I need some pizza delivery advice...me right or wrong

so I call to order some pizza for the kids and people over. They tell me 40 minutes. An hour goes buy, so I call, and they tell me he is in the neighborhood, be right there. Another 15 goes by nothing. I call back...the guy asks me for directions to my pad........if he was here any more often I'd charge this fuckin guy rent.

So I get a little bent, and this dusche shows up basically an hour and 40 after the order....saying he had system problems.

He gets out of his car with the pies, and I walk through the garage to meet him in the driveway. I open the top box he is carrying, grab a slice (beer in hand), and tell him to "get the fuck out of my dooryard and stuff those pies up his ass".

My question is was I wrong, and should I have paid for the slice I mauled off the top?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: I need some pizza delivery advice...me right or wrong

wrong - no

should you have grabbed a slice - probably not

I would never do that in frfont of kids....they are all 4 and under....my wife did witness this but she would expect nothing less from my skinny ass

part of the reason I was pissed is two of the kids go to bed at 8pm, he shows up at about 8pm from a 6:20 order

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Pizza guys were definitely wrong. Might not have been delivery guy's fault though. You could have sent the guy back or called to see if fresh pies could be delivered in a timely fashion. Taking the slice was wrong, but understandable. I try to put myself in the other guy's position when stuff like this happens. Many things in life are sad or bad but late pizza does not qualify as a major reason to lose one's self-respect, in my opinion. When I think about kids in the local children's hospital and their families, I think we can put this in perspective.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

ah fuck now I feel like shit cause no one is more generous than me.
Sokay. Live and learn. I didn't mean to say you were bad, just sometimes our tempers get the best of all of us. Good Luck BBBB!:cheers

the weird part is if the kids didn't have to go sleepy I could care less myself.

I have the temper of a teddy bare 99.99% of the time.

I was def wrong now that I have thought about it....prob go up tomorrow and get some grub in person and apologize.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

the weird part is if the kids didn't have to go sleepy I could care less myself.

I was def wrong now that I have thought about it....prob go up tomorrow and get some grub in person and apologize.
You sound like a really good man........I respect you immensely for the apology, whether it was necessary or not, it takes a big man to do that. Well done and Good Night!:cheers

nah they certainly did not do it on purpose. Honestly I think I got a little peaved cause the kids were waiting, and two had to go to bed.....normally I would not say a word.

I was wrong for sure and I will make it right tomorrow.

No, no, don't doubt yourself. What you did what exactly the right thing to do. It probably taught the kid a valuable lesson and he will learn from it and go on to be a better deliverer.

The only thing you could have done better would have been if you were able to see real fear in his eyes. He will improve, the company will improve and you've done them a service.

In situations like this it's always best to ask yourself "what would a caveman do" -- sometimes a return to the primitive is what is needed to rattle the cage of modern society. Bravo.

Pickandwin2

EOG Dedicated

I wouldn't ever get a Delivery from them again. Only pick up....
Because that delivery guy is going to do something to your order next time......I wouldn't trust him....Would you ? :rolleyes:

fuk now I am confused...and I am certainly not ordering a snaught pizza from them.....really good point

cut my losses and find another pizza place

see EOG can be helpful

Thx all

:cheers

one we didn;t end of keeping the pizza but they did stay up a little late to have snacks and frozen tombstone pizza

now DCS is prob after me

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

You did the right thing. I may have asked him if the pies were ? price. If he said no, then I would have told him to get lost.

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

100% wrong. I delivered pizza in high school it aint the delivery dudes fault 99.9% of the time.

Pizza dude shoulda whooped your ass imo

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

wrong...

as someone stated, you should have called the pizza place back, saying you needed the food earlier, you didnt want it now, and expected your next duplicate order to be free, or include something free.....to come out a delivery kid through the garage with a beer in your hand, and grab free food and cuss at him, ain't real cool......even if they were completely wrong (and they probably were) you DIDNT even give them a chance to make it right......you should have dealt with the manager, not the kid who probably wasnt at fault...kid is probably afraid of being robbed anyway, not of being charged at by a drunk grabbing for food and telling him to shove it up his ass..

bad choice...

djmatt

EOG Member

you deliver pizzas BBBB?? It get's greater later

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

Hey yesterday it was so rainy! all night and busy!

the delivery time at dominos where i work was at least one hour!

people were getting thier food after 1 hour!!

1 guy got his food 3 hours and 40 minutes later!

he ordered at 9 PM and i delivered to him at 12-30 AM!!

i am not sure wtf happened but its not the drivers fualt!!

when its busy here is what happens!!

1) you have drivers in the store everyone takes 2-3 deliveries which go the same way depends how busy it is

2) by the time you deliver all of them in rainy day it can take up to 45 mins depends how far they are!

3) during that 45 minutes more peopele and more people order!!

4) so the deliveries just keep piling up and they are in the store for 45 mins by the time u check them maybe something was not made
you waste more time so 1 hour goes by and then u leave the store

5) and again u take 2-3 deliveries by the time u get to that 3rd house

its gona take like 30 mins + depends how far and in the rain OMG!!

6) if its crazy busy! and the pizza place is famous forget about it
its better u come and pick up urself but its going to be a pain in the ass
u gona have to wait like 30mins for carry out in rainy days!

thats what happens in my dominos delivery JOB!!

and i had 1 guy yesterday on the phone screaming

where is my fucking pizza 2 hours , blah blah and screaming and i am like i am sorry man its busy and so and so!

and he says fuck that fuck this u have no idea who the fuck u dealing with and just curins got pissed off and came to the store
and that guy told my manager i cursed at him with a big ass lie!!

there are customers who scream and curse really painfull sometimes!
especially when its busy! so cut the delivery guy a break
its not our fault! its just busy and lots of people order and not to many drivers

1.) I was definitely wrong
2.) I was not drunk
3.) The delivery guy was not whooping anyone's ass

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

its really important when ur a delivry guy

that u need to be a big guy or at least have some muscles and some power to proteect urselves!!

because if ur physical strong they will fucking scream at you and

freaking might punch you some retarded kids of young guys!!

when ur a big guy u can say wtf man ill kick ur ass dont talk to me like that! :LMAO

The Seer

EOG Dedicated

Sometimes I am glad I live where there is no delivery service.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

its really important when ur a delivry guy

that u need to be a big guy or at least have some muscles and some power to proteect urselves!!

because if ur physical strong they will fucking scream at you and

freaking might punch you some retarded kids of young guys!!

when ur a big guy u can say wtf man ill kick ur ass dont talk to me like that! :LMAO

nice call on the over west mich yesterday...good job dude.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Hope you like eating spit, piss, or ball sweat if you ever order from that place again

cassiusclay

EOG Master

Hope you like eating spit, piss, or ball sweat if you ever order from that place again

ha ha, bbbb, you are getting some dog shit on the next pizza you order from there......

they have no chance of bring me a piss pie........never order there again so fuk that place.