "a whole lot." Not some. Not a little. NONE.

The sad thing is if you had offered to get on a payment plan of $10 a week, I'm sure Patsfan would've been fine with it. So you have to see one less movie a week or go out one less night, so what? Get over it, you'll live. Instead you used some b.s. "I want to pay him the entire amount in full at once" excuse. Gimme a fucking break.

You have no shame. Sorry that most of us aren't as nice or forgiving as sweded, but a lot of posters who give you shit also aren't as mean and unforgiving either. You just haven't given them the opportunity to show that side because you've acted like a bitch throughout this whole thing. You aren't a victim here. You deserve every single abusive, harassing, badgering post that's ever been directed at you. Every single one.

well said...12io4j2w90

5 star bomb

EOG Master

like i have said all along i dont care if you guys rag on me. i expect it to be honest since its been this long without paying him... but i know for a fact after i pay him off that i will still hear it from a lot of guys that im a stiff or a slow pay and im a piece of shit... etc etc etc.

You're not responsible at all for another anonymous poster's actions, nor is that anonymous poster responsible to any of the mob here for any transaction he made with another anonymous poster at some time in the past. . .
Carry on. . .12io4j2w90

:cheers

Well said.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Nope.. going to the Cubs game tonight 91023i2ndw;l

Are you going to layout in the sun? You sure could use it ::LMAO::

I've told you before 5-Star that I think you're a good but misguided young man and this is what I'm talking about. You should not be going to a Cubs game when you owe a guy money and you sure as shit shouldn't be talking about going to a Cubs game on this forum when you owe money. Please understand this point.

Ummm, FWIW (and I know I'm gonna pay for this)...I think 5Star said earlier that his parents bought him the Cubs tickets for his birthday. Now, maybe he should be going out to bars, etc....but you can't expect the guy to scalp a gift from his parents on his birthday.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

I've told you before 5-Star that I think you're a good but misguided young man and this is what I'm talking about. You should not be going to a Cubs game when you owe a guy money and you sure as shit shouldn't be talking about going to a Cubs game on this forum when you owe money. Please understand this point.

Today is my Birthday... my parents bought the tickets for me and some friends to go to the game. What am i supposed to do? Scalp the tix a bday gift from my parents??... ummm no