Auburn Students told to NOT boo the football team

AUBURN, Ala. (AP) Auburn University has a message for its students about Saturday's game against LSU: Please don't boo undefeated and No. 10 Auburn.

The dean of students, Johnny Green, sent a mass e-mail this week urging the student body to show good sportsmanship when No. 6 LSU visits Jordan-Hare Stadium. It read in part:

``First, please join me by agreeing to demonstrate your support for, and not criticism of, our football team. That means no booing! Remember, the team isn't trying to lose the game the players work hard all spring and during fall camp to be ready to compete in the S.E.C.''

The message followed Auburn's 3-2 win at Mississippi State last week, a victory that left fans grumbling about the lack of points from Auburn's new spread offense.

With ESPN's Gameday show due in Auburn for LSU, Green told students to ``remember to have a great time, enjoy the weekend's activities, watch our language and behavior, and display class, taste, and character in everything we do.''

Green didn't immediately return a message seeking comment Thursday.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

http://wsbradio.com/news/091808boo.html

Re: Auburn Students told to NOT boo the football team

OMG.....I can't believe they even need to send an email out. How ridiculous. I think many may be surprised with Auburn's offense tomorrow night.

The students doing the booing are just getting in practice to be Titans fans....Give em a break:doh1

pvcpipe

EOG Master

the only ones that will be booing tomorrow night will be the sad LSU section. i doubt if they'll be heard over the triumphant exultation of the auburn fan base.

LSUpete

EOG Senior Member

the only ones that will be booing tomorrow night will be the sad LSU section. i doubt if they'll be heard over the triumphant exultation of the auburn fan base.

You want to place a side wager between ourselves? I'll give you 3 points and take all the action you would like.

:cheers Couldn't agree more.

Tubberville seems to have a knack for winning the games that you think he shouldn't. The Aub's have a tough, tough D and LSU has QB issues. With the Jordan-Hare edge, I see Auburn pulling out a tough one.

I'll never bet on Auburn though... simply can't bring myself to do it.

MikeOswald

EOG Dedicated

If I ever got an email like this from my school, it would cause me to boo even more. This is just stupid